onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - Jan 13th

robf

6 minutes ago, smithie said:

They could and should have cleared the pitch. For reasons unknown they chose not to. They literally let the Reading fans freely run onto the pitch. Everyone knew it was going to happen so it's inconceivable the club and police didn't. This was a few hundred fed-up Reading fans, NOT 5000 hooligans intent on disorder.

The police have failed Reading and Vale today. They were absolutely useless and it begs the question...what exactly was the point of them being there? 

Confused ??? ..what might happen next?? who’s really at fault??… If in doubt … blame the feds 😂 

Advert

1 minute ago, Lornelounger said:

I'd be staggered if the EFL made an example of Reading in this way, given what little I have seen of the regs.  They maintain the points must be decided on the pitch - though there seems to be nothing about compensating the inconvenienced team and its fans as far as I can see.  Maybe they will fine Reading, or deduct more points, but I just don't see them giving Vale 3 points - it opens up a real can of worms for the other clubs affected mid season.

They have to compensate us for travel and hotels.

Just now, smithie said:

Remind me what the police are there for? 

How would , (for a fixture of this size ) probably 20 coppers  prevent 1000’s of fans on mass entering a football pitch and staging a peaceful protest.

it’s the club’s responsibility unless its fans fighting engaged in disorder 

fans clapping and shaking hands with each other doesn’t fit that narrative 

2 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I just think if reading get to have the game replayed I personally think it stinks .

Agreed. You can just see it being in April or something when the points matter. Why should be travel down there again because their fans made the choice to abandon the game. Nothing to do with Vale that they are unhappy with an owner who no longer wants to put money in. 

As Yatesy said how many Police would be required to stop that amount of fans getting on the pitch, plus I guess most of the Reading police were in the capital looking after the Palestine demo.

Also Reading aren't paying for football related staff and back office people so they won't pay for Police.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

2 minutes ago, smithie said:

They make an informed Judgement that leaving the peaceful protestors have their peaceful protest is less risky and costly than trying to remove them. Which could lead to a Riot.

Noneone got injured. It’s also not thei responsibility to police private venues 

Archived