onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - Jan 13th

robf

Advert

Big game, lose this as despite our steady form the drop will be only 4 points below us. Win and it could be 10 points which would be a huge gap if Cheltenham lose also.

These have picked up a bit lately so not an easy one, draw wouldn't be the end of the world, need to be positive and attack like we have the last couple of home games.

Need to go at them. We’re attacking sides at home and scoring for fun, the last few away games we have been awful. (Exeter, Wycombe and Carlisle) and luckily got 4 points from 9. I’d love to see the same intensity as Saturday and against Blackpool. Not what what saw against Carlisle please. 

27 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:
54 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

We'll sit back, as we do away from home, and then try to go for it a bit once we're a couple down in the second half and the games already as good as done.

Nowt like a bit of positivity to rally the troops.

54 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

We'll sit back, as we do away from home, and then try to go for it a bit once we're a couple down in the second half and the games already as good as done.

Must admit thought the same as Valiliant.  No doubt we will sit back - showing them too much respect, go a couple down and then in the last 30 minutes suddenly realise we are trying to win the game - but too late.

Bet there are others thinking the same.  Would love for us to go there and boss the game, play at a high intensity, push high up the pitch and score a couple and come away with 3 points. 

Wonder if the after match speech from AC after the last game means he has had enough of defending them and has had a good go at them this week about their primary school defending and marking runners we keep seeing from the midfield and defence.

2 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Must admit thought the same as Valiliant.  No doubt we will sit back - showing them too much respect, go a couple down and then in the last 30 minutes suddenly realise we are trying to win the game - but too late.

Bet there are others thinking the same.  Would love for us to go there and boss the game, play at a high intensity, push high up the pitch and score a couple and come away with 3 points. 

Wonder if the after match speech from AC after the last game means he has had enough of defending them and has had a good go at them this week about their primary school defending and marking runners we keep seeing from the midfield and defence.

Away from home I'm totally fine with not been on the front foot which you hope you do in your home games. But if we're even close to as poor as we were against Carlisle we will lose, and lose by a few. Right now, we're suddenly far better going forward than we are defending and trying to be solid. So I hope Crosby also fully realises this and plays to our current strengths. If we give it a good go but still get beat, even I wont moan. What I won't just ignore or accept is losing games at a whimper, like we did against Carlisle.

Just now, Valiiant said:

Away from home I'm totally fine with not been on the front foot which you hope you do in your home games. But if we're even close to as poor as we were against Carlisle we will lose, and lose by a few. Right now, we're suddenly far better going forward than we are defending and trying to be solid. So I hope Crosby also fully realises this and plays to our current strengths.

They seem better when they push up high and actually attack the home team.  When we sit back and let them come at us, our midfield and defence let their players waltz through and have a go at our goal.  Then the players are unsure who they are suppose to mark.

It is a fine line how far they push up into their half - or just sit back and try to play it out from the back.  For that method of play, you need players capable of playing that way.  I don't mind us loosing away - if we actually look like we tried to win the game, not just roll over and have them tickle the Vale players tummies as they have done from other away games. 

We may see a reaction from the players after AC's last after match speech.  He did not sound a happy bunny with the players and wasn't protecting them like he has done.  Either that or someone swapped his after match speech from his usual one, they worked hard, gave everything and we will learn from it one.  

Nothing but a win here will suffice. I'm sure AC would think and say so aswell, so hopefully we will be set up to match such ambition.
Get at them and keep at them!
So a big test for all concerned and a very important game (just for a change )

11 hours ago, Davo666 said:

Can only see us taking all three points from this one as we've got way to much fire power !!

What about the Jelly we have in defence and midfield at times if your using fire power metaphor up front.  As the opposition goes past them all they do is watch and wobble as they score.  🤣

If the players push up and play at a fast pace we have seen them do then we could easily grab the 3 points.

3 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Over 800 tickets sold when i picked my tickets up yesterday. The new ground factor clearly at work here.

Just got my 3 tickets and surprised how few there are left so if you plan on going and having a ticket yet, I’d get your skates on 

Archived