onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wigan Athletic (H) match thread - 16th Dec

robf

Garrity is, and has been, our best forward by a considerable margin for the entire team he's been at the club. Bar the weird decision to play him in a deeper role last season, he's always been a forward. He's listed as a midfielder but if you watch any attack, he's the furthest player forward.

Superb acceleration, naturally aggressive, great positional sense, cracking in the air, good finisher. Wasn't sure about him for a while but proper warmed to him and one of my real favourites now. Keep him up top and play all the creative players around him - he'll hit 15 with ease.

• Like 9

Advert

On 13/12/2023 at 13:59, robf said:

According to Wikipedia we are one off equalling the record:

6 losses, 1 January 1992 to 14 March 1992 & 26 December 2018 to 19 February 2019

At our present rate, that's a record we stand a good chance of beating. Usually it's good to set a new record but this one we could give a miss. That would certainly improve the Christmas break.

• Like 1

I expect us to get something from this. A rare Saturday home game and players slowly coming back from injury. A draw at least, but then there’s pressure on the Wycombe game. They were woeful last season and we should have won handily away. We just need that solid starting spine to be regularly available, get through to January and then offload as much dead wood as possible to bring in another L1 striker.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

I'm not fooled by ever present players. I just don't think Dan Jones is all that

Thsts a matter of opinion .

That's the beauty of football everyone sees something different in certain players .

I like him he plays to win and generally I got from watching him that he is very capable of producing very good performances .

A front foot player to me .

Like I say footballs a game of opinions. 

People rate players cause they kick and head away ,in itself that's  a quality to some too me thars a basic football requirement .

Jones plays expansive football yes he as a mistake in him like all Vale players do but I think alongside Lowe and Debrah he could be just fantastic .

I hope I get see that 3 at the back they all have qualities I like before end of season .

UTV 

Garrity is, and has been, our best forward by a considerable margin for the entire team he's been at the club. Bar the weird decision to play him in a deeper role last season, he's always been a forward. He's listed as a midfielder but if you watch any attack, he's the furthest player forward.
Superb acceleration, naturally aggressive, great positional sense, cracking in the air, good finisher. Wasn't sure about him for a while but proper warmed to him and one of my real favourites now. Keep him up top and play all the creative players around him - he'll hit 15 with ease.
Scored more than Wilson for the Vale

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1

I've just listened to the interview with AC ahead of the Wigan game. NS, TS, FO and BG (and hopefully big JD) seem to be the only outfield players in our entire squad that can play the full 90 minutes, week in, week out. 

The interview is littered with the same old excuses. Last season, it was the pitch. This season, it's ankles, calf and hamstrings that we're hamstrung by! 

Is this down to recruitment (fragile players) or training methods? 

The constant rotation of players every game means that the team are not creating effective partnerships anywhere on the pitch. We've been doing this all season to protect the players from injury, yet we've got loads of players out injured! 

Five straight home defeats, about 6 points from a possible 36! He needs to start recording some wins quickly if he's to save his job. The next three games are huge for the possible direction of his career. 

UTV! 

• Like 1

I’m just fed up of being glorious failures, playing teams off the park then letting them win with soft goals . This group of players should be top 12 side not messing about with relegation . Most of this frustration is aimed at Crosby and his lack of tactical awareness and because of results wise he should be removed from post . Nice bloke sold up the river with striker recruitment but no football manager.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, valiant steve said:

I've just listened to the interview with AC ahead of the Wigan game. NS, TS, FO and BG (and hopefully big JD) seem to be the only outfield players in our entire squad that can play the full 90 minutes, week in, week out. 

The interview is littered with the same old excuses. Last season, it was the pitch. This season, it's ankles, calf and hamstrings that we're hamstrung by! 

Is this down to recruitment (fragile players) or training methods? 

The constant rotation of players every game means that the team are not creating effective partnerships anywhere on the pitch. We've been doing this all season to protect the players from injury, yet we've got loads of players out injured! 

Five straight home defeats, about 6 points from a possible 36! He needs to start recording some wins quickly if he's to save his job. The next three games are huge for the possible direction of his career. 

UTV! 

Management are blaming the difference in the training and main pitch for all our injuries this season 

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Looking like Massey olly and Devine are all struggling for Saturday 🙈

That leaves us in a bit of a mess .

We will see though .

So potentially he could play this team as he mentioned something about Jones and Wilson also .

Ripley 

Debrah Lowe Jones 

Walters    

Ojo  

Sang Garrity 

Chislett Uche Loft    .

Or he could go if wants persevere with same formation and knowing him he does .

Ripley 

Debrah Lowe Smith 

Lomax                     Sang

Ojo Walters 

Garrity 

Chislett Uche .

Go 3 up front high press. 

Its a weird formation but may work if  of all 3 are out .

Wilson to replace one of 3 with 20 go and score 

Grant personally if can only play a half due to sports science then he may aswell not play at all 

Defence will have to play well and the 3 I've chosen if Jones is ready to go for 45 then replaced by Smith then as long as he hits them 90 yard diagonals to Sang we should be cooking. 

All ifs and buts though there's not many options if our best 2 players are out lets hope they ain't as we need a confidence boosting win at HOME .

If play with 3 up top need be as energetic as possible and be first line of defence .

Let's send the Latins home with nothing .

It's about time our home support saw a win 

UTV 

Edited by Devine intervention

18 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

I'm not fooled by ever present players. I just don't think Dan Jones is all that

Can't remember a more overrated player by so many. 

A 2 year deal was totally foolish given he'd played less games than the much criticised Wilson in their 2 seasons here. Total waste of a wage. 

• Like 6