onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wigan Athletic (H) match thread - 16th Dec

robf

17 minutes ago, rayzer said:

We have lost five home league games on the bounce. Does anyone know what our longest sequence of home league defeats is? If we lose to Wigan, would that be another unwanted record?

According to Wikipedia we are one off equalling the record:

6 losses, 1 January 1992 to 14 March 1992 & 26 December 2018 to 19 February 2019

• Thanks 2

Advert

15 minutes ago, WV said:

Saying Stevenage were a league 2 team last season is a pointless statement. They aren’t this season. They are 3rd in league 1. What was your point supposed to be? 

Well, the amount of times people come on here after we have played the likes of Derby, Bolton etc and say well, they were Championship sides what do you expect apart from a defeat.

It works both ways

• Like 5

Well at 2 -0 nil up last night and looking like we could score a hatful I was thinking how good is sat going be .

Wigan will bring 1000 plus etc a bit of momentum etc .

Not now how damaging was that last night .

I said we could be out all competitions by 20th Dec and even though I'm the most optimistic of folk ,usually I think realistically we go into the Xmas period facing a relegation fight.and out of all cups .

I read something about players laying down tools for Clark and getting him the sack yet some still play for the Vale .

To me that leaves me really worried .

We need to find a win at home before the Middlesborough game Wigan who have beat Bolton 4-0 at Bolton is not the easiest of fixtures to be playing after a morale crushing deserved exit v Stevenage. 

Team who gives a damn .

Get it right Crosby .

I no longer trust him choose the right team to be honest he as run out of credibility for me .

He worries too much about the opposition every game we start off relatively well then he does something to give the opposition the impetus or he doesn't react quick enough to what the opposition managers changing.

Has he ever tried 3 up front with high press and not let them get out .

Has he ever changed a formation to make us a better team .

V Stevenage in my opinion at 2-0 nil up and there left back having the freedom of the city thats when the 3 up front should have been used but no let there talented left back do whatever he wanted with no opposition if in his own half been pressed he cannot go forwards because there be no room do that .

Make me manager I'd do a better job .

I'll be there but I'm a very angry man at the moment ,it's usually Vale what do it .

Why can they not make the fans happy 

UTV 

Edited by Devine intervention

Gonna be a tough ask this one i'd go... 

Ripley

Massey    Balmer   Lowe      Jesse     Sang 

Ojo      Arblaster 

Garrity                 Devine 

Loft

• Like 1

• robf featured this topic
Watching for the first time from the posh seats as an 80th birthday present for my dad... Come on vale, pull a performance from somewhere, anywhere for me...
It's too much to dream of a hat-trick from our senior striker (are performing players allowed to stay on the pitch to complete hat tricks)
Hope they come good for yer old man mate
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, robf said:

Well, how do the Valiants bounce back from that (or don't they)?

Share your views on the Wigan League fixture on this dedicated thread...

I was so disappointed by Crosby’s substitutions the other night and I have felt for quite some time that his credentials as manager are at risk and Saturday is a massive game as are the matches. Barnsley and Blackpool are over the Christmas period as we slide down the division and forget the match against Middlesbrough which i cannot go to due to medical reasons but we need to win something very soon or I feel the worst and he has to be removed from his position mr no attack manager

• Like 1

Well I'll be there yet again another day, another game. And another very very important game for the lads.
If we play like we did for the first 60 mins last night, and that's a big IF, we have a good chance of a positive result. If not I'll take a point. I won't accept a loss, not under any circumstance.
Especially if it's just handed to them, as per. Seriously can't handle any more extreme tactical errors, subs etc.
I just hope they players aren't as bewildered about last night as we all are, and they come out, up for it and fighting for the club.
Come on Vale let's get it sorted out once and for all

• Like 2

2 hours ago, valefan16 said:

got to take the posia budding optimus

4 hours ago, Vtid said:

Ripley

Ojo      Arblaster 

Loft

tives from the first 60 last night and put it into this, even a draw would be an ok result.

19mins each eh???????????????????????????????????????:drink:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Vtid said:

Ripley

Ojo      Arblaster 

Loft

Like this!

• Like 1