onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter C (A) Match thread 9th Dec

Fosse69

Advert

10 hours ago, Mellor! said:

I think most people would take a draw away from home every week if we had even an average home record. Since the first few games it's been appalling though. Its killed everything, attendances, atmosphere (Hamil swap also isnt helping), even Boslem is empty on a match day. If we lose Saturday I think he'll be gone. Hopefully a new man would then inject a bit of life back into everyone. A win just delays the inevitable for a few more weeks imo.

I think lots of people will move back to the Paddock. It wasn't always great but we didn't have rows and rows of people sitting in front of the lads who wanted to sing a bit. l now appreciate the view in the Paddock because in the Hamil, unless you're dead central you've got a post in the way of your view. 

Quick comment before bed .

Listening to Crosby sounds like Devine and Arblaster are recalled and hasn't got the balls tell the fans the truth .

Just say it .

I do not know how that leaves the squad if I suspect its true .

No worries with Walters stepping in but throwing kids in a relegation scrap ain't really what is like put the kid through. 

Big game tomoz in terms of how much do 

1 Vale want to avenge that 4 -0 thumping last season .

2 end this run of no victories since 16th Sept  

3 please the support who are becoming more and more stressed by the results and constant losses or draws at best  

Think Darren got it spot on in league cup I've attended all games .

1 Fleetwood 3 -2 win needed Ripley make a tremendous double save at end of game to progress we scored 3 good goals but defensively were a shambles most of night .

V Crewe 0-0 first half lucky not to fall behind with someone for them putting over bar when easier score OK second half better in terms of football played but still didn't score and there pens were atrocious 

V Sutton let's ne honest they were the better side most of the evening they were so unlucky at times and we were very lucky to win ..v Mansfield our best performance of season to date. 

So yeah no sugar coating Crosby has on the whole being incredibly lucky in the league cup (long may it continue)but its defo evened itself out in league where I feel we have being the opposite  .

Performances need to improve it comes to something when 2 academy kids and the much maligned Loft put the best balls in of night v Bolton ,2 should have being converted without a shadow of a doubt  

He mentioned something about having play players cause there's no one else as well due to the injuries .

So he was saying there's certain players he wouldn't play but there's no alternative .

So it all unravels .

Can they do it at St James 's Park. 

Are the fans utterly sick of them.i read a comment from a super fan saying he couldn't sell all the tickets on his coach for games such was the apathy towards this team of players and manager .

That to me is so damning .

You need the support but if you have turned thousands into hundreds wanting to attend then you have to be relieved of  your duties of the manager of my proud club .

UTV 

24 minutes ago, smithie said:

I think lots of people will move back to the Paddock. It wasn't always great but we didn't have rows and rows of people sitting in front of the lads who wanted to sing a bit. l now appreciate the absence of restricted views in the Paddock because in the Hamil, unless you're dead central you've got a post in the way of your view. 

Swapped this season from railway stand where all the old boys go (Norton Normals) to the Hamil , been really disappointed going back next season

I think most of us on here see this Exeter game as must win. I believe our squad is better than the league position we are in. Crosby and the players need to deliver or we will start to fall into the relegation places. At that point it is very likely that the only way out is managerial change. 

1 minute ago, Warren said:

I think most of us on here see this Exeter game as must win. I believe our squad is better than the league position we are in. Crosby and the players need to deliver or we will start to fall into the relegation places. At that point it is very likely that the only way out is managerial change. 

Even if we win tomorrow, why should we keep Crosby?

8 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Even if we win tomorrow, why should we keep Crosby?

I think he's in the balance even then. Of course he is. As a supporter he's driving me mad. I think he is, to be succinct, clueless.

But it's difficult to replace a manager and that's helping him presently. 

By the way, it really hurts to say stuff like above. But it's a results business and the future of the club is on the line now. In my profession of accounting and audit people who make mistakes and otherwise under perform aren't tolerated. Same in football. 

I think lots of people will move back to the Paddock. It wasn't always great but we didn't have rows and rows of people sitting in front of the lads who wanted to sing a bit. l now appreciate the view in the Paddock because in the Hamil, unless you're dead central you've got a post in the way of your view. 
I much prefer the paddock to the Hamil mainly due to the view. It's unfortunate they keep closing it for cup games and I'm not attending the Stevenage game now for this reason

Sent from my XQ-CC54 using onevalefan mobile app

Our form has been dire but Exeter have arguably been even worse. You know it's a shambles if you are playing a CB upfront instead of a fit striker. TBF it's only marginally worse than playing a CM upfront.

Beyond the poor form there are a lot of parcels between both teams. Exeter like us try to play passing football. Exeter like us struggled with striker recruitment. Exeter like us still will have a few remaining players from league 2 promotion season.

However unlike us Exeter haven't had a few cup performances in the mix to take the edge out of the bleakness. I get the sense that their fans might be one step further down the line in terms of wanting a new manager and it could easily be toxic if we go a goal up.

I do think the game might play out like a cup game with so much at stake. 

9 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

At least one manager is going to get sacked following this fixture. A drab nill nill could see both go. Hopefully Crosbys classroom tutorial will be enough to teach footballers the art of scoring a goal. We can't afford to lose this one.

soccer-goal-with-shadow-net-field-marking-gate-football-field-football-located-football-field-vector_517145-266.jpg

4 hours ago, smithie said:

I moved to the Hamil for one game only then switched to the Railway Paddock, not because of a post in my view, because of people standing up in my view.

A must win game - how do you go about selecting a starting 11.  Forwards ineffective midfielders with niggles,  I’m going to assume Olly & Alfie were rested rather than injured last 2 games - here goes

Ripley

Sang   Jessie.  Smudge   Yak.  Grant

Ojo.      Walters

Olly.                        Garrity

Uche

Chizzy & Alfie from the bench. Hoping playing Olly further up will get us a goal.

Archived