onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter C (A) Match thread 9th Dec

Fosse69

Advert

3 hours ago, smithie said:

Dire football doesn't get you through 7 Cup games and a on average a point a game away from home in the league.

Give it a rest your making yourself look so silly. We beat Fleetwood, Crewe & Sutton to get through & then another team from the league below in mansfield albeit i thought our performance that night was very good. And Burton in a replay. Good football doesn't give you no wins in the league for almost 3 months, hardly any goals & shipping them at the other end either. The results away haven't been bad i'll agree with you on that but you can't just focus solely on that, on the larger scale we haven't been good enough & the majority of the season the football has not been good. We wouldn't be in this mess if it was 

13 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Currently the worst 2 sides in league one.

Some social media platforms have labeled this game 'el Sackico' with one or maybe both managers heading for the chop !

At the start of our bad run we were playing top teams week after week. We were missing several players, maybe up to ten. We had no strikers available.

" Dont worry they said, we will be ok playing teams in the bottom half " We now have most players back that played early season. We have two strikers that have been with us for several weeks now.Well that hasnt worked out too well has it. We are a poor team. Saturday we play the only current team worse than us.

Vale    - 3 draws 7 defeats  4 goals  14 against

Exeter - 2 draws 8 defeats  2 goals 25 against

Surely if we dont win Saturday, Crosby has to go

** Just a point on players still out injured. Clarke yes we would find a place for him but i am not sure Crosby is a big fan of his. The BIG miss for us is still James Wilson and that shows how weak and unbalanced our squad is. One fit spell of 6 games from Wilson will probably give us more goals than Uche and Loft together for remainder of season.

15 minutes ago, Vtid said:

Give it a rest your making yourself look so silly. We beat Fleetwood, Crewe & Sutton go get through & then another team from the league below in mansfield albeit i thought our performance that night was very good. Good football doesn't give you no wins in the league for almost 3 months, hardly any goals & shipping them at the other end either. The results away haven't been bad i'll agree with you on that but you can't just focus solely on that, on the larger scale we haven't been good enough & the majority of the season the football has not been good. We wouldn't be in this mess if it was 

Me not a fan of stats. Comment on what i see on the pitch.

We are a poor team currently. Our squad is totally unbalanced and so has to be classed as poor for me. Oh and a poor manager.

Massive fight on our hands. We are deep into a relegation battle. Good luck to those who dont see it but sooner or later you will and they you cannot say you were not warned.

3 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Me not a fan of stats. Comment on what i see on the pitch.

We are a poor team currently. Our squad is totally unbalanced and so has to be classed as poor for me. Oh and a poor manager.

Massive fight on our hands. We are deep into a relegation battle. Good luck to those who dont see it but sooner or later you will and they you cannot say you were not warned.

i'm no fan of stats either mate 😂 what i posted were more facts than stats & i agree we're in the thick of it right now 

3 hours ago, smithie said:

Dire football doesn't get you through 7 Cup games and a on average a point a game away from home in the league.

I genuinely don't know why you keep bringing up a point a game. If you got a point a game all season, you'd get 46 points and would probably be relegated.

5 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

This has 0-0 all over it. I think it is fair to say that if either side were to have an easy win, then the loser clearly faces almost certain relegation. 

Agree with 0  0  but the bigger mistake may cost someone tomorrow.

Nerves will play a huge part. The loser will feel like relegation beckons. Still half a season to go but to the losing team and fans " oh no, its all over "

Archived