onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter C (A) Match thread 9th Dec

Fosse69

Advert

22 minutes ago, robf said:

Nah. There's a lot of problems at the club starting with the manager. Then there's the strikers, the left flank and several more.

However,  I don't believe Nathan Smith is one of them. He has earned the right to be one of the first names on the teamsheet in my view.

For me, Iacovitti is a far bigger liability. That's not because he is a poor player just that when he gets a knock it takes him several games to get up to speed and during that time, he is prone to errors. It happened at the start of the season and it has happened again now. It wasn't just the Wrexham game, he was at fault at Shrewsbury too when he lost the forward. Right now, I would be worried if he was in the back three for such a vital game. 

Fair enough fella .

Was his first game back that Shrewsbury one .

Anyway to be honest after this season I think I will pick and choose my games .

Sick of seeing the same players every season doing the same things and the same outcomes .

Surely gardening or anything must be more enjoyable than waking up after a night shift having 3 hrs sleep and seeing Vale have 1 goal attempt, with the support just sitting there waiting for a goal so they can come to life .

Everything at Vale at the moment is poor cannot even sell out a major quarter final .

Cannot fix a toilet block or whatever it is .

Upsetting the fans with not scoring most of the time .

I'm.the most optimistic person on planet earth when it comes to Vale but they have drained the life out of me and many others .

Change is needed some players need to be told to move on .

When we beat Mansfield the club should have been on the crest of a wave .

They haven't won since. 

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

How a win at a team Saturday who are in a far worse predicament than us after we have not won a league game for nearly 3 months, can keep someone in a job is beyond me.

Well it could take us six points clear of the bottom four and put us in good shape for the FA Cup replay when we could earn £67,000. Decent game after that in Wigan, and a League Cup QF three days later.  

3 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

Let's be a little more optimistic than that.  Let's get behind the team and, fingers crossed we'll get a result at St. James' Park.  However should we be badly beaten then the Crosby doubters will have a justification for calling for action.

Any defeat is justified. 1-0 or 4-0. 

Exeter are tripe. We are marginally less tripe ( at the moment). 

30 minutes ago, smithie said:

Well it could take us six points clear of the bottom four and put us in good shape for the FA Cup replay when we could earn £67,000. Decent game after that in Wigan, and a League Cup QF three days later.  

Nothing changes with a win on Saturday. Andy Crosby is a poor manager and it does not make up for poor football he's been in charge of for the past few months or even longer

2 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

It wont be a 4-0 defeat.

In fact even we lost 1-0, or drew or even won the game, it is far too late fro Crosby to save his job.

How a win at a team Saturday who are in a far worse predicament than us after we have not won a league game for nearly 3 months, can keep someone in a job is beyond me.

Crosby is beyond saving and he is losing more of the fanbase by each passing day.

If the club are allowing Crosby the game v Middlesbrough before making the change, then that's very tragic.

For the record, I think we will win on Saturday and keep a clean sheet but it is far too late now for Crosby

Make Smith player manager? My off the wall suggestion. I'm not in a pub. 

Just now, Brian Johnson said:

Why do you think that?

Smith is Port Vale through and through. I guess only those close know if he could do it. But taking a financial perspective promoting him to player manager would not break the bank with Crosby going on gardening leave until he gets a new job or his contract break comes up. 

5 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Nothing changes with a win on Saturday. Andy Crosby is a poor manager and it does not make up for poor football he's been in charge of for the past few months or even longer

I'm seeing poor results but not always poor football.   

32 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Dreading this one. I can either see us getting a drumming or knicking it 1-0 and then some thinking Crosby is Pep because he played 5-5-0. Only for us to then go back to losing every single week. 

Exeter will beat us mate & AC will still be in charge for Wigan 🤦🏼‍♂️ 

Archived