onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter C (A) Match thread 9th Dec

Fosse69

19 minutes ago, smithie said:

It's a fact. and it can't be disputed. We're currently on 10 points from 10 away league games. 

It's also a fact that our home results are alarming and point very much in the wrong direction. 

Here's another angle. Two league wins between Saturday and December 29th would see us on 25 points at the halfway mark of the season's fixtures. It looks unlikely that 50 points would be needed to stay up so that should give all but the most chronic Vale depressive some hope. 

It is 👍🏻But there's a lot more worrying facts that out way our away from which i'm not disputing it's pretty decent so far but i'm tired of talking about them tbh. There is one thing right now that will give me hope & about 95% of the fans on this forum and that's a p45. Have to admire your optimism tho mate 

Advert

2 hours ago, valefan16 said:

We did 14 in 2018 Beat Luton 4-0 Dec 30th next win was Chesterfierld on Good Friday! (we actually went 11 without a win early that same season!)

i thought we did about 17 games without a win under jr then we beat plymouth 1 0 might wrong anyone recall it

51 minutes ago, smithie said:

A draw would mean 11 points from 11 away games. That's top-six away form however those results have been achieved. 

How is that top 6 away form, Portsmouth have 21, Stevenage 19, Barnsley 18, Oxford 18, Bolton 17 and Derby 16, all achieved away from home having all played less than 10 games apart from Portsmouth.

Well well another game .

Is it a biggie not really it's too early in the season to over dramatise a game .

A few months ago Exeter were near the top so we're Vale both had horrendous runs both lost 7 -0 to teams. 

So I guess both sets of supporters are utterly fed up with the downturn in results .

Last season was a shocker for Vale .

Out of that team vert few remain 

Smith Garrity Conlonplayed for defo  and Ojo(not 100 per cent he played ) I think no one else played , Wilson didn't play think we played Tommy Mcdermott up front anyway we were absolutely thrashed as we decided to not defend at all all game and played like a ryman  league outfit .

My team.well hopefully Ollies back and Devine I'd try something new. 

Maybe they can discuss it in class today (less talking about it and actually go and do it on the training pitch till you get it right ).

Ripley 

Lowe Debrah Icavetti 

Sang Arblaster Garrity Chislett 

Devine 

Uche  Ojo 

I'm thinking after watching Vale all season that ojo because he likes to shoot should partner Uche up front .

Anythings worth a try other than that play Grant up front he hit a few efforts just wide v Reading .

Chislett can put a good ball in and Garrity can come onto the ball from deep .

To me you look for solutions 

UTV 

I think signing and now playing together big low scoring forward players of the type of Uche Ikpeazu and Ryan Loft is a sign of grossly failing management. We all know this won't flourish, even if they sneak a goal in this game, and I don't understand how Crosby thinks it will. Of course a Sunday morning pub team wouldn't know how to defend against two big guys but L1 defences certainly do. Let's hope Exeter are really really poor and (only) really poor PV under Crosby may win. 

13 hours ago, valefan79 said:

How is that top 6 away form, Portsmouth have 21, Stevenage 19, Barnsley 18, Oxford 18, Bolton 17 and Derby 16, all achieved away from home having all played less than 10 games apart from Portsmouth.

Fair enough, l couldn't find a league table with the full home and away data. I'll never let facts get in my way though 😄

1 hour ago, Devine intervention said:

Well well another game .

Is it a biggie not really it's too early in the season to over dramatise a game .

A few months ago Exeter were near the top so we're Vale both had horrendous runs both lost 7 -0 to teams. 

So I guess both sets of supporters are utterly fed up with the downturn in results .

Smith Garrity Conlonplayed for defo  and Ojo(not 100 per cent he played ) I think no one else played , Wilson didn't play think we played Tommy Mcdermott up front anyway we were absolutely thrashed as we decided to not defend at all all game and played like a ryman  league outfit .

Maybe they can discuss it in class today (less talking about it and actually go and do it on the training pitch till you get it right ).

Ripley 

Lowe Debrah Icavetti 

Devine 

Uche  Ojo 

I'm thinking after watching Vale all season that ojo because he likes to shoot should partner Uche up front .

Anythings worth a try other than that play Grant up front he hit a few efforts just wide v Reading .

UTV 

Swop OJ and Garrity round and I could live with that. 

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I thought Cheltenham were the worst side in the league at present...

How you work that out? they beat us not so long ago & got another win. Have you forgot we haven't won a league game for almost 3 months! 🤔 

1 hour ago, Warren said:

I think signing and now playing together big low scoring forward players of the type of Uche Ikpeazu and Ryan Loft is a sign of grossly failing management. We all know this won't flourish, even if they sneak a goal in this game, and I don't understand how Crosby thinks it will. Of course a Sunday morning pub team wouldn't know how to defend against two big guys but L1 defences certainly do. Let's hope Exeter are really really poor and (only) really poor PV under Crosby may win. 

Agreed. What do lower league defenders like most? Aerial battles.

what do they like least? One-twos around the edge of the penalty area.

The bit that gets me is that we have the personnel to play the second way, unless confidence is so low that nothing works

2 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

Well well another game .

Ripley 

Lowe Debrah Icavetti 

Devine 

Uche  Ojo 

UTV 

Iacovitti in and Nathan Smith out? Are you sure? 

Ripley

Sang Smith Yak Grant

Arblaster Ojo

Devine Garrity Chislett

Uche

Why would anybody play 5 at the back against a team that can't score a goal? It's a total waste of resources that we should be using further up the pitch.

Archived