onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Exeter C (A) Match thread 9th Dec

Fosse69

40 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

I genuinely don't know why you keep bringing up a point a game. If you got a point a game all season, you'd get 46 points and would probably be relegated.

Well obviously I'm pointing out that our AWAY points return is decent. I thought it was obvious anyway. 

There's no doubt we need to start winning some league games at home, that's something I don't need pointing out. I've just checked and l haven't seen us win at home in the league since the Reading game. 

Advert

4 minutes ago, smithie said:

Well obviously I'm pointing out that our AWAY points return is decent. I thought it was obvious anyway. 

There's no doubt we need to start winning some league games at home, that's something I don't need pointing out. I've just checked and l haven't seen us win at home in the league since the Reading game. 

I think most people would take a draw away from home every week if we had even an average home record. Since the first few games it's been appalling though. Its killed everything, attendances, atmosphere (Hamil swap also isnt helping), even Boslem is empty on a match day. If we lose Saturday I think he'll be gone. Hopefully a new man would then inject a bit of life back into everyone. A win just delays the inevitable for a few more weeks imo.

8 hours ago, smithie said:

Northampton was the last league win at home & last win in the league full stop. 16th September 😳 And we beat Carlisle at home before that 

7 hours ago, Mellor! said:

It is very weird that they are both out with "niggles" at the exact same time as Josh Thomas having a "setback". 

We 100% won't see Josh again, and I wouldn't be surprised if Blaster and Devine's niggles keep them out until they can be recalled.

I'd buy that Thomas is being kept back by Swansea and they'll just recall him on 1 January rather than get him fit to sit on the bench for Christmas week. The Arblaster and Devine theory makes zero sense though 

Is a point a game away from home decent ? Equates to 23 points. That's nothing to crow about.

It's all rather irrelevant when you lose 5 successive home games. 

Combine both stats and the league table doesn't lie.

For those who say well we should of won at Lincoln, we should of got something at Shrewsbury. Well we got nothing.  Cancelled out for me by fortuitous wins at Charlton and Oxford. 

The League table is a fair reflection. 

The Cup run has masked our league form. We've won a penalty lottery against Crewe, beaten ( again luckily) the team who sat 92nd Sutton, they had way better chances ,and yes a fantastic performance at Mansfield. 

Don't let this cup run hide the fact that our bread and butter performances are toothless and awful. 

Archived