onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vote of No Confidence (2)

Emile

Vote of No Confidence  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have confidence in the current regime?

• Yes
    • No - Sack Crosby
    • No - Sack Crosby and coaching staff
    • No - Sack Crosby, coaching staff and Director Of Football

22 hours ago, Warren said:

I want Uche to work out. Get fit. Be effective up front consistently. Give him a good long term contract. This forward crisis we keep having each Summer destabilises the club.

Injuries aside, not having a striker of note has and will cost us. I wish Uche well, he may have a scoring streak as he looks to be a confidence player. We need some wins in the league desperately to take the pressure of us all. We do play better football when all said and done. Without the goals it is the equivalent of "all fur coat - no knickers" and as Micky used to say we do occasionally "Roll over and have our bellies tickled"! Come on Vale - lets sort it.

• Like 1

Advert

On 15/11/2023 at 22:47, Matlock Vale said:

We're playing better football than we ever did under Clarke. Better football than Adams, Bruno, Askey, Gannon, Aspin, Brown, Sinnot and possibly Page, since probably Horton's teams.

Can't disagree with your assessment apart, that is, from one vital and key issue......despite the undoubtedly better style of football this season, the one missing ingredient is, of course, goals.  There are only two clubs in League One that have scored fewer than our measly total of 13 (Exeter on 12 and Cheltenham 7 goals!) 

• Like 1

It's reminiscent of Rob Page a bit.

Swapping out a popular, traditional 'promotion-winner' for the unproven coach who prioritises possession and developing young players. Lack of goals and final third production holds back what could be a good team.

The structure around Crosby is 100x better than Page, with a functioning academy and some degree of recruitment planning (alongside owners who aren't thick as mince). 

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 17/11/2023 at 11:42, Warren said:

I want Uche to work out. Get fit. Be effective up front consistently. Give him a good long term contract. This forward crisis we keep having each Summer destabilises the club.

I believe so,, too...but i was touting him when I saw him scoring some good goals in the Championship. I suspect we'd have to lose Willo and Loft, and possibly sell one of our youngsters to afford Uche's salary? But, we'll see whether he'd be worth taking that punt, soon?  

• Like 1

Footballs all about scoring goals .

Could Lewis Cass play up front it's all about movement the way he took the goal v Burton was striker esq. 

Sang puts a few of them balls in gamely .

At the end of the day it's not all about just  the strikers scoring .

It's about the whole team .

The only gripe I've got with Vale over especially mainly all N Smith's appearances is that for a centre half who in fairness to him wins 99.9 per cent of ball against opposition players in terms of goal kicks ,balls in etc yet very rarely wins a ball  from our attacking situations over the years I should know I've monitored and watched generally most of his games (especially home ones ).

So in order for us to improve our goal scoring output then all members of the squad need to get in  there what position they arrive in from it doesn't matter .

Our winning goalscorers in last ten league and Cup games .

Garrity midfielder v Northampton. 

Devine midfielder v Mansfield. 

Massey midfielder v Burton 

Cass defender v Burton .

So lots to do but I see signs that Uches going to score quite a few and even if he doesn't  others should benefit from tge work he does do ,if not I will put it down to team mates not being brave enough get in there .

UTV 

Edited by Devine intervention

Interesting post DI.

Re Cass and upfront, I think the question there is do we have enough cover in defence, wouldn't want to shove him up there for too long and see him get clattered by a big bruiser and another one end up on the treatment table.

I think we only have him, Smith, Debrah and Sang(who's a bit of utility player) available at the mo?

5 of our 8 currently injured are defenders(personally I'd class Grant as more midfield but 6 if we say he can play left back as well)

I was saying to a friend the other week one of Vale's problems is the goals don't come from sources that are overly prolific areas(for any football team generally).  Thankfully Garrity has had a good season to date or we'd be right in the fertiliser!!

Obviously we all know we don't have a prolific no. 9/10(out and out CF), and we don't really score many off set pieces(Iacovitti at Oxford and Debrah I think got one in the tin pot trophy).  Garrity(6), Devine(2) and Ojo(2)(10 all told I think?) have got the bulk of our goals. 

When you think about it that's probably why we are fairly easy to stop from the oppositions point of view once they've worked us out.  Creatively we aren't a bad side at times but when you add in the fact league one level players will miss chances this is why we have had problems.

Hopefully Uche will help as you say but it is a big concern!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

Can't disagree with your assessment apart, that is, from one vital and key issue......despite the undoubtedly better style of football this season, the one missing ingredient is, of course, goals.  There are only two clubs in League One that have scored fewer than our measly total of 13 (Exeter on 12 and Cheltenham 7 goals!) 

Just had a quick look and of the 25 games we have played  this season ,in all competitions we have scored 2 or more goals in only 6 games, in 9 games we failed to score.  That means in the 10 other games we scored 1 goal.  So out of the 25 games played in 19 games we either scored 1 goal or failed to score, and therein lies our problem. Apart from the opening day, we arent getting stuffed by the opposition, but equally if the opposition score 2 against us we are stuffed.

18 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

Make that 3 teams Bb,Shrewsbury 10.😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The man in the pub said:

Just had a quick look and of the 25 games we have played  this season ,in all competitions we have scored 2 or more goals in only 6 games, in 9 games we failed to score.  That means in the 10 other games we scored 1 goal.  So out of the 25 games played in 19 games we either scored 1 goal or failed to score, and therein lies our problem. Apart from the opening day, we arent getting stuffed by the opposition, but equally if the opposition score 2 against us we are stuffed.

Spot on.  That's the exact thrust of my argument.  It's true, first match apart, we aren't getting rolledover and we are playing some good build-up football. We just need more goals!

• Like 1

On 15/11/2023 at 22:47, Matlock Vale said:

We're playing better football than we ever did under Clarke. Better football than Adams, Bruno, Askey, Gannon, Aspin, Brown, Sinnot and possibly Page, since probably Horton's teams.

It's all open to debate a sweeping statement like that. 

Pure football I agree. Entertainment I disagree. 

Fleetwood 5-2 and Rotherham 6-2 were pure attacking delights under Adams. Two wingers flying at teams in JMW and Vincent. Far more exciting than what's been seen so far with the possession based sideways,backwards, sideways and back to Ripley football..

Under Adams we had numerous 3 and 4 margin victories. 

There's no question our current midfield at their best are outstanding footballers. But the lack of cutting edge makes it like watching paint dry at times.

I'd take Adams style all day as I like to get off my seat occasionally. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

It's all open to debate a sweeping statement like that. 

Pure football I agree. Entertainment I disagree. 

Fleetwood 5-2 and Rotherham 6-2 were pure attacking delights under Adams. Two wingers flying at teams in JMW and Vincent. Far more exciting than what's been seen so far with the possession based sideways,backwards, sideways and back to Ripley football..

Under Adams we had numerous 3 and 4 margin victories. 

There's no question our current midfield at their best are outstanding footballers. But the lack of cutting edge makes it like watching paint dry at times.

I'd take Adams style all day as I like to get off my seat occasionally. 

5-0 at Stockport wasn't bad either. That really was a good team to watch. Page killed the enjoyment when he replaced Adams.  

• Like 4

We played some great exciting football under Adams however when he first came in we played some pretty dull football. We were leaking goals left right and centre he switched us to 5 at the back, tightened things up and stopped the rot. Once we were tight at the back we then became more expansive.