onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vote of No Confidence (2)

Emile

Vote of No Confidence  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have confidence in the current regime?

• Yes
    • No - Sack Crosby
    • No - Sack Crosby and coaching staff
    • No - Sack Crosby, coaching staff and Director Of Football

Advert

<ovf censored> fan here.

A good kids performance in a competition no-one cares about and a decent showing at Mansfield only papers over the cracks of the past 2 months. Injuries have progressively got worse over that time in defence but it's not good enough. We are still not creating enough clear opportunities and the squad don't have the the right mentality. The manager's job is to find solutions and mange the games - he looks incapable of doing that so far. 

If I watch the same weak football play in both boxes again at Shrewsbury then he needs to go pronto and I will be singing for him to be sacked in the away end.

Edited by MBE
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Osh said:

ALL of us are aware that we have not won enough games. BUT we have to make a choice we either spend cash we (read Carol) haven't got or we stick OUR hands in our pockets and chip in. That didn't go to well when the Middlesbrough tickets prices were announced. 

Even then, you don't say what we actually need to do. And please don't reply in cliches. 

I have not made one single comment on the prices for the Middlesbrough apart from mentioning the 1876 membership scheme which I knew the club would come good in the end

Whilst I agree the midfield are a joy to watch at times. 

The two business ends of the pitch are disastrous as the stats prove.

I remember West Brom always crowing about their wonderful carpet football when they were in The Premier league. Must of been relegated at least 3 times.

It's a results business. We have 3 points from the last 27. Injuries or no injuries the buck stops with Crosby. I was there Saturday and the 2nd half capitulation with not one effort on goal from ourselves was shocking. 

Up to the 50th minute I actually had Lincoln down as the worst team I'd seen all season yet we still managed to throw it away. 

Shrewsbury is humongous now as I'm not seeing much against Derby especially on a Tuesday ! 

How long do we give it ? Failure to win any of the next two sees us eleven without a win. Change has to be made then if only for the hope of avoiding defeat at Exeter. 

• Like 4

It is unfortunately a results business,  I accept we have played some decent football, but we have also put in some very poor below par efforts especially at home. There are a number of things that need addressing and quick or we are going to be sucked in to a relegation battle. 

2 hours ago, Osh said:

Perfect reply.  And lets not mention some of our "fans" being <ovf censored> <ovf censored>

Get in! 

Another fans e-kicking. Second of the season. Profanities is the cherry on top.

When will the hattrick fall? Join us again on 'give the fans an e-kicking'!

• Like 2

A quick reminder that Port Vale FC are the worst performing League 1 team since Jan 1st 2023 (excluding teams who were promoted or relegated this summer).

No League 1 fanbase has seen fewer points, but somehow the fans are ovf censored ovf censored, or something, if they question the man who has been assistant manager and manager for the entirety of this league-worst run. 

There are inevitably going to be questions around Crosby, and rightly so, until he stops being one of the most senior coaches/managers for the worst team in League 1 this calendar year. 9 winless and 13 goals in 16 makes pitiful reading.

Edited by JoeB2
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

He wasn't pulling up any trees at Vale and he certainly isn't pulling up any trees at MK Dons.

Just because its not working with Uche or Loft, it does not make it that having Harrison was right either

Can't argue with that, but the real problem of course, is  that no-one is "pulling up any trees" currently

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

I remember West Brom always crowing about their wonderful carpet football when they were in The Premier league. Must of been relegated at least 3 times.

It's a results business. We have 3 points from the last 27. Injuries or no injuries the buck stops with Crosby. I was there Saturday and the 2nd half capitulation with not one effort on goal from ourselves was shocking. 

Up to the 50th minute I actually had Lincoln down as the worst team I'd seen all season yet we still managed to throw it away. 

Shrewsbury is humongous now as I'm not seeing much against Derby especially on a Tuesday ! 

How long do we give it ? Failure to win any of the next two sees us eleven without a win. Change has to be made then if only for the hope of avoiding defeat at Exeter. 

And I get that Darren, I really do.

So, let's say tomorrow goes wrong or next Saturday. We fire AC.

That's going to cost us money. We still the have the same group of players. We still have the same injury crisis. 

We have lots of people on here saying we need to score more goals. How do we do that with the resources we've got. 

We had people on here complaining that we didn't have any strikers. The club has gone out and got two more; I know some hate them, but ta all we can afford. 

Some on here hated the fact we didn't play 2 up front. So we played 2 up front. Still not happy.

So what you gonna do.  And no broad brush strokes - firm details. Oh, and by the way, be prepared cause there will be people on here who will disagree with anything you or I say.  

What's that saying about pleasing some of the people some of the time 

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Matt Taylor. Experienced, successful, produced a production line of talent at Exeter whilst playing good attractive football. I'd be sounding him out now  to see if he would be interested.

I'm convinced this group of players should be doing better even with the number of injuries we have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Osh said:

And I get that Darren, I really do.

So, let's say tomorrow goes wrong or next Saturday. We fire AC.

That's going to cost us money. We still the have the same group of players. We still have the same injury crisis. 

We have lots of people on here saying we need to score more goals. How do we do that with the resources we've got. 

We had people on here complaining that we didn't have any strikers. The club has gone out and got two more; I know some hate them, but ta all we can afford. 

Some on here hated the fact we didn't play 2 up front. So we played 2 up front. Still not happy.

So what you gonna do.  And no broad brush strokes - firm details. Oh, and by the way, be prepared cause there will be people on here who will disagree with anything you or I say.  

What's that saying about pleasing some of the people some of the time 

Their are plenty of people out there who can get better out of these players and will not just stick to playing 3 at the back.

How many times have played 2 up front this season?

We must be easiest team for opposition managers to work out how to play against Vale

Osh, why does AC keep sticking with the same system , time and time again?

A number of teams in this league adapt and change formation, where we just stick with the same old same old

2 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Their are plenty of people out there who can get better out of these players and will not just stick to playing 3 at the back.

How many times have played 2 up front this season?

We must be easiest team for opposition managers to work out how to play against Vale

Osh, why does AC keep sticking with the same system , time and time again?

A number of teams in this league adapt and change formation, where we just stick with the same old same old

I think the 3 at the back thing is a Flitcroft idea. We keep hearing style of play etc from Crosby but it never seems I've its his mantra, more like that of on high, and he also says "we've recruited to play a certain style" tells me that Flitcroft brings the majority of the players in and gives them to the manager to deployment based on the club's style.

It's no coincidence our last two managers have favoured three at the back and that our recruitment for this system was aligned to Flitcroft installed as DOF.