onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vote of No Confidence (2)

Emile

Vote of No Confidence  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have confidence in the current regime?

• Yes
    • No - Sack Crosby
    • No - Sack Crosby and coaching staff
    • No - Sack Crosby, coaching staff and Director Of Football

2nd round of no-confidence for AC. 

For the record, I said I would be making this thread prior to today's result to see if there has been any change in the feelings of supporters who voted last time.

Results of the last vote of no confidence after the last league game (2-1 defeat to Cheltenham);

Total Number of Votes = 78

Yes = 28 (36%)

No - Sack Crosby = 4 (5%)

No - Sack Crosby and coaching staff = 12 (15%)

No - Sack Crosby, coaching staff and Director Of Football = 34 (44%)

The record

Andy Crosby's record as manager as of the Lincoln game (league only)

20 games in charge
6 wins

19 goals scored

31 conceded

22 points

Darell Clarke's last 20 games;

3 wins

18 goals scored

34 conceded

14 points

Clarke's last 9 games before dismissal - 

won 1

draw 3

lost 4

points 6

goals scored 9

goals conceded 15

Crosby's last 9 games -

Won 0

Draw 3

Lost 6

points 3

goals scored 5

goals conceded 14

It should also be factored in that we have made it to the QF of the league cup, however, I think we have had fairly easy opposition on the way there. We have also managed to qualify in the paint pot cup, but I don't think anyone would judge the manager based on this tournament. We also have the opportunity to get through to the 2nd round of the FA Cup on Tuesday but with a weakened squad away from home it might be a tall ask. 

Updated stats for the record

The record

Andy Crosby's record as manager as of the Derby game (league only)

22 games in charge
6 wins

20 goals scored

34 conceded

22 points

Darell Clarke's last 22 games;

4 wins

19 goals scored

35 conceded

17 points

Clarke's last 11 games before dismissal - 

won 1

draw 3

lost 4

points 6

goals scored 9

goals conceded 15

Crosby's last 11 games -

Won 0

Draw 3

Lost 8

points 3

goals scored 6

goals conceded 17

Edited by Emile
incorrect result of the chelt game
  • Like 1

Advert

For me, it probably isn't the right time for a manager change, but I have no confidence in Andy Crosby or the coaching staff.

The problems we had in the second half of the season are still present, despite a change in players which has resulted in a clearly better squad than last season. I didn't think a change of manager was needed last season, but if we were going to do so, the assistant and the coaching staff should have gone too.

We are set up too defensively and aren't being coached well enough to be ruthless. The subs are coming too late in general and are not the ones to change the change. We have one plan and aren't able to adapt our game to win football matches.

For DF, I think he should stay until the end of the season. I think we will need to change managers before the end of the year in order to get a good chance of staying up. If DF can appoint a decent one, and back them with the right additions to the squad in January that keeps us up, I think he has done OK enough to keep his job. If we are relegated, he should walk.

• Like 1

Vale do not need a director of football...they need a couple of scouts that operate under the manager, the director of football is the equivalent of any so called director  at a company who sits on his behind like a faceless ghost whilst everyone else does the work and the DOF reaps the cream. You don't need that at a club like Vale. It isn't a corporation, it's a family community football club

Edited by Killersrevenge44
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

Vale do not need a director of football...they need a couple of scouts that operate under the manager, the director of football is the equivalent of any so called director  at a company who sits on his behind like a faceless ghost whilst everyone else does the work and the DOF reaps the cream. You don't need that at a club like Vale. It isn't a corporation, it's a family community football club

The DoF manages the football side of things, where the owners are lacking in knowledge, although there must come a time where they have acquired enough knowledge, but most importantly having a DoF allows the owners to carry on with their other business interests and charitable work.  Nowt wrong with that.

Fair to say that when things aren’t going so well there isn’t much cream for the DoF to reap.

42 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

The DoF manages the football side of things, where the owners are lacking in knowledge, although there must come a time where they have acquired enough knowledge, but most importantly having a DoF allows the owners to carry on with their other business interests and charitable work.  Nowt wrong with that.

Fair to say that when things aren’t going so well there isn’t much cream for the DoF to reap.

How do you think Bill Bell coped!!

• Like 2

Personally, I think it is still too early to make any call on Crosby. Yes, he took us on a great run, the football we are playing is a lot better than we’ve seen for quite a few seasons and he has been dealt with a lot of injuries but on the other side, we are on a terrible league run, his substitutions consistently make us worse, he somehow sees something in Loft and does not seem able to change our system or tactics when perhaps he should. 

I won’t be voting because of these reasons but I must say Flitcroft seems to get away with our errors on and off the pitch all the time.

• Like 4

We're in a rut due to an inability to score goals and a horrendous injury record. We can't score due to poor recruitment of strikers and the injury situation is baffling. So in conclusion, Crosby is not to blame and changing the manager is unlikely to cause any great improvement in of itself. But if results continue to go against us then the manager will inevitably be sacked.

• Like 3

ive already made my thoughts known. the DOF is a project which has failed largely at the club. weve been found out this season not getting a striker as a PRIORITY. if it was me there would be a clearout from the top down.

and all the happy clappers who are still that way....we are 3 points off the relegation zone in a much worse position now than we were at this point last season.

continue as we are and we are back in the bear pit.  but its ok. at least the queues at the food kiosk in the railway stand will be more manageable.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

I interesting that the votes have turned, but there are less votes. Have those who for the Crosby/DOF out given up and lost interest? 

Crisby should have have gone after Cheltenham so we could have a new manager by December to work out who he needs to target in January. 

Giving more time will lead to more dross results. Even with a fully fut squad we were scraping for results.

Fingers crossed that we have a miracle against Middlesborough and get some much needed revenue for a striker. 

For now until any changes are made we need to back the players and never ever boo no matter how bad the results are. It is encouraging that the performances are ok-ish.

I'm quite positive but after yesterday and the Wrexham second halves ive lost it so disappointed and angry at this constant getting in front in games and then throwing them away with lack of energy for me the most alarming thing .

I think the cup run is papering over the massive cracks that are appearing .

I think any other manager may be getting the sack but I'm willing give him till the January transfer window .

I'm disappointed he doesn't seem know how change tactics in a game .

It's always like for like .

He needs a uplift in wins and they have to come soon 

5 hours ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

ive already made my thoughts known. the DOF is a project which has failed largely at the club. weve been found out this season not getting a striker as a PRIORITY. if it was me there would be a clearout from the top down.

and all the happy clappers who are still that way....we are 3 points off the relegation zone in a much worse position now than we were at this point last season.

continue as we are and we are back in the bear pit.  but its ok. at least the queues at the food kiosk in the railway stand will be more manageable.

Largely failed? How do u work that out it’s his 3rd season( correct me if I’m wrong)and we are a league higher and playing better football 

Do u work nights or is your post another drunken rant 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Killersrevenge44 said:

How do you think Bill Bell coped!!

There’s no comparison.  Bello was the owner in different times, when the staffing levels were such that first team manager would help paint the stadium.  In more recent times Sexman ran the whole thing himself and look where that ended up.  You’re saying we should revert back to those times?

6 hours ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

So the project has failed because we haven’t landed a striker, therefore we should smash the whole management structure up.  Then what?

• Like 3

and the reason we haven't found that striker is not because of DF it is because Carol won't pay the going rate for one, In the end you can sack Crosby and Flitcroft but we still won't end up with a top quality striker because Carol just won't spend that kind of money. We need outside investment or she needs to sell up if this club is to progress.

Edited by WV
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3