onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wrexham (A) FLT G match thread 7th Nov

Fosse69

12 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

Well if your a supporter who has paid go this game why  would you just sack it off.

Finish top of the group home draw  

I've read some crap from Vale fans  this afternoon because us or Burton got Stevenage lets lose lets not ,two teams in our league standing in way of glamour third round tie .

Lets attempt to win every game especially v Wrexham. 

Team  

.      Luitweiler 

Cass Smith Debrah 

Walters 

Plant   Conlon New lad chislett 

Loft Thomas 

More than enough in that team do the business 

The risk far outweighs any reward in this competition. If we named a first teamer (or anyone close to it) and he then picks up a knock given our ongoing issues there I will say it now I’ll be absolutely raging. Just get through the game and frankly the result is an irrelevance. I’m pretty certain Crosby will approach it that way too.

Advert

I'd imagine Wrexham will play a near full strength team and the home ends will be full so about 8k to 9k crowd. I'm expecting us to put out half reserves players like conlon, leitweiller and the rest youth team players like shorrock who is just 16 years old, Walters who is 17. I'd probably play smith from the first team now that he will be suspended next Saturday. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter if we lose 5 nil, 6 nil, 1 nil or what as we have already qualified for the next round.

11 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Leitweiller looks a good shot stopper. They will have some 'heavy legs' after the Mansfield game. Maybe they will be resting a few too!

They’ve got Gillingham next Saturday which won’t be easy and they may want to rest their better players with that in mind, but as others have said it’s almost a dead rubber of a game and the last thing we need is more injuries.  Again, like others, I’ve no real interest in this game or competition (unless we get to Wembley of course 😜) other than it potentially impacting our starting 11 for the league games.  Opportunity for the youth players to step up and give Wrexham a scare perhaps, who knows one or two new faces may force their way into contention for the squad or even a start at Lincoln next week?

1 hour ago, Guppys left peg said:

Just get through the game and frankly the result is an irrelevance. I’m pretty certain Crosby will approach it that way too.

I agree with this absolutely!
But then he just have to drop the rhetoric about "always going out to win" and "strongest team possible", and make the pre-match talk more about seeing how the young players respond etc. Make it about his beloved "developing players", more than going out to win it. I know the players will play to win, of course they will, but we all know there's a difference in putting 1-11 and 12-22  out there. Just admit it, as we all know it and accept it. 

So what's the diagnosis of Mr cool calm and collected Lowe .

I hope it's not bad he is a fantastic player .

So if rests players then team v Lincoln should be .

Ripley 

Cass Debrah Plant

Ojo Garrity 

Sang  Ollie Devine Chislett

Uche 

Plenty of go I that side 3-1 Vale .

Wrexham team lers get some confidence into our strikers with goals Thomas and Loft to defo start for me a goal for both =lift off 

A 3- 3 draw 

1 hour ago, Devine intervention said:

So what's the diagnosis of Mr cool calm and collected Lowe .

I hope it's not bad he is a fantastic player .

So if rests players then team v Lincoln should be .

Ripley 

Cass Debrah Plant

Ojo Garrity 

Sang  Ollie Devine Chislett

Uche 

Plenty of go I that side 3-1 Vale .

Wrexham team lers get some confidence into our strikers with goals Thomas and Loft to defo start for me a goal for both =lift off 

A 3- 3 draw 

No Smith?

Archived