onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

7 minutes ago, Budgie_2260 said:
20 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:
Do we really know Charlton were signing uche though don’t forget same day we were signing Jake young according to some 

He went down for a medical.....

It's all too late now. Portsmouth broke our player and he's gone to be super glued. Loft has to come in and be made effective. I think Loft must play because of his physicality. If he doesn't opposition teams will more easily target Chislett and Wilson. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 1

Now the dust has settled  I’m even more perplexed about the lack of striker when you consider we were all set for Uche to join Charlton.

Negligence by Flitcroft. He should be sacked for incompetence.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:

Reading PVO earlier, with several posters basically saying they feel sorry for Rob on this site and how they don't bother coming on here anymore because of posters constantly kicking off on one another and thus taking threads off topic.

I can see what they mean!!!! 

Shut ya face 🙂 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Budgie_2260 said:
31 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:
Do we really know Charlton were signing uche though don’t forget same day we were signing Jake young according to some 

He went down for a medical.....

I’m just not sure if it’s been confirmed by anyone at the club 

28 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Most players signed in the summer are free agents as they leave when their deals expire. 

Exactly. After the windows have closed and the season has started nobody wanted you.

• Like 1

I’m just not sure if it’s been confirmed by anyone at the club 
Crosby told he local media: “There was interest in Uche from Charlton. A transfer fee which was in the (contract) was met by Charlton which enabled the player to go and speak to them and… for whatever reason that deal didn’t get concluded.”
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, MBE said:

Now the dust has settled  I’m even more perplexed about the lack of striker when you consider we were all set for Uche to join Charlton.

Negligence by Flitcroft. He should be sacked for incompetence.

I'm assuming Uche's wages and fee would have gone towards whoever it is that we couldn't persuade to sign yesterday

57 minutes ago, Osh said:

As I understand it the money we were making from that was going to part fund the Young deal till Uche failed the medical.

We got played like an old fiddle. Charlton needed to look like they had another iron in the fire in order to get the Ladapo deal through. Nobody was ever seriously going to pay a quarter of a million pounds for Uche Ikpeazu.

For all the backslapping and PR about how ace we are at recruitment, from the outside we’ve come across as incredibly naïve in the transfer market recently. 

Edited by Santa
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Here we are guys cheer yourselves up! 5 page list of free agent strikers(including Dwight Gayle and Connor Wickham(still)), you can filter it for different positions/countries etc,

I left whole world on as Flitcroft said we were widening the net!😜

Free Agent Strikers

Connor Wickham hasn't played since May. You are probably looking at mid March before he's fit.

Without looking at the list it probably leaves Deeney and Gayle. Gayle will have suitors, what we can offer him is regular game time. Similar situation with Deeney. 

Does seem this window has been reminiscent of the Maynard window, where we held out in the hope of a signing fans would have been very happy with; ultimately missing out on lesser players we could have signed. That's football. Sadly I think we may end up finding out how good Debrah was as a centreforward. 

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

The risk you take leaving it to the last minutes of a window to business. Plenty of clubs have signed strikers well before the window closing

Totally agree… I think going o to that situation without a backup is unforgivable 

• Like 4