onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

It's heart rending stuff losing players who have played a big part in building a team.

The fact that there is such disappointment is again a sign of the progress being made.

It's impossible not to love Uche, and seeing two quality youngsters develop so well has been great to see.

None of this was happening before now.

Loanees came and went with barely a whimper. I doubt we'd have even got Uche through the door in the past, never mind developed him into a decent player again.

• Like 4

Advert

28 minutes ago, robf said:

Who's potentially out there if Ikpeazu goes? Bradford seem to have put a big price tag on Jake Young, so just wondering if anyone has heard any other names linked? 

I think that's the problem Rob; not a lot out there. Will Goodwin is valued at 400k after scoring 6 league goals. He's basically had one run of scoring in 4 consecutive games. He might carry that on, or never score in consecutive matches again in his career. You look at some of the valuations getting quoted right now and there is little value. Sky transfer rumours are also often just that. We, as a club, seem pretty tight with rumours until very close to an actual signing. Any rumours are either just that, from an agent, or from the other club, or just made up. I could imagine us selling if they have a replacement lined up but I can't see and obvious name for less than 400k. I'd be confident we don't have to sell, so I can't see us letting him go for 50k. Selling without a replacement and we'd be risking a relegation battle.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, smithie said:

Absolutely. If only we'd spent millions on finishing the Lorne St, the new pitch, the T-Zone, the stadium revamp and the club shop.

Oh hang on....we did.   

did we?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

If true sod it I ain't bothering go another game .

Fair enough loan players .

They come and they go .

Uche given so much lately 3 -3 Charlton outstanding 3 -0 Blackpool superb second half v Barnsley when come on with Wilson superb 

We scoring goals the whole point of going games wonder why that is .

Joke Vale are .

I'll give my season ticket away .

Ridiculous Vale .

He's gone by sounds of it 

Great who's the target man now 

Nathan Smith

Load of crap 

Why you bringing smudge into it 😭😭😭 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, robf said:

Who's potentially out there if Ikpeazu goes? Bradford seem to have put a big price tag on Jake Young, so just wondering if anyone has heard any other names linked? 

If Bradford, a league below us, are asking a sizeable price for Jake Young, and there's a competition between Wycombe and Charlton to sign Uche, i'd hope we'd be asking a good price for him.  Hopefully whatever we get for him will go back into the kitty for us to buy someone else.

• Like 1

Weir is the replacement for Gordon? (happy)

Williams for Balmer (happy)

Just need to replace Devine, Arblaster and maybe Uche now! And Conlon, and maybe Cass. 

Edited by 1
  • Like 1

I think it's fair to say before the Charlton game, most Vale fans would've driven Uche to the Valley themselves. This sudden clamour that we can't do without after 1 x solid performance is mind boggling. 

If we get money for him, it's an absolutely unbelievable bit of business by the Vale.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, 1 said:

Weir is the replacement for Gordon? (happy)

Williams for Balmer (happy)

Just need to replace Devine, Arblaster and maybe Uche now! And Conlon, and maybe Cass. 

who the hell is gordon? 😅

• Haha 4