onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

3 hours ago, The Master said:

Barrow have better players than us.

Barrow have a better manager than us.

11 on 11 tomorrow, Barrow would beat us.

We should be in for the likes of Cole Stockton.

Our “philosophy” is well and good and will probably make money. 
The academy products. Sold. And others will go. Money.

Crosby. His style of play. Never ever ever will change. Tweeked but will always stay a constant. Like it or lump it.

Flitcroft. Earns money for Carol? He stays.

All I needed in my life today to know where the club is going is that Alfie Devine interview.

Its football manipulation.

Every question is thought out.

Every question will have been fed to Alfie.

Every question is now out there in social media to say to the suits at clubs higher than us that we are a good club.

You may as well have held Alfie down and said say what we want you to say.

I absolutely loved Alfie being here but if that’s the way football is going then it’s not for me.

Its so robotic it’s untrue.

I ask the older generation in here…. Is football fun anymore? Is there real passion? I don’t see it. I honestly don’t see it. All I see is a business. I see Port Vale Football Club as a business. A business where Carol Shanahan wants to make money. Nothing wrong with that. But she doesn’t care. She doesn’t. She cares about money. And she, like any other football club owner will put on a front saying that they care, virtue signaling her silly little scarf, when in reality they don’t! They care about making money. 

And don’t get me wrong, I’d rather have her in charge of the club than Smurthwaite, as one wants to make money whereas the other just wanted to steal money but wouldn’t it be lovely to take the politics out of everything.

I don’t want my club to be “robotic”. That’s what we are and that’s what fans can’t see. A robotic club making money for the owners. I want my club to sign the best players and go and challenge up the leagues. 
A lot of this season has been <ovf censored>. Let’s not dress that up. But on the field, when Stockport and Wrexham come up next season, maybe Notts County, that’s more clubs surpassing us on the pitch.

Because when Carlisle, Fleetwood, Reading go down, that’s a lot harder to get points off than the latter mentioned.

The virtue signaling in this club might be ok for a long term plan but the hardcore supporter will just leave whilst the <ovf censored> on the pitch continues. Apart from cracks papered over this last month.

January 18th. Still no striker. Lost our two best players which weren’t ours in the first place. It’s all a bit of a philosophical mess!

Advert

12 hours ago, Walka003 said:
15 hours ago, The French Connection said:
Just a thought, with Vale having done so well by Alfie and Blaster, might we have clubs trying to poach our coaches?  Or even our Manager? 

You've got to be kidding.

Joke of the week goes to 😂😆😂

• Like 2

Personnally I think Crosby needs a good 2nd half to the season, I'm not saying go and get us into or on the verge of the playoffs with a brilliant run(although it would be nice😁) but limping over the line 18th-20th and staying up by 3-6 points whilst it's OK doesn't really show much progress or cut it in someways(imo at least).  Particularly in terms of changing the opinion of those who are on the fence re his ability as a manager.  Fans will then seemingly "vote with their feet" in terms of ST sales for next season during the summer and a change would potentially have to be made. 

On the other hand finish with a bit of a flourish(10th-14th) and playing some good stuff might inspire a bit of confidence in the fanbase.

Yes replace the loan signings by all means(I like the sound of the two lads linked Donley and Gore) but we were a couple of bodies short in certain positions anyway, we have seen Conlon vacant the premise, I assume that frees up a wage to get a permanent signing or two as well?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

We should be in for Cole Stockton? He's not deemed good enough for Burton to farm him out on loan who are below us?!

Yes, he never felt right to me. Slightly dismissive by me, but he's been successful at Morecambe and done OK at Tranmere. He's not worth the relatively high wages he likely wanted. I suspect he was very well managed at Morecambe (a non libellous hint).

Edited by Warren

Yes replace the loan signings by all means(I like the sound of the two lads linked Donley and Gore) but we were a couple of bodies short in certain positions anyway, we have seen Conlon vacant the premise, I assume that frees up a wage to get a permanent signing or two as well?

We've got a long way to go in this window for it to be successful, we currently have three fit options in the middle, 4 if you include Walters who has looked way below par the last few games he's played. On top of that we haven't yet backed up Grant properly, we're still forced to endure Massey at rwb, and still have only one real goalscorer. A lot of these were flagged as priorities by flicks in his interview with baggers. Tick tock.

I'm also guessing we'll see Cass leave the club at some point, given Crosby eluded to it in on of his post match interviews.

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

2 questions.

How do you know that they have put £12 million into the club?

How do you know our upper league 2 level and not league 1?

That’s a fair point. Also £12 million isn’t really, in football terms that much cash entering nearly half a decade of ownership (took over in 2019). 

Dai Yongge, Reading’s rogue chairman has put in over £200m of his own money into Reading during his tenure. In fact, he put so much in, they broke financial fair play rules at one point. 

Yet, now the money has dried up, their fans are throwing tantrums because their natural base without sugar daddies is League 1 or 2. 

10 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
1 hour ago, valefan16 said:
We should be in for Cole Stockton? He's not deemed good enough for Burton to farm him out on loan who are below us?!

He's got an attitude problem. Another one who thinks he's better than he is.

Definitely, if its true we had a bid turned down for him when he was at Morecombe, i think we escaped an expensive  banana skin there.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

I agree Wilo & chislett are defo key players. 

Uche is a useful asset to have up top because defenders can't handle him .

The Uche perspective only goes so far. Middlesbrough's centre halves thought he was very handleable. 

14 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

The absolutely farcical striker market is in evidence again as Will Goodwin is subject to £400k bids from Oxford.

He's pretty decent and young, but it's £400k for 6 goals and a bit of potential, these days. Imagine what a 'proven goalscorer' as we often bang on about fetches.

They only signed him for £20K from stoke in January 2023 too - scored 6 in 28 games for them.....and that's what £400k gets you - obscene