onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

1 hour ago, ginginator said:

He is on loan same as Kofi so if he plays a few games then all is fine. he may even be better than Kofi? One in one out and yes Ben may be better, but that is up to AC to decide.

Up to Rhys now to show what he can do.

Does make me laugh when some moan when we dont and moan when we do 😉

We all like a good moan to be fair 

Advert

53 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

.Balmer wasn't that bad OK he made a few errors of course he did but so do majority of players make errors, Smiths being making them for years he remains forever , Legge Fitzpatrick Martin Balmer  Donnelly Benning you name it all being offloaded after being part of a defence Smiths included in just seems he is excluded all the time maybe it's time he was moved on in my opinion it IS TIME .

Out with the old in with the new I say .

We could have Debrah Williams and Lowe excellent back 3 that. 

Just need get Dan Jones playing with confidence then he can challenge the 3 at the back is ball usage is very useful with poor players it's of no use with the players we have now it could ne very useful in my opinion .

All about views let's hope Williams is the business he needs to be 

UTV 

I prefer Smudger to Lowe, Smudge struggles with passing but he puts his body on the line and is a no nonsense defender where as Lowe sometimes looks like he is running in treacle he is that slow ,in my opinion.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Walka003 said:

I'm not trying to compare Rhys and Ben. I'm just calling out the fact that everyone seems to be jumping through hoops for a player who's barely played a game just because he comes from Liverpool.

It would take a lot to be worse than Kofi mind, so just being able to play football and he's an upgrade.

You’re probably right and looking at his record everywhere would support this. For me I’m sure he played for Liverpool a few times when they were short of centre backs and did very well. I think talent wise he should be good enough for this level, his recent load sides would suggest this. I think it’s down to the lad himself and injuries (again) as to whether this one will work out for us. For me the only downside is like with Arblaster, Devine ect is that if he impresses he won’t be with us next season. He can’t be worse than Balmer like you say 

• Like 1

Ripley

Sang

Williams

Smith

Debrah

Grant

Ojo

Devine

Wilson

Chislett

Ikpeazu

Subs: Leutwiler, Iacovitti, Shorrock, Lowe, Weir, Massey, Loft

That's a really decent looking starting 11. Add another striker to the squad in this window if possible and we'll be alright.

Just realised I completely missed out Garrity too somehow. Taxi for me.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Like 1

Rhys Williams looks a great signing on paper, time will tell whether he's the real deal. Vale have needed more height at the back and at 6' 5" and if he attacks the ball he could be the answer.  Most likely had some pretty useful mentors at Anfield.

Priority this season is to stay in Lge 1, think about whether we can make him our player after we've achieved Lge 1 status.

4 hours ago, Walka003 said:

He barely played a match since 2020, how can you say any of that with any confidence? I'll need to see him play 10 games before making any judgement on whether it's a good signing.

If a player who's parent club was a championship team came in and he had the same recent track record of bad attitude/injuries and 24 apperences in 4 years everyone would be up in arms. Because he's from Liverpool people are assuming he's going to be brilliant.

He made 17 appearances for Blackpool in 2022/3. But I get your drift. To me the taller you get the more issues there can be to back / spine. 

I made a comment about Aberdeen being a long way away. I know it is because I go to Arbroath quite a lot which is 50 miles south. The point is that will not help in getting fitness / injury issues fixed, whereas Port Vale is only 70 mile from Liverpool. Hence this is a good move for him. Standard of football between the SPL and EFL L1 is about the same. 

I think Liverpool will be desperate to get him fit and playing regularly. They need a new central defender for next season and if he comes through at PV he is the man saving them £ millions. Matip is out for the season and at the end of his contract.  

Edited by Warren
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1