onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

15 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I also noticed that Harratt and Hudlin are no longer getting on the bench under Moore at Huddersfield, i still think that Harratt could do something at League One level given a run of games(not sure he would get that under AC though),also one who if on a permanent deal could make some money for the club

I remember people moaning their bags off on here and vale social media over the possibility of Hudlin(I genuinely don't know if we were interested or not, Flitcroft's interview indicated we'd been after some players who are playing in the championship so who knows?) but I wonder if people would have taken him having seen Loft now!!🤔

Advert

23 minutes ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

I remember people moaning their bags off on here and vale social media over the possibility of Hudlin(I genuinely don't know if we were interested or not, Flitcroft's interview indicated we'd been after some players who are playing in the championship so who knows?) but I wonder if people would have taken him having seen Loft now!!🤔

No, bugger him.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I would love to see us find a non league goal scoring Gem like Notts County did with Longstaff from Gateshead for 50k(what a bargain he turned out to be). I see that Peterborough(they can spot them) are chasing a South Liverpool striker name Glennon

I think a lot of it comes down to the attitude and personality of the player. Ricky Millar was certainly technically good enough to be a fine league player but he didn’t have a professional attitude which any fan could see a mile off. 

Those kind of guys never make it and we have a signed a few like that. 

• Like 1

I think a lot of it comes down to the attitude and personality of the player. Ricky Millar was certainly technically good enough to be a fine league player but he didn’t have a professional attitude which any fan could see a mile off. 

Those kind of guys never make it and we have a signed a few like that. 

We have a recruitment team who apparently have a war room full of information on players from all leagues working a window in advance and sometimes even two, the days of taking a punt should have been reduced.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

4 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Can we or should we recall Tommy McDermott.? Went on loan to Rochdale, didn’t get a game now on loan at Curzon Ashton and has played one game. He’s only been there since the beginning of November and they’re about 7th in the league, but if he’s not playing he’s not developing. Should we also look at trying to place him with a L2 or National League team.?

We placed him with a National league side and he didn't play and hardly made the subs bench.

He is now in a league below and still not playing, so how is he going to get into a L2 team. Something has stalled in his development, whether its form or attitude i don't know. When many more youngsters in the squad are now ahead of him then his future here looks bleak.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mbycars said:

We placed him with a National league side and he didn't play and hardly made the subs bench.

He is now in a league below and still not playing, so how is he going to get into a L2 team. Something has stalled in his development, whether its form or attitude i don't know. When many more youngsters in the squad are now ahead of him then his future here looks bleak.

We still have to bear in mind he’s only 18. Smith himself didn’t break into the team until 21/22. Plus not every youngster will make it

Edited by Powerline
  • Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 18:00, werstayinup said:

I also noticed that Harratt and Hudlin are no longer getting on the bench under Moore at Huddersfield, i still think that Harratt could do something at League One level given a run of games(not sure he would get that under AC though),also one who if on a permanent deal could make some money for the club

Harratt is out injured until the new year

22 hours ago, Vale Ball said:

We have a recruitment team who apparently have a war room full of information on players from all leagues working a window in advance and sometimes even two, the days of taking a punt should have been reduced.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

And I give you Ryan Loft.

Edited by The man in the pub
  • Haha 1

Walters won't get more game time then he will with us. 

He's still to young and raw to instantly improve a rival league one team.

Does he really want to sign for a championship team and sit in the reserves? 

Surely a deal with us makes sense.

On another note I had the opportunity to see a Bath City Vs Yeovil game the other week. Bath had this young winger 'Thomas' who was head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch. Skillful, speed and end product. Noticed he was in the VNS team of half season too. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in higher leagues soon.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Walters won't get more game time then he will with us. 

He's still to young and raw to instantly improve a rival league one team.

Does he really want to sign for a championship team and sit in the reserves? 

Surely a deal with us makes sense.

On another note I had the opportunity to see a Bath City Vs Yeovil game the other week. Bath had this young winger 'Thomas' who was head and shoulders above everyone on the pitch. Skillful, speed and end product. Noticed he was in the VNS team of half season too. Wouldn't be surprised to see him in higher leagues soon.

Do people like this appear on our scouting radar anymore, if its all stats related ? Were the days of Rudgie going to watch games like you did allied with a network of scouts produce more rough diamonds ?

2 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

And I give you Ryan Loft.

Both DC previously and recently Rudgie have said, regards recruitment, a club does well to get 70% of new signings right (am assuming that means quality over availability ie a player would be considered when available/not injured).  Of our signings at the moment Ryan Loft and Uche are arguably not in the 70% who else would we say was in the 30%, remembering some players are signed in the context as back-up/squad players not 100% first team started?

2 hours ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Both DC previously and recently Rudgie have said, regards recruitment, a club does well to get 70% of new signings right (am assuming that means quality over availability ie a player would be considered when available/not injured).  Of our signings at the moment Ryan Loft and Uche are arguably not in the 70% who else would we say was in the 30%, remembering some players are signed in the context as back-up/squad players not 100% first team started?

I suppose my gripe is that this is a guy we apparently actively chased and reputedly paid £70k for, not something the Vale do lightly these days. The Bristol fans couldnt believe we had taken him off their hands and were astonished that we paid money to do so. My judgement like theirs is only based on seeing the player in action , admittedly not for long as despite the fact he is a striker, who we recently paid money for Crosby prefers to play no striker( no offence to midfielder Garrity) than play Loft. 

Trust the process, Nah I would rather trust the Bristol fans who spent a decent amount of time actually watching Loft in action, or should that read inaction ?

On 10/12/2023 at 18:00, werstayinup said:

Harratt has just undergone surgery.

1 hour ago, The man in the pub said:

I suppose my gripe is that this is a guy we apparently actively chased and reputedly paid £70k for, not something the Vale do lightly these days. The Bristol fans couldnt believe we had taken him off their hands and were astonished that we paid money to do so. My judgement like theirs is only based on seeing the player in action , admittedly not for long as despite the fact he is a striker, who we recently paid money for Crosby prefers to play no striker( no offence to midfielder Garrity) than play Loft. 

Trust the process, Nah I would rather trust the Bristol fans who spent a decent amount of time actually watching Loft in action, or should that read inaction ?

Any idea what we are rumoured to have received for Harrison, who he ‘effectively’ replaced (in body if not performance)