onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Online ticketing

Jacko51

Advert

18 minutes ago, Rory said:
26 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:
This seems to be a prime example of if it ain’t broke don’t fix it??

When was it not broke?

We didn’t see these ridiculous queues in the shop and staff having no idea what they were doing last season. 

For reasons unknown, on Saturday anyone arriving after 2.45 to buy a match ticket was being redirected to the club shop counter to buy one from there. 

It took me around 20 minutes to get my season ticket and (I'll put it kindly) the first home game of the season didn't seem an ideal occasion to have staff on duty who were visibly unaware of what to do.    

As a consequence l had no time to mooch round the club shop.

I also overheard the radio communications between some stewards and it sounded like chaos at the Railway Stand turnstiles. 

We seem to do the big stuff easily and well but struggle to get to grips with the basics. 

For reasons unknown, on Saturday anyone arriving after 2.45 to buy a match ticket was being redirected to the club shop counter to buy one from there. 
It took me around 20 minutes to get my season ticket and (I'll put it kindly) the first home game of the season didn't seem an ideal occasion to have staff on duty who were visibly unaware of what to do.    
I also overheard the radio communications between some stewards and it sounded like chaos at the Railway Stand turnstiles. 
We seem to do the big stuff easily and well but struggle to get to grips with the basics. 
Had to go to club shop counter yesterday as well.

On 07/08/2023 at 21:54, corbanlovesvale said:

I never have any problems as I always pick mine up for away games.  ( but then again I'm only 10 mins from the ticket office ) 

I have had countless problems in the past and now if I can’t get through the first 2 or 3 times I go in the home end. Twice last season in the home end for games that didn’t sell out and 4 times the season before, twice Vale did not sell out including Swindon in the play offs. 

Haven’t tried this season as currently in Spain but I do hope our away tickets are easier to get hold of. Must point out, I have found it a lot easier to get through to other clubs when phoning through to buy tickets.

2 hours ago, philpvfc said:

I have had countless problems in the past and now if I can’t get through the first 2 or 3 times I go in the home end. Twice last season in the home end for games that didn’t sell out and 4 times the season before, twice Vale did not sell out including Swindon in the play offs. 

Haven’t tried this season as currently in Spain but I do hope our away tickets are easier to get hold of. Must point out, I have found it a lot easier to get through to other clubs when phoning through to buy tickets.

Last season I ordered on line from the Vale site and collected from the collection points at Wycombe, Cambridge and Ipswich.  I was never 100% confident the tickets would be there based on the experiences of others posted on here, but they always were.  Hopefully the trend continues for Charlton on Saturday. That being said l’ve still taken a photo on my phone, as I did last season too, of the order confirmation page just in case I show up but the ticket doesn’t.  

Out of interest does anyone know if away fans coming to the Vale get a physical ticket or an e-ticket/downloadable QR code like the ones we have for our season and cup match tickets?

19 hours ago, smithie said:

It was chaos on the turnstiles - they opened the gates checking tickets to let people in.

Can any 1876ers buy a Carlisle ticket with their discount?

I don't seem to be able to do this as things stand. As they promised me 4 of the King's British pounds off each of my match tickets I refuse to buy one at the moment.

Man of principle me.

Up the Vale. Balls to the ticket office.

9 hours ago, andy jones said:

Might explain the 8,900 attendance that was announced. I was estimating less than 7,000 to be announced so was surprised.

3000 Hamil, 1800 Lorne St 1200 Bycars. 1800 Paddock comes to 7800 and not even guessed the railway stand. I think the attendance was spot on.

Archived