onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Online ticketing

Jacko51

Advert

1 hour ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

You mean all the people that have thrown a hissy fit on social media? I agree, it was obvious everyone who wanted a ticket would get one

Oh yeah sorry. What I meant to say was ‘congratulations to the club for maintaining a ticketing website that is universally loved.. My captors are treating me well’

7 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

What is it?

Morning Jacko. I've noticed a change in your attitude towards ticketing this season. Almost as if prior to this season you didn't have to faff like the rest of us, but now do. 

Seems like the number of brown envelopes containing tickets for super fans has reduced?

I just hope the team put in the same effort at Blackpool as we did in getting tickets for it
I was under the impression that the loyalty period built into the ticketing system was an 18-month rolling one. The whole purpose of the loyalty system was to spread the purchase of in demand tickets over a longer period as well as a reward for loyalty. What went wrong? A policy decision or lack of familiarity with the computer system.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

7 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

Morning Jacko. I've noticed a change in your attitude towards ticketing this season. Almost as if prior to this season you didn't have to faff like the rest of us, but now do. 

Seems like the number of brown envelopes containing tickets for super fans has reduced?

You really do talk rubbish. I had no trouble using the online system last year but yesterday was crazy. 

13 hours ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

Can't believe the amount of people getting stressed out at a website when we wont even sell out for this game lol

Each to their own I guess...

You're not bothered that there's a lot of genuine, Vale fans affected by this issue and it's taking up their time, causing stress and inconvenience (which I would have thought a fellow Vale fan would have shown a bit of empathy about).

You're not bothered about fans who aren't in the area, can't travel to the ground to get tickets in person and rely on the website working properly for them. 

You're not bothered that a system that should work well, that should help generate money for the club (certainly for home fixtures) doesn't function potentially.

You're not worried about how this may affect the casual fans if ever we get a big cup game - the sort of game where we want to attract new fans and grow/replenish the fanbase. The sort of game where a poorly functioning website would put most of them off trying and be rubbish PR for the club.

You're not worried that it's been a bugbear for fans, not just this week, but for years and years.

Ok then...

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

I was under the impression that the loyalty period built into the ticketing system was an 18-month rolling one. The whole purpose of the loyalty system was to spread the purchase of in demand tickets over a longer period as well as a reward for loyalty. What went wrong? A policy decision or lack of familiarity with the computer system.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

They've now announced that loyalty points have been reset for this season. Would have been very nice to have been told about this.

They've said it's because someone who doesn't renew their season tickets retains their points but that doesn't make sense because people who do renew will have more points than those that don't. I've been an advocate of a loyalty scheme for years and many clubs run a successful system but for some reason, we've tried to reinvent the wheel with this and have made a right pig's ear of it.

Archived