onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Barnsley (A) match thread Sat Aug 5th

ollyandpatch

40 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

Team well I've decided this season to not put my team has it offends folk and to be honest life's too short for arguing on a football website with folk i do not know .

Mate - I dont think your team selections offend anyone, they just bring out plenty of giggles  😜😜😜😜

Especially when you employ your advanced maths and name a 13 man starting 11 😍😍😍😍

Only joking mucka - get yer team selection up on here sharpish - lots of us luv you BW - see you in the Hamil 😍😍😍

Advert

Going this one, wife has let me out as I am missing next weeks due to being away!

I don't really know what our best team is with all these new players and it seems to be a squad that's fairly balanced in quality.

I would probably go:

Ripley

Jones

Smith

Balmer

Clarke

Sang

Ojo

Grant

Garrity

Arblaster

Harrison

Toughest start we could ask for but they seem a bit unsettled so arguably the best time to play them.

Think we will get a hard earned 1-1 draw and would take that.

A gentle reminder for the coming season. There is a reasonable chance that all the new signings don't work out. That doesn't mean they are rubbish, it doesn't mean DF is pinching a living or the recruitment team are a waste of time. It's football.

Enjoy the season and here is to being comfortable by March.

1 minute ago, jasmart02 said:

A gentle reminder for the coming season. There is a reasonable chance that all the new signings don't work out. That doesn't mean they are rubbish, it doesn't mean DF is pinching a living or the recruitment team are a waste of time. It's football.

Enjoy the season and here is to being comfortable by March.

I don't like Hollands Pies though. 

I'm pretty excited about this game but it could all dissipate by 5pm tomorrow. We'll get a much better idea of how good we might be tomorrow as it's likely to be one of the tougher away games. If we come out of it without a bloody nose then there's some optimism there. Like others, I don't see where we have added much contribution to the goals for column but hopefully if we don't concede as many we might be able to nick more of the tight games.

3 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

So first match thread of the season .
Who's he going select .
Who would you select .
What formation will Crosby play .
1500 plus tickets sold which is fantastic which is a quarter of our home support .
Barnsley were a very good side last year but have had problems since play off defeat and have lost there most influential defender Anderson .
We have everything to gain and nothing lose .
I'd personally pick a attacking line up .
I've got a feeling Ojo will score a howitzer for us but we will switch off and concede a poor equaliser so I'll go 1-1 opening day draw .
Team well I've decided this season to not put my team has it offends folk and to be honest life's too short for arguing on a football website with folk i do not know .
So a new me this season.

Keep posting mate. Everyone loves your team selections and marks out of 10. 

Really tough opening game as I expect Barnsley to be challenging for the play-offs. They're a good footballing team. If we get our noses in front we can get something from the game but ultimately if they score early it could be a long afternoon. Think with a bit of luck we'll be good for a 1-1 draw but think we may get beat by one or two.

Can’t <ovf censored> wait to get back watching competitive football, just need to get the oatcakes in the morning for my pre match meal 😀

Should be a great atmosphere tomorrow with a really decent crowd. I’ve not seen any friendlies so I’m going to feel like RZ at the beginning of DC era! 

AC has come across as such really good bloke, I’m absolutely desperate for him to do well.

No idea the team other than Ripley,Smudge,Ojo,Harrison what a great spine to the team btw. Compare and contrast that to the opening day last season.

This squad is night and day to last season, if we can get another experienced striker and a winger then we could have a good season in the top half.

14 minutes ago, MBE said:

Can’t <ovf censored> wait to get back watching competitive football, just need to get the oatcakes in the morning for my pre match meal 😀

Should be a great atmosphere tomorrow with a really decent crowd. I’ve not seen any friendlies so I’m going to feel like RZ at the beginning of AC era! 

DC has come across as such really good bloke, I’m absolutely desperate for him to do well.

No idea the team other than Ripley,Smudge,Ojo,Harrison what a great spine to the team btw. Compare and contrast that to the opening day last season.

This squad is night and day to last season, if we can get another experienced striker and a winger then we could have a good season in the top half.

I think you have your wires crossed with your AC and DC... 😂

5 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

So first match thread of the season .
Who's he going select .
Who would you select .
What formation will Crosby play .
1500 plus tickets sold which is fantastic which is a quarter of our home support .
Barnsley were a very good side last year but have had problems since play off defeat and have lost there most influential defender Anderson .
We have everything to gain and nothing lose .
I'd personally pick a attacking line up .
I've got a feeling Ojo will score a howitzer for us but we will switch off and concede a poor equaliser so I'll go 1-1 opening day draw .
So a new me this season.

Mate please  keep posting your opinions, team selections, ratings and criticism of Smith.  Honestly you are one of my favourite posters with your passionate posts and this forum is better for it. Really doesn’t matter if posters agree or disagree with you. 

I fancy us for a draw tomorrow as well.

Archived