onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Football forum

Walka003

Advert

3 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Unless they had mates at Southampton or Charlton or who played for Northern Ireland? 

Clutching at straws there mate. I know you'll disagree but Clarke far better known and would hold more sway than Crosby.

I'm totally behind him but players will come to Vale for money and security not because Crosby has attracted them. He's no track record yet. 

On the idea of the training ground.FC United was mentiond about Warroll for the reason that Barrow now share FC Uniteds training ground. They mention that we don't have an official one however could we not come up with an idea like this. I am sure we used to have a deal with ST Georges Park in Burton.

16 hours ago, Emile said:

I will watch the full video on YouTube but so far having read both threads I haven't changed my opinion

- we made the wrong decision to sack the manager

- DF doesn't have a clue what he's doing

- the new manager is the cheap option. I hope we've lucked out

- without sensible heads like CG we are going in the wrong direction and will get relegated next season

Hope I'm wrong I really do

all about opinions

On the idea of the training ground.FC United was mentiond about Warroll for the reason that Barrow now share FC Uniteds training ground. They mention that we don't have an official one however could we not come up with an idea like this. I am sure we used to have a deal with ST Georges Park in Burton.

whatsapp-image-2023-05-15-at-17.43.25.jpeg WWW.BARROWAFC.COM
I really don't get the problem with the training pitches being adjacent to the ground.

I'm sure in the time Askey was here reading interviews about how it was great having them at the ground as the players are familiar with the facilities etc.

The pitches look great and loads better than the actual pitch despite being trained on all week. There are facilities onsite like a gym and changing rooms. It increases the bond between the players and general staff. What do we gain by having them elsewhere?

If we get a training ground elsewhere surely its just an additional and unnecessary expense.

The only downside I can see to where we currently are is that any tom dick or harry can wander by and watch.

There is also nothing to stop them going somewhere like st georges every now and then for a week and it feeling a bit special.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

Clutching at straws there mate. I know you'll disagree but Clarke far better known and would hold more sway than Crosby.

I'm totally behind him but players will come to Vale for money and security not because Crosby has attracted them. He's no track record yet. 

I think Clarke being far better known was part of the problem...

I already have my own views about last night but that's just through following twitter feeds.

Like others have stated on here, I will wait until I have seen the video from last season & hopefully the views that I have formed will change.

From just following the feed on twitter and anybody who was the forum last night, it does not sound like we are actually close to signing anyone

3 hours ago, SFBT said:

Strikes me as a really difficult balance.

Do you seek the best and lose out?

Do you go for the average and maybe get some success?

Do you go for the guaranteed, lower end?

As with most things, I guess it's a range of tactics according to the circumstances.

Soooo competitive.

No surprise folk get worked up.

Recruitment is a large determinant of the season ahead...

And, we are still steadying the ship after the dark years.

Well put … It’s so so tough… and there are so many variables.

Case in point, look back at last years transfer thread, and the player that people were most unanimously happy we signed was Gavin Massey.

Even the most negative of posters in here were saying he is the profile we should be going after and we’re pleased we signed him.

Shows it’s not easy!

3 hours ago, MBE said:

Change the wording to Stakeholder.

The club can only become more competitive with increased income from Shareholders and Stakeholders.

Its up to us Stakeholders now to buy ST's,shirts etc. bringing friends and family to matches to increase income and grow. 

Correct... stakeholder not shareholder

30 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I already have my own views about last night but that's just through following twitter feeds.

Like others have stated on here, I will wait until I have seen the video from last season & hopefully the views that I have formed will change.

From just following the feed on twitter and anybody who was the forum last night, it does not sound like we are actually close to signing anyone

He didn't give anything away on that front but I got the impression no however I could be wrong.

Flickers said we are concentrating on trying to sign our top targets at present. I interpreted that we have a lot of feelers out at present but nothing concrete. At GK for example he said we have been speaking to 3 options who are tier 1 targets. He also went on to say players are really not interested in May because they just want to switch off and go away on holiday. 

On a different note to do with the budget, which has not been reported, Carol announced the family had been meeting to discuss funding for the club this season and described it as 'positive'. No idea how much that means and how it will impact the playing budget but it can only be positive😀

4 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Regardless of people's opinions on here, football is a village and it was probably difficult to find players who were both willing to play for Darrell and wanted by him. 

When anyone quotes your backing of Askey and/or V2001 and Bratt you always say stop bringing up the past,yet you cant help with all the little digs at DC,he has left like you wanted so for goodness sake please let it go now

Archived