onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

shambles of a season

Advert

Championship Ready is an Infrastructure Plan. Plymouth have one, a 5 year plan, and they are there in 4 years, but not all their training facilities are. Their main stand has been improved to increase income. Where will we be in 4 years' time?

14 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Championship Ready is an Infrastructure Plan. Plymouth have one, a 5 year plan, and they are there in 4 years, but not all their training facilities are. Their main stand has been improved to increase income. Where will we be in 4 years' time?

Championship 'Ready' doesn't mean being in the Championship, either.

Derby are 'Championship ready' right now, but they aren't going up, there is no guarantee they will go up next season either.

This can be levelled at many other league 1 clubs as well

43 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

It doesn't sit right with people because nobody knows the full story.

What club in their right mind would sack a manager with that 24 month record on his CV... especially a manager who had been handed a 5 year deal the previous season... a manager we were meant to be building the club around. A manager who Flitcroft stated we had to do everything we possibly could to make sure he wanted to stay at Port Vale, when he was interviewed as a part of the Sky coverage before the Peterborough game re Pompey rumours.

Anybody who believes DC was then sacked, 3 months later, based on the rhetoric from the club re our form since January is deluded.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that something serious had happened; something serious enough to warrant sacking a manager who was loved by the fans, loved by Carol, was revered by Flitcroft, was 1 year in to a 5 year contract & had delivered promotion & virtual safety this season.

My personal view is that the club made the difficult decision (in the best interests of Port Vale) & decided to stick to a rhetoric that protected DC as far as possible due to the close bond & respect they have with him. They were willing to sit & take the flack off the fans & the media by taking the moral high ground & keeping shtum re what had been going on behind closed doors, to protect DC. I believe that he was sacked as an absolute last resort based on a number of incidents/behaviours. There is no other logical reason for it. The 2 x wins in 18 was just a very convenient excuse which the club ran with to protect DC.

Do people not find it strange that non of the players, staff, even Crosby himself have come out & mentioned the great job DC had done, or the great job he was doing, or the respect they have for him etc etc...

He's barely been mentioned since he got sacked & I'm lead to believe NDAs have been signed at the club by virtually every member of staff working from Vale Park, even non football related staff.

It will never come out in the press & there will never be an official statement, but this idea that we tinned DC off without good reason has to stop.

Spot on 

59 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

It doesn't sit right with people because nobody knows the full story.

What club in their right mind would sack a manager with that 24 month record on his CV... especially a manager who had been handed a 5 year deal the previous season... a manager we were meant to be building the club around. A manager who Flitcroft stated we had to do everything we possibly could to make sure he wanted to stay at Port Vale, when he was interviewed as a part of the Sky coverage before the Peterborough game re Pompey rumours.

Anybody who believes DC was then sacked, 3 months later, based on the rhetoric from the club re our form since January is deluded.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that something serious had happened; something serious enough to warrant sacking a manager who was loved by the fans, loved by Carol, was revered by Flitcroft, was 1 year in to a 5 year contract & had delivered promotion & virtual safety this season.

My personal view is that the club made the difficult decision (in the best interests of Port Vale) & decided to stick to a rhetoric that protected DC as far as possible due to the close bond & respect they have with him. They were willing to sit & take the flack off the fans & the media by taking the moral high ground & keeping shtum re what had been going on behind closed doors, to protect DC. I believe that he was sacked as an absolute last resort based on a number of incidents/behaviours. There is no other logical reason for it. The 2 x wins in 18 was just a very convenient excuse which the club ran with to protect DC.

Do people not find it strange that non of the players, staff, even Crosby himself have come out & mentioned the great job DC had done, or the great job he was doing, or the respect they have for him etc etc...

He's barely been mentioned since he got sacked & I'm lead to believe NDAs have been signed at the club by virtually every member of staff working from Vale Park, even non football related staff.

It will never come out in the press & there will never be an official statement, but this idea that we tinned DC off without good reason has to stop.

Excellent post.....

UTV

Why was today a credit to the club ?
Because Caz said a few nice words about Plymouth whilst shaking her Pom poms ? 

Because we just had a home game with a near capacity crowd , 12k in the ground, 95%of who had a positive experience even in defeat

Young players coming through the system and another season in league 1

Away fans and staff crediting our set up and hospitality

Not perfect but In 40 years of being a vale fan proud times, probably since a couple of seasons under Brian Horton era.

What more do you expect / want with our resources / wage budget / catchment area for fans - current financial situation of fans and the city ?

Am I missing something

16 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Just listened to AC interview. He talks really well and i really like him, sounds like job is his. Suggests to me it’s going to be a tight budget again and a long season. 

I don't think he does talk really well.

He is one of the worst examples up-speaking i've heard.

All of his sentences end with him going up an octave like he's watched one to many episodes of neighbours.

I can't stand listening to him

No matter how bad the second half of the season has been, we’ve survived in L1 and get the chance to go again next year.

Compare that to the teams we beat in the L2 playoffs last season.

Swindon - no where near playoffs this season and went through 2 managers. 

Mansfield - missed out on playoffs by a single goal.

I know where I’d rather be.

4 hours ago, Dr Delgado said:

Nobody could have said for certain that 46 points would have been enough to keep us in the league this season and I for one could not see where the next win was coming from under Clarke. I think it is right to judge the club on where we all think we should be and at Christmas, a top half finish was more than within our grasp, in view of our position in the league. I think the interim measure of putting Crosby in charge was the only option a month ago but personally I don't think he is the right person for the job.

Spot on

20 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

One thing that is a shambles is the food and drink situation in the railway stand 

Pouring every can into a plastic glass taking forever while the queues are getting bigger someone needs to get the message across to the other side 

for a club that wants to be championship ready its worse than non league in the railway stand. you have to queue at 3:15 to get served for the second half its an absolute joke amd has been for years. 1 tiny kiosk serving 2500 fans . all it takes is to temporarily put a burger van inside the gates by the turnstiles its not exactly rocket science.

Archived