onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

shambles of a season

3 hours ago, markh said:

Why don’t the club outsource the catering? Guaranteed income and let someone else who is an “expert” in that run it. I think outsourcing is the way forward for non football related activities. Concentrate on what you’re good at. 

I may be wrong here but don’t the owners have some involvement in a catering company?  Either way we’re maybe contractually tied into someone at present, as is/was the case with the drink, Marstons?  This was given as the reason for not having Titanic beers, or similar, for sale.  Although they do sell Titanic in cans in the Fanzone.

Advert

3 hours ago, trentvale said:

football is all about expectations. 

And what have casual fans had to expect during 2023?

Have to disagree with some you, I think the season's been <ovf censored> and the writing was on the wall back in August. TBH, even the first half was no great shakes for me, not particularly entertaining and seemed to be living on our wits and luck rather than a professionally built squad. Then again, I don't jerk myself silly at the thought of beating Shrewsbury.

2 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

I may be wrong here but don’t the owners have some involvement in a catering company?  Either way we’re maybe contractually tied into someone at present, as is/was the case with the drink, Marstons?  This was given as the reason for not having Titanic beers, or similar, for sale.  Although they do sell Titanic in cans in the Fanzone.

you could sink some of them ray!😁

At the moment Sky Bet have us 9/1 for Promotion Next Season.
There are already 9 teams at Longer Odds.
Do they know Something we don’t ?

UTV

Those odds will lengthen quickly if Benning re-signs and Conlon stays

1 minute ago, philmpv said:
9 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

UTV

1 minute ago, philmpv said:
9 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

UTV

Very True !

As a whole not a shambles, but in parts definitely.  
We finished 11 places higher in the pyramid this year than last (I realise we could have finished 8 places higher and still been relegated) having finished 8 places higher then than the year before. You can’t argue that’s not progress since the new model was implemented.  As many have said it wasn’t comfortable getting here (can’t remember ever feeling as anxious as I did at Charlton when all the results were going against us) but now we are here I hope we take full advantage and use it as a platform for another half dozen or so steps up the pyramid next season.

UTV

36 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

UTV

Saw that myself.  Above Lincoln,Shrewsbury and Fleetwood. 

We obviously don't know the full line up yet until play offs over. But at the moment before signings etc I'd of expected bottom 4.

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

Saw that myself.  Above Lincoln,Shrewsbury and Fleetwood. 

We obviously don't know the full line up yet until play offs over. But at the moment before signings etc I'd of expected bottom 4.

Yeh I would have as well 

I would settle for having a choice of 3 First Team Players from each of Lincoln, Shrewsbury and Fleetwood.

10 hours ago, philpvfc said:

It was never stated where we would be championship ready so read it as you may...

Yes it was - Carol went to great lengths to make it clear she was referring to the infrastructure of the club. And listed the kind of improvements that have been made, are ongoing or will happen.

4 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

The club were talking about not being tied to another brewery/supplier for this season, their contract was due to end at the end of last season but due to the terms of having to sell X number of units and it not being reached due to covid they had to extend it for another season.  I'm hoping that they are able to ditch the current supplier but with everything else that going on I'm not sure that they will.

15 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Yes it was - Carol went to great lengths to make it clear she was referring to the infrastructure of the club. And listed the kind of improvements that have been made, are ongoing or will happen.

Totally agree, people just can't be bothered to read beyond the headlines. It's not possible to have championship ready squad whilst you're in league 1 anyway and carol knows that. I dare say plymouth will need to invest heavily over the summer in order to compete.

1 hour ago, Stockleys_socks said:

Totally agree, people just can't be bothered to read beyond the headlines. It's not possible to have championship ready squad whilst you're in league 1 anyway and carol knows that. I dare say plymouth will need to invest heavily over the summer in order to compete.

Correct - a Championship squad gets paid at that level - which we couldn't afford to do in League 1!

Archived