onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Plymouth Argyle

Fosse69

I'm not going as far as saying it's disingenuous but come on. They've just gone up as Champions they are bound to be benevolent/ patronising. 
We were full of handshakes and plaudits at Exeter last May. 
Had this game been in November we wouldn't of seen a single post in gratitude towards Vale from Plymouth fans. 
This break can't come quick enough for you, take a break, recharge your batteries come back refreshed and maybe you will regain some positivity

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

Advert

1 minute ago, Vale Ball said:

Why if you are so down about everything Vale

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

I'm not. I suggest you read my posts. I'd like to think I'm quite balanced. 

I'm deeply disturbed why we've hung Clarke out to dry. The best manager in a decade . Yet now appear close to appointing his sidekick who was by his side throughout. 

I don't like what's gone on recently. Speed, Brown, Garlicky and Clarke. 

Doesn't mean I don't think Carol is a fantastic owner. I just don't like what I'm seeing and the lack of transparency. 

31 minutes ago, JSValiant said:

May I say it is nice to see so many positive comments about the Vale today on the Plymouth Fans Forum. 
Well done Vale and our supporters who have been a credit, in the main, this Season.

Let’s hope for a better season and more enjoyable times next time around.

UTV

Totally agree. Far better to see the positive comments from Plymouth, than the crap that Swindon were hurling at us last year. Great to see both sets of fans behaving themselves and showing  respect to one another. Just because that happened, it doesn't need to be commented on as some kind of sickly backslapping. Glad to be part of today, despite the poor season at home, in general. Looking forward to hopefully better stuff next season. UTV 

43 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I'm not going as far as saying it's disingenuous but come on. They've just gone up as Champions they are bound to be benevolent/ patronising. 

We were full of handshakes and plaudits at Exeter last May. 

Had this game been in November we wouldn't of seen a single post in gratitude towards Vale from Plymouth fans. 

The end of the season is different to one of many games during the season. At least both sets of fans respected the National Anthem unlike Liverpool who disgraced a city. 

5 minutes ago, Warren said:

The end of the season is different to one of many games during the season. At least both sets of fans respected the National Anthem unlike Liverpool who disgraced a city. 

Liverpool are basically twinned with Celtic. 

I expected nothing less from the Kop vermin. 

Another disappointing performance from THE VALE, great opening and first class finish from JAMES PLANT who is so much potential, if coached in the right way and a positive asset to Vale. But after the initial opening twenty minutes PLYMOUTH ARGYLE proved why they are the best team in League One this season. 

I have followed the fortunes of Vale for over thirty years and I must be a jinx as I have not seen them win since last seasons play offs v Swindon, but as a referee I normally only see about 6 or 7 matches due to refereeing commitments. I just disappointments me that their appears to be so little belief and commitment from many of the players.

Carol needs to appoint a new manager ASAP and there should be a mass cull of players. OK Massey is under contract but he is a total embarrment.

If a new manager is appointed quickly and recruitment is positive, Vale can comfortably hold their own next season.

I have also followed the fortunes of PLYMOUTH ARGYLE for many years but rarely see them more than once or twice a season. I watched them at SHREWSBURY last month and that night they literally grinded out a victory against an injury ravaged SHREWSBURY side who showed total commitment. I have some h admiration for the dedication "THE GREEN ARMY", have for their team on the outer limbs of the West Country where apart from this season where they have had "THE DERBY V EXETER CITY", every away match is at least one hundred miles away. I chatted to quite a few ARGYLE fans prematch and many had left Devon and Cornwall at 0300- 0400 hours this morning. Pure dedication, hope they survive in " THE CHAMPIONSHIP" and beat our neighbours STOKE CITY.

Steve Schumacher ARGYLE manager has also signed quite a few loan players including Finn Azaz on loan from ASTON VILLA, Ball Mumba from NORWICH CITY voted League One Young Player of the season, Sam Cosgrove from BIRM8NGHAM CITY and Jay Matete from SUNDERLAND. My point being with the right recruitment policy Vale can also bring through young talent from Under 21 squad's in The Championship and Premier League. Even ARGYLE keeper Callum Burton who has been a professional for ten years as never made more than a handful of appearances at any previous club. Was number two at ARGYLE for two seasons then regular number one Mike Cooper got a serious knee injury away to SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY on came Callum Burton eighteen matches ago and he kept the momentum going. Callum Burton also was born and bred in my town NEWPORT, SHROPSHIRE. There is talent out there.

1 hour ago, Vale 1971 said:

In the end I just wanted to congratulate those superb followers /supporters of Plymouth some have been on the road since 3a.m well done to them that's who I was applauding as left the ground there fans and ours for the reaction towards them at end of game .
Didn't stick around for lap of appreciation as son wanted go shopping at Lidl near dimensions
Another dark day for the football club we just do not seem have players who want to win .
It's all too pretty and really yet again the opposition have scored with virtually every attempt on target .
The whole point of being a defender is too do the basics.
Block ,head and fight I see nothing in our defence what does that grappling with players isn't showing fight before someone's pipes up with Smith I'd prefer him be blocking shots and leading like a man at the back .
Back to the game quite enjoyed some aspects of our play .
Pett and Proctor and Worrall gone we thank them all always be welcome back at the Vale bless you lads .
Case made for any others be given a contract .
Debatable we move on .
Always gets me theres always a lot more volume at end of a game and before wheres that during the game after the goal went in went quiet that needs to change if too move forwards mind you would help if players maintained performance levels there either not fit enough or good enough.
I'd say a mixture of both .
We says thanks and move majority ON including AC who has worked with
DC through all these games where players have not shown anywhere near enough to be part of PVFC moving forwards.
So for that there's the door if it's good enough for DC be put through it its good enough for you too AC

Sent from my SM-A202F using onevalefan mobile app

A dark day for the football club would have been us getting relegated, not losing against the champions. We live to fight another day. 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

I've just spent 700 quid on renewing two season tickets mate.

It is a strange thing being a Vale fan.  Even last season, there were plenty of times were it felt like hard work.  Over the last 2 decades it has largely been a struggle.  At least for some of us we have the fond memories of the 90's to look back on.  I can't imagine what it must be like for younger fans.

Being an exile I deeply miss being at Vale Park, but I sit in my basement watching every game on Ifollow from 3,500 miles away. 

I hope that I can get back a couple of times next season, when hopefully we can put a stronger team on a better pitch.

Archived