onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Plymouth Argyle

Fosse69

Advert

1 minute ago, valefan16 said:

Crosby was still stuck with that defence which has cost us due to injuries, if DJ was fit we probably are not in this position but we’ve conceded 3 goals a game most games in the past couple of months and had to rely on Donnelly (not quite up to it yet) Forrester (first full season) and had no proper full backs only wing backs so couldn’t change the system unless like today you go with square pegs in round holes.

No other manager in the league sorts us out with that defence available in 4 games!

Dan Jones ( sorry to upset everyone) is as bang average as can be. His stock has risen dramatically due to our inadequate windows and his injury. 

Yes he's improved massively but I'm sorry if we are pinning our hopes on him then we are in the s**t. He's okay at best.

We let our best defender go and replaced him with a raw rookie who struggled to either find a white shirt or actually keep the ball on the pitch. 

Yes AC only had these tools but we weren't even hard to beat. 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

No I wasn't.  But I'd love to know what Crosby has actually changed? 

Seeing as I spent about 200 quid following them to Charlton I expect better than simply keeping the score down. 

What did you expect a whole new back 3 , 2 new midfielders and a couple fresh strikers, at this stage if the season. Not defending  him but come on he hadn't got many options other than that man called motivation had he.

1 minute ago, Port Vale Paul said:

What did you expect a whole new back 3 , 2 new midfielders and a couple fresh strikers, at this stage if the season. Not defending  him but come on he hadn't got many options other than that man called motivation had he.

Nope but he's implicit in the previous 20 games as coach. 

21 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Dan Jones ( sorry to upset everyone) is as bang average as can be. His stock has risen dramatically due to our inadequate windows and his injury. 

Yes he's improved massively but I'm sorry if we are pinning our hopes on him then we are in the s**t. He's okay at best.

We let our best defender go and replaced him with a raw rookie who struggled to either find a white shirt or actually keep the ball on the pitch. 

Yes AC only had these tools but we weren't even hard to beat. 

Ipswich found us hard to beat. 

Just now, Jacko51 said:

Not clutching at straws, just pointing out your error!

Factually correct you are yes.

I'm afraid other than that absolute blip we have been anything other than ' hard to beat ' .

Appoint Crosby and I'll get my map out to Harrogate again. 

I’m not bothered if we appoint Crosby or not. He’s a good guy but if there is better out there whom we could afford fine. I want whoever is appointed to sort out the recruitment because as far as I’m concerned, Flitcroft has made a pigs ear of it this season. 

26 minutes ago, Vale 1971 said:

In the end I just wanted to congratulate those superb followers /supporters of Plymouth some have been on the road since 3a.m well done to them that's who I was applauding as left the ground there fans and ours for the reaction towards them at end of game .
Didn't stick around for lap of appreciation as son wanted go shopping at Lidl near dimensions
Another dark day for the football club we just do not seem have players who want to win .
It's all too pretty and really yet again the opposition have scored with virtually every attempt on target .
The whole point of being a defender is too do the basics.
Block ,head and fight I see nothing in our defence what does that grappling with players isn't showing fight before someone's pipes up with Smith I'd prefer him be blocking shots and leading like a man at the back .
Back to the game quite enjoyed some aspects of our play .
Pett and Proctor and Worrall gone we thank them all always be welcome back at the Vale bless you lads .
Case made for any others be given a contract .
Debatable we move on .
Always gets me theres always a lot more volume at end of a game and before wheres that during the game after the goal went in went quiet that needs to change if too move forwards mind you would help if players maintained performance levels there either not fit enough or good enough.
I'd say a mixture of both .
We says thanks and move majority ON including AC who has worked with
DC through all these games where players have not shown anywhere near enough to be part of PVFC moving forwards.
So for that there's the door if it's good enough for DC be put through it its good enough for you too AC

Sent from my SM-A202F using onevalefan mobile app

11 shots, 4 on target, 3 goals. But De Gea just made a Stevens level mistake!

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

I agree with your post but I'll add some caveats.

1. Charlton lost to ( now ) relegated Morecambe at home the previous week.

2. Charlton had absolutely nothing to play for so in effect were perfect opposition. Whereas we were fighting for our survival. 

We may well have been fighting for our lives but, based on previous performances and 85 mins of that performance, we were s*$t. That needed to be taken into account too.

To qualify, when I say S*$t I mean that we had a soft underbelly, and were always likely to make costly individual errors when put under pressure.  That, and poor keeping, is why we concede so many goals from so few shots. 

May I say it is nice to see so many positive comments about the Vale today on the Plymouth Fans Forum. 
Well done Vale and our supporters who have been a credit, in the main, this Season.

Let’s hope for a better season and more enjoyable times next time around.

UTV

1 minute ago, JSValiant said:

May I say it is nice to see so many positive comments about the Vale today on the Plymouth Fans Forum. 
Well done Vale and our supporters who have been a credit, in the main, this Season.

Let’s hope for a better season and more enjoyable times next time around.

UTV

I'm not going as far as saying it's disingenuous but come on. They've just gone up as Champions they are bound to be benevolent/ patronising. 

We were full of handshakes and plaudits at Exeter last May. 

Had this game been in November we wouldn't of seen a single post in gratitude towards Vale from Plymouth fans. 

Archived