onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Plymouth Argyle

Fosse69

5 minutes ago, Conrad said:

If there was 3926 Argyle fans there, no way does that stand hold 4500, it was rammed apart from half the last section nearest the Railway and all the aisles were full of people standing.

A few gaps on the screen. However it has been proven that stand can hold that many. Leeds United brought that when they were in league 1. That last block and a couple of rows in front visible accounts for the 500. 

Advert

39 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

Plymouth should be an inspiration, look at where they were 10 years ago, they are a Vale sized club as well

No they are not.

They averaged 15,579 at home this season.  Vale's is 7,681

They are a much bigger sized club than us

6 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

A few gaps on the screen. However it has been proven that stand can hold that many. Leeds United brought that when they were in league 1. That last block and a couple of rows in front visible accounts for the 500. 

That last block was half full though, I thought from the back of the Bycars the 2 front rows were all occupied.

i think there were more Argyle fans there.

1 minute ago, Brian Johnson said:

No they are not.

They averaged 15,579 at home this season.  Vale's is 7,681

They are a much bigger sized club than us

Well done, they averaged more than us in a promotion season.

That's why I said look where they were 10 YEARS AGO, when they averaged 7,096 fans, which is less than 7,681 FYI

1 minute ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

Well done, they averaged more than us in a promotion season.

That's why I said look where they were 10 YEARS AGO, when they averaged 7,096 fans, which is less than 7,681 FYI

But we never ever get near the average they get.

Even under the glory days of Rudgie in the old Championship, we were no where near averaging 10,000 never mind looking at getting near the 15,000 mark

49 minutes ago, Warren said:

It could have been a very different game. He gave them a gold plated chance early on in liaison with the defence and one other. I want a Brown level keeper brought in, but Stone is actually better than all the other keepers we have signed in the last 2 years including the Kung Fu kid, the Lamppost and worst of all Holy Stevens. 

Oi you one of those is the love of my life 💜

19 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Thank you

Port Vale 1 v 2 Newport

Port Vale 1 v 3 Bristol Rovers

Port Vale 1 v 3 Plymouth 

AC in charge of all 3 games

BJ, are you planning on going full Rampant Zebra on us if AC gets the job??? 🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, Hoppers said:

BJ, are you planning on going full Rampant Zebra on us if AC gets the job??? 🤣🤣🤣

Not at all. 

Just think it's the totally wrong appointment.

Why would you want someone thats lost 6 out of his last 7 games in charge and been part of the pap that's been put out since January. Its bizarre

1 minute ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Crosby said we didn’t want it become a easy ride for there title win(in so many words) 

Thats exactly what it was 

They never got out of first gear so easy for them 

I don't think it was that easy for them, their fans seem to think we are really good team and are unsure why we are 19th!

1 minute ago, Brian Johnson said:

Not at all. 

Just think it's the totally wrong appointment.

Why would you want someone thats lost 6 out of his last 7 games in charge and been part of the pap that's been put out since January. Its bizarre

I agree with your points re statistics, but by the same measure then do you think DC should have kept his job?

Obviously our finances are being strained at present, so personally I would rather spend what we have on players and have a manager who is willing to work within our framework, which AC seems to indicate he understands.

2 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

I don't think it was that easy for them, their fans seem to think we are really good team and are unsure why we are 19th!

thats cuz theyve only had to watch us twice this season 🙈🙈🙈🙈🙈

Archived