onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Port Vale

Fosse69

2 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

Still not safe be interesting see how tomorrow pans out as anything is possible .
Notice a lot of teams playing teams with nothing play for .
Biggest game I'll be keeping a eye on on Accrington v Cambridge if draw both go down I reckon.
Barnsley already virtually in play offs go to Mkdons do they keep at it or rest players and lose .
No idea who Oxford got but I believe they have Accrington last game.
If Cambridge win tomoz they have relegated FGR so maybe there minus 9 difference can be cut to four or even less than that going into last game against yet another team who have nowt play for .
We have someone who be playing for Title Plymouth so tomorrow is important that we make sure even if we do not win we do not lose .
Players out I believe no idea who's available to play tomorrow as been away to seahouses this week after getting married.
UTV lets have 3 points tomoz and be done with this season .
Funny team Charlton beat Shrewsbury 6-0 then lose to Morecambe 3-2 we mustn't take them lightly .
There's still work to be done we have achieved nothing yet I don't want us rely on others do it for the away followers.
UTV

The last 2 games inform where we are likely at for next season. If we give a good account of ourselves say picking up 2-4 points it is an indicator that the squad plus / minus could achieve what we probably want next season which I take to be safe in mid table. If we crash and burn the last 2 games, the interpretation might be we somehow got our act together to play well v Ipswich and beat Bristol, but the form of the second half of the season is where we are really at unless change is made by way of a bigger squad turnover. Hope Morecambe stay up.

Advert

22 hours ago, Warren said:

The last 2 games inform where we are likely at for next season. If we give a good account of ourselves say picking up 2-4 points it is an indicator that the squad plus / minus could achieve what we probably want next season which I take to be safe in mid table. If we crash and burn the last 2 games, the interpretation might be we somehow got our act together to play well v Ipswich and beat Bristol, but the form of the second half of the season is where we are really at unless change is made by way of a bigger squad turnover. Hope Morecambe stay up.

The last 2 games will matter in terms of the mood of the fan base and therefore season ticket sales. 

21 hours ago, sinnott2spinnit said:

Anthony Grant wasn’t with the Vale in 2018. I do remember him “spouting off” with Vale fans in AFC Wimbledon’s away end in December 2016. We lost 4 nil that day, and went on to be relegated.

Never spout off with fans. Never have a tantrum in public. Never stop trying. If you follow this advice you will be remembered neutrally or positively. Anything else risks fans having a bad memory. That said I can't readily recall most of the players who've played for Port Vale without some research. I can only just recall Grant.

Proctor has presence and strength. Deserves an opportunity. May fit well with Butterfield. He's waited patiently for an opportunity to start. 

Can't learn much about next season except he would not start if he wasn't fit. Hence that indicates he is a viable player next season.

Proctor was underplayed since he got fit. Spent most of his career in league 1 and the Championship.  Deserves some credit playing with an injury at the start of the season. As with Wilson the question is do you take a gamble on his fitness. 

Just looked at the table and noticed that Charlton have scored more goals at home (41) than any team apart from Plymouth, Ipswich, Wednesday and Barnsley - but they have the eighth worst home defence. So we will definitely have our work cut out with this one, let's hope they are already on the beach.

C'mon Vale, give those 800 travelling fans summat to shout about!

1 minute ago, CambridgeDon said:

Just looked at the table and noticed that Charlton have scored more goals at home (41) than any team apart from Plymouth, Ipswich, Wednesday and Barnsley - but they have the eighth worst home defence. So we will definitely have our work cut out with this one, let's hope they are already on the beach.

C'mon Vale, give those 800 travelling fans summat to shout about!

Ball into Proctor, nods it down and Butterfield volleys it in the top corner. 1-0 to PV. Simples. 

Archived