onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Championship Ready.

Well that was a disastrous game yesterday for the club. What with Garlickgate and something going on behind the scenes its quite clear the team were a mix of simply not good enough and "downed tools" have we run out of money already? Darrell wants 10k fans in the ground on a regular basis but the product is not on the pitch and tbh hasnt been for 20+ years barring 2 lucky promotion seasons. If we get nothing against accy ill be VERY concerned and itll be squeaky bum time.

After yesterdays showing theres probably only about 2-3 players id keep in the summer. thats a damning indictment of where we are as a club.

If We sign desperate Late signings in the summer plus a couple of young loans from forest again we are going DOWN.

Advert

6 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

Well that was a disastrous game yesterday for the club. What with Garlickgate and something going on behind the scenes its quite clear the team were a mix of simply not good enough and "downed tools" have we run out of money already? Darrell wants 10k fans in the ground on a regular basis but the product is not on the pitch and tbh hasnt been for 20+ years barring 2 lucky promotion seasons. If we get nothing against accy ill be VERY concerned and itll be squeaky bum time.

After yesterdays showing theres probably only about 2-3 players id keep in the summer. thats a damning indictment of where we are as a club.

If We sign desperate Late signings in the summer plus a couple of young loans from forest again we are going DOWN.

You don't get promoted after 46 + games, luckily. You deserve it.

Carol saying "Championship ready" and Clarke saying "usually teams that get promoted to the Championship get 10k fans" was naive on their parts. This is mainly because we have a large number of fans who can't grasp the context of how things are meant. 

People keep attributing that about 10k fans to DC but it was actually Carol who stated that first at the last fans forum, he’s just repeating what his boss said. I’m not sure what’s so controversial about that anyway, just look at the teams in the top six, most of them are around or above that.

40 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

"Two lucky promotions". Only at PVFC.

39 minutes ago, Family Stand Terrier said:

This is mainly because we have a large number of fans who can't grasp the context of how things are meant. 

You’ve described this much better than I could. It’s being thrown back at Carol at every opportunity. 

• 2 weeks later...

DC plays boring football.

That's Walsall fan's opinion on OVF when he came to us.

Last season we averaged 1.46 goals per game 

This season averaged 1 goal per game.

Goals conceded pretty well exact opposite.

We have often looked decent against the better sides in the division but awful against teams below us.

If your glass is half full we are making good progress from being almost out of the football league, in fact almost out of existence, to a mid to lower league 1 team. Onwards and upwards.

Half empty glass we were lucky to win at Wembley, without a last ditch goal line clearance at 0-0 different game, and now being charity Vale to league 1 sides below us leaving us praying to get 5th bottom.

Championship ready we are not.

However, Carol is right in demanding that from her on-field and off-field teams.

Whether your glass is half full or half empty surely we can all agree that our club is in a far better place now than before Carol & Kevin arrived.

Let's just get safe and consolidate this summer then make it Fortress Vale Park next season.

UTV

12 minutes ago, WV said:

I was at Wembley. Didn’t feel lucky. 

Totally agree, no way we’re we lucky and it’s a pretty strange viewpoint.  It’s quite obvious that in most games both teams will have chances to score and the team who convert more of those chances wins.  If you want to turn it the other way you could say we were unlucky not to win by a greater margin at Wembley, not that it matters.  This season we’ve been really wasteful in front of goal, that’s not down to luck either.

1 hour ago, WV said:

Exactly.  I felt unlucky to of not witnessed a 5 or 6 goal mauling. 

We absolutely mullered them. Obviously they had the talked about chances but we had numerous opportunities to smash them big time.

If that's lucky I'll take that a few times a season. 

2 hours ago, WV said:

Quite right.  OK, so we had a lucky early let-off, but after that we bossed the game, deserved the win and got the promotion we all wanted. Time to (in fact, long overdue) put this one to bed and move on, it's almost 12 months ago for goodness sakes. 

We are where we are. Let's move forward, hopefully (and I think we will) survive in League One, consolidate over the summer and see where next season takes us.

47 minutes ago, Bycarsbill said:

Quite right.  OK, so we had a lucky early let-off, but after that we bossed the game, deserved the win and got the promotion we all wanted. Time to (in fact, long overdue) put this one to bed and move on, it's almost 12 months ago for goodness sakes. 

We are where we are. Let's move forward, hopefully (and I think we will) survive in League One, consolidate over the summer and see where next season takes us.

Depends how you define luck.  I wouldn’t say it was a “lucky early let off”.  It’s not luck that their guy missed that opportunity, in the same way that it wasn’t luck that gave him the opportunity in the first place.  It was poor finishing from their guy and poor play on our part prior to that.  I’d suggest that luck would be the ball comfortably beating Stone then being blocked on the line by the pigeon that normally roosts above my seat in the Bycars, complete chance.

Archived