onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Played well today. Best we have played since beating Plymouth away (not difficult) however if we can keep the majority of those that started today fit then we will pick up enough points. Still very concerned with out dire defending and goalkeeping but that’s a result of horrible transfer windows that we can’t fix until the summer. 
Definitely deserved a point today, midfield is so much better with Pett in it rather than Conlon. Garrity was very as well today. 
it’s up to the lads to replicate this against the weaker sides, we should be safe but that Dosent hide the fact we have been in relegation form since the new year. 

25 minutes ago, Dan de lyon said:

Tough luck guys you were so much better than I expected today and to be fair at least deserved a point but keep playing like that and you’ve absolutely no fears of going down. To be fair we were poor but I suppose that’s probably to be expected after the euphoria of Wednesday night and reaching Wembley? At least we didn’t get tonked like Plymouth did today at Posh which probably was also the effect of their win on Tuesday? We certainly needed those points today and there were times I thought we might not get them but good luck for the rest of the season and I really don’t think you need to worry because no way are those below you as good as you are on todays evidence.

Dan, very gracious of you to comment on our performance today. We have played a strong team today so perhaps you’re putting BWFC down. It gives reassurance to us fans when we get a positive opinion from an opposing fan. Hopefully the players will be read your comments on Monday morning. Thank you 

6 minutes ago, philmpv said:
8 minutes ago, Warren said:
Need action on the goalkeeping crisis. Can't carry on losing games like this solely because the keepers save 0% of shots on target.

What do you suggest at this stage of the season?

I don't know. I was surprised action wasn't taken in the window. Stevens clearly isn't good enough and Stones doesn't seem to have improved. But I think we could get into relegation trouble if we don't play with a much better keeper. 

I don't know. I was surprised action wasn't taken in the window. Stevens clearly isn't good enough and Stones doesn't seem to have improved. But I think we could get into relegation trouble if we don't play with a much better keeper. 
That was my point. You're saying that 'urgent action' is required to make sure we're safe, but there's nothing we can do unless there's a better free agent out there. Thought I'd missed something

Good effort that was today, more performances like that and we will be fine. Actually looked a decent side at times
We've looked much better and more in control since Pett came back in. It's no coincidence. Get all strikers match fit and we'll be more than fine

2 minutes ago, philmpv said:
6 minutes ago, Warren said:

That was my point. You're saying that 'urgent action' is required to make sure we're safe, but there's nothing we can do unless there's a better free agent out there. Thought I'd missed something

I think the free agent market should be considered. But I don't know enough to be sure that can actually be done. Another route might be bring in a junior or reserve keeper from a bigger club if possible - but don't think it is. I thunk we have a major problem. 

3 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Dan, very gracious of you to comment on our performance today. We have played a strong team today so perhaps you’re putting BWFC down. It gives reassurance to us fans when we get a positive opinion from an opposing fan. Hopefully the players will be read your comments on Monday morning. Thank you 

I’m not putting Wanderers down Playa, it’s what I saw and I’m by no means the only Whites fan who saw it that way. You were good today and definitely deserved something. Obviously I’m glad you didn’t, we need the points but in fairness you seem to perform better against footballing sides than against the more physical ones. You’ve had some good results against the better teams and hopefully todays performance will increase the chances of that run ending and replaced with a good run to the end of the season. I think football wise you’re certainly as good as any we’ve faced this season and on another day would have taken the points so as I said best of luck for the rest of the season and I really don’t think you need to have any fears of going down.

Archived