onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Port Vale

Fosse69

24 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Two shots on target, another two goals = no points yet again.

Have I seen right - another goal from a shot outside the box and another off a set piece? Like Groundhog Day, really is.

Still - and I have to keep reminding myself of this - we are stronger now than we were on 1st January 🤔💩

We go again.

Did you watch the game? If you did you’d know that the shot from outside the box was a snapshot taken first time into the corner. 1998 Schmeichel would have struggled. 

Advert

Vale played well today against a Bolton team in the top 6 and in good form. If we can play to a similar standard from now on in and keep creating chances then some will be put away and we will stay up. Matty Taylor is a good acquisition and he should make things happen.

My concern is next season, the so called "Second Season Syndrome", we have to have a better 2023 summer transfer window than the last two windows.

1 hour ago, Bycarsbill said:

And not teaching those on the pitch how to close-down!

1 hour ago, Bycarsbill said:

And not teaching those on the pitch how to close-down!

You know this, do you? Or is it that, under pressure, the players show they are only human and make mistakes? Why assume it's lack of coaching?

3 minutes ago, Osh said:

No I expect you, and all Vale fans, to grow a fu**ing spine.

WE have just been promoted

WE need to grow into EFL1

WE need to do that over 2-3 years

WE need to stop panicking every time we lose, like little girls in the playground

Grow a fu**ing spine 

AND we've just played a team who have way above our budget and will be up there for promotion.  We've given THEM  a run for their money. 

BUT all WE can do is focus on the negative 

It's such a SoT thing to do. 

12 games left - Portsmouth (A) Ipswich (A), Plymouth (H) - toughies (but winnable)

all the rest against teams a couple of points above us, or below us in the league - plenty of points here for us to bag if we turn up as we did today - KTF

right I'm off to Fluffys wedding reception - have a great weekend you beautiful bouncing valiants 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

WE need to stop panicking every time we lose, like little girls in the playground
Grow a fu**ing spine 

Love it ! Imagine being in the work place , or in a crisis with some of these fans . Flapping like a good en !

43 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

I want us to be safe a.s.a.p. but i want a far far better performance than the last 10, before today.

Have to stay in this league yes but if we are to accept we have a poor team, how do we expect to change 10 + players in pre season with the budget we will offer. These players need to show they have what we need for next season. I dont believe they have it

We've done it before.  Out of interest - what is our budget?

4 minutes ago, Dan de lyon said:

And our manager Lancy, he also thought we were lucky today! Maybe some of your fellow fans don’t realise how good you were today? 🤗

It's unusual for Ian Evatt to have a good word for us - so we must have played well? Some of my "fellow" fans never post on here, unless it's to whinge when we're not doing well. Put a few performances together and we never see them!  

I'd normally hope you didn't get promoted as we don't want to miss your revenue...but it looks like you could be replaced by 3 or 4 teams with fans who travel in numbers? ...so, good luck - it's going to be tight at the top and in the playoffs! 

20 minutes ago, Osh said:

Grow a fu**ing spine 

Awesome, Osh!!

36 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Consistently playing well and losing is relegation form. Yonks ago at Uni I watched Watford get relegated from Tier 2 and every week they would play well and lose. It was a salutary lesson. We're still in a good position but we need to start winning. Don't care how we do it, ugly, beautiful, scrappy, whatever - but just win. Just hope the players' nerve doesn't go in the six-pointers we have coming up.  

The one game that is sticking in my craw  as we struggle to win is the draw against Accrington where the idiot ref blew for a peno after we'd scored, which would have given us three priceless points. Still, it's water under the bridge and we have to get on with it. Time to dig in. 

That generally happens when the bottom teams are winning consistently? 

44 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Two shots on target, another two goals = no points yet again.

Have I seen right - another goal from a shot outside the box and another off a set piece? Like Groundhog Day, really is.

Still - and I have to keep reminding myself of this - we are stronger now than we were on 1st January 🤔💩

We go again.

Amen 

16 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Your a happy lad u are 

Are you happy with our CURRENT RUN OF FORM???

Is there anything that isn’t correct in that summary??

If you like, I’ll elaborate…

Basically we have two goalies that don’t save shots; a defence with no height having sold arguably our best centre half; a midfield that doesn’t close down (hence the shocking number of goals we’ve conceded from outside the box) and a forward line that is barely fit.

But, as I say, we’re supposed to believe that we’re stronger post the transfer window. 

Archived