onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Our Recruitment Team

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

5 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

It's a shame that, when we hit a bad patch, this load of <ovf censored> starts to become more prevalent on here...along with people suddenly becoming medical experts, football accountants, groundsmen, armchair managers and - presumably - the person Carol takes orders from to cut the budget. Then, when we start to pick up again, this crap disappears for a while, until the next bad patch - much of this is a repeat of what was posted when we lost the first 3 of our last 4 games, last season. 

Are you really saying you think our signings have been less than 50% good ones? (and, you know the rest of this sentence, don't you?) Having got us promotion - against massive odds - and taken us to mid-table in the next League? 

Theres been a load of rubbish on here for a long time L T  3.2k  is it now ...Shame you resort to this. Anyone can see <ovf censored> spoken and repeated and repeated.

Our signings have not been good enough and will need to be replaced before too long to make us stronger in league 1. Now i dont expect ALL signings to be spot on, before you cynically comment again but here are my opinions. Thats all they are, opinions and they dont come out when we hit a bad patch. Incidently theres a lot of people that go very quiet when there is a bad performance. Wonder where they go.... They are made after watching players play. Not comments from others. Everyone still gets my support, has done for 55 years, but i will always give my views..

Two or three young loan players failed to impress as backup players.

Forrester , when we need him, cannot get off the bench. Another young loanee gets into team before him. Or is he another player injured. If he is not in Saturday i expect he is really not fit to play a full game ?

Politic. Surely a panic signing after failing to land other targets. Poor. Possibly expensive too. Offers very little to the whole team. Yes can run at players and have a shot, rarely in recent games when we really needed him. Offers nothing defensively to help the midfield.

Holden. A chancer i know but what does he offer ?

Butterworth. Controversy here but not for me. The best of the three, by far and if available and not expensive, worth considering if we cannot get better. Again runs at players and has a good shot but hes having a good run in the team and is offering little when we needed more.. dont give me we have no strikers playing. Politic and Butterworth run  from deep and it shouldnt make too much difference. Again offers very little to support midfield defensively. I dont see him being signed next year.

Mipo. Player from the prem. WOW. You wouldnt know would you. In his defence he perhaps shouldnt be expected to play as much. With Proctor and Wilson in the squad, i think we did need a player who should have been expected to play a fair bit. He has scored a few goals but again dont expect him to be with us next season and dont see him being a success elsewhere.

Massey. For me the biggest let down. Expected much more. Replacement for Worral. Worral is still the best we have of any wide player.  Again, unfortunate he has played up front for a few games but he doesnt look the answer.

Add to all of the above the players we kept on who will be let go soon as. I have always stated, in my opinion, we have very few goals from wide / midfield and we are not strong enough there too. We did not strengthen this area at all.

Only opinions L T but comments like yours will not stop me from watching and giving opinions. Ignore if it upsets you but you wont be left with too many posts to read. Also, you can make a negative comment about the Vale, unless you are related to someone connected to the Vale. If you never see anything negative then fine carry on. I read your posts and many a time i have thought " hes here again " Mr Rose Tinted but i dont lower myself to comment. I accept your opinions and wish you well.

Think sometimes we ought to agree to disagree respectfully. 

I'm in the 50/50 camp on recruitment. There's risks even for the top clubs paying zillions. Look at the tripe Chelsea have signed. 

We can't get away from the fact quite a few of our signings have been pretty meh to say the least. That's not a criticism of recruitment. For whatever reason, Injury , played out of position etc. Some just haven't worked. But some have been gems. 

My view is that every summer whether you go up or stay in the same division then sentiment goes out of the window. You need 3 minimum starters to freshen things up . Ojo and Harrison are two ( both missed a fair number of games) . Massey should of been one but for someone who played about 40 times for last seasons champions he's been a flop. 

So because of Injury and selection roulette we've gone along with the basis of last year with a few loanees chucked in.

We need extra quality. Clarke knows that himself obviously. 

Recruitment plays a big part. I don't think it's moaning to say the jury is out. 

It’s getting the balance right between “good to go” and “ripe for development”. It has been right to give the majority of last years’s squad a chance to develop and sufficient numbers of them have developed sufficiently to justify not getting ird of contracted players. For me, Harrison has been a real find, I can see Forrester coming on and I wouldn’t be disappointed to keep Butterworth. Ojo’s been so so, Massey - probably hasn’t come off. I’d have liked to keep Hall, Mipo not quite done it, Robinson needs to learn when to put a cross in, he’s disappointed me so far. Politic was a mistake.

12 hours ago, LancyTony said:

It's a shame that, when we hit a bad patch, this load of <ovf censored> starts to become more prevalent on here...along with people suddenly becoming medical experts, football accountants, groundsmen, armchair managers and - presumably - the person Carol takes orders from to cut the budget. Then, when we start to pick up again, this crap disappears for a while, until the next bad patch - much of this is a repeat of what was posted when we lost the first 3 of our last 4 games, last season. 

Are you really saying you think our signings have been less than 50% good ones? (and, you know the rest of this sentence, don't you?) Having got us promotion - against massive odds - and taken us to mid-table in the next League? 

This season there is not a chance that more than 50% of the signings have been successful. 

Oh wait. I forgot how much Massey, Mipo, Small, Mccarron, Donnelly, Stevens have all drastically improved the side. We’re now in Feb and still have the same issues we did in the summer  we still have no decent LWB and no fit forwards.

It’s not crap because you don’t agree with it and your just as much an armchair pundit as anyone else just that your view is different. 

For me, we had a cracking last summer, Jan was ok, this summer I thought (and was heavily criticised on here) that we had a very poor window and I think we are weaker after the Jan window. And signed quite a few players that DC has worked with previously. So I’m not too sure what this recruitment team are doing or if they just don’t have the funds to follow up on their targets. 

This season there is not a chance that more than 50% of the signings have been successful. 
Oh wait. I forgot how much Massey, Mipo, Small, Mccarron, Donnelly, Stevens have all drastically improved the side. We’re now in Feb and still have the same issues we did in the summer  we still have no decent LWB and no fit forwards.
It’s not crap because you don’t agree with it and your just as much an armchair pundit as anyone else just that your view is different. 
For me, we had a cracking last summer, Jan was ok, this summer I thought (and was heavily criticised on here) that we had a very poor window and I think we are weaker after the Jan window. And signed quite a few players that DC has worked with previously. So I’m not too sure what this recruitment team are doing or if they just don’t have the funds to follow up on their targets. 
Spot on.

39 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Spot on and I would bring Forrester into that too and maybe DC feels the same way because he's just not getting minutes for the Vale at all now.

With Forrester, next seasons got to be his break through season in professional football or he will end up going down the leagues and being lost in the world of non-league

I understand the frustration outlined by fans on here and agree to a certain extent with the comments about poor signings. I do think that the younger ones get harshly judged. For me the best player we have at the club is still Wozza, and none of the others seem to achieve his continuous standards. It can’t be easy when we don’t play a settled team. For me having a regular team on the pitch is like an extra player as the players have an understanding of their team mates. There’s a saying in football that I’m sure you’re all familiar with and that is when a team is happy and successful there’s no player in the physios room, as they’re all wanting to play.

On 05/02/2023 at 00:20, Caroline Oakes said:

What will Flickers’ job be until we can next recruit … in the summer 🤷‍♀️ I can’t imagine we pay him peanuts 🤷‍♀️

Caroline, I agree we probably don’t pay him peanuts. I’d imagine that with the football industry being the way that it is, players will have already made up their minds wether they’re staying at the club their currently with next season. Also the clubs will have some idea who they want and don’t want. It’s only my opinion that agents will be touting their clients around trying to get them deals. Obviously with nothing being signed this won’t stop some verbally agreeing something now with a club and when a better deal comes in taking that deal

Archived