onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Our Recruitment Team

mr.hobblesworth

Advert

30 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Has Clarke lost the plot by saying the defeat yesterday was his fault or is he being honest. The top and bottom of it is we should never have given him a 5 year contract where he’s very cosy knowing we wouldn’t be able afford to pay him off.

I think that backfired on him with the Portsmouth job.

1 minute ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think that backfired on him with the Portsmouth job.

RZ, do we know if he ever attended the interview.? I have no proof but I feel sorry for CS. I’m convinced that she had little knowledge about the football industry and think she’s been taken in by ppl who’ve been in the game a long time. CS is a fan and will always have my full support.

I was just guessing from the situation at the time, lack of denial from the club, Flitcroft saying that we needed to create an atmosphere where Darrell felt comfortable to stay. Form dropping off a cliff since then since the players were probably aware. Maybe I am reading too much into it but the bookies seemed to think he had a chance.

2 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

RZ, do we know if he ever attended the interview.? I have no proof but I feel sorry for CS. I’m convinced that she had little knowledge about the football industry and think she’s been taken in by ppl who’ve been in the game a long time. CS is a fan and will always have my full support.

2 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

We seemed to have no problems releasing players that Clarke didn't want when he arrived regardless of their contract situation.

RZ they were all out of contract in the summer except the infamous 3 who were told they were free to find other clubs because they had no value as squad members or resale. Completely different 

RZ they were all out of contract in the summer except the infamous 3 who were told they were free to find other clubs because they had no value as squad members or resale. Completely different 
And that would have been like telling Rod Stewart he's got a big nose

18 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I was just guessing from the situation at the time, lack of denial from the club, Flitcroft saying that we needed to create an atmosphere where Darrell felt comfortable to stay. Form dropping off a cliff since then since the players were probably aware. Maybe I am reading too much into it but the bookies seemed to think he had a chance.

I would be surprised if DC wasn’t on the radar of other clubs, certainly when he’s just seen yet another promotion.  Having said that, bookies odds are formed in by punters placing bets so your average punter obviously thought Clarke was worth putting a wedge on, enough to push him up in the betting for a time.  This probably speaks volumes about people, outside of Vale fans, view of Clarke.

As for our form dropping off a cliff, you should know by now that this is simply down to our terrible pitch…..fact……

7 hours ago, Fosse69 said:

It took us quite a few seasons to knock on the Prem after our promotion in 1989, even slipping back a division.  We came up last season with mainly L2 players, with strikers on the pitch we would most likely have been a top 8 team. I would expect us to strengthen in the Summer when more players are available and affordable and know which League we are in. Clubs only usually spend a lot of money  in January to avoid relegation or consolidate a promotion challenge. 

We have never knocked on the door of the Premier League unless I have missed your point 

Archived