onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Our Recruitment Team

mr.hobblesworth

22 hours ago, leedsvaliant said:

I fail to see what he brings to the party.

On the flip side, clearly the recruitment team has got a lot right because we've gone from fighting relegation in league 2 to comfortably in league 1

🤷‍♂️

Advert

On 02/02/2023 at 03:58, Wrex said:

Summer 2022 -

Lewis Cass 

Funso Ojo 

Gavin Massey

Derek Agyakwa

Will Forrester 

Rory Holden 

Ellis Harrison 

Thierry Small 

Jack Stephens 

Mipo Odubeko 

Daniel Butterworth 

Dennis Politic 

Liam McCarron 

We all have different opinions on players but from this list of the summer 2022 recruitment I can pick out Oso, Forrester, Harrison and Butterworth who’ve been worth it. Out of 13 players that a big ratio of “misses”. I accept others will view it differently. 

Great recruitment early doors and deteriated since, as I said on the previous thread, the last 2 transfer windows have been underwhelming, some good signings, yes but are we much better than last season? Despite being in a higher division with a bigger budget. This last window I would have liked to see a couple of decent signings as soon as the window opened to try and make a push for a play off position and a couple more to strengthen our squad, don’t disagree with the players who have gone all though it is a shame Hall has left.

On 02/02/2023 at 03:58, Wrex said:

Here is who appeared to have scouted / recruited players since the recruitment team was put in place. I have put team unless there is an obvious individual behind the signing.

Summer 2022:

Ben Garrity - team

Mal Benning - Flitcroft

Lucas Covolan - team

Ryan Johnson - team

Dan Jones - team

Aaron Martin - Crosby

Tom Pett - team

Aidan Stone - team (maybe Flitcroft)

Brad Walker - team

James Wilson - team

Jamie Proctor - team

Danny Amos - team [was on trial at first]

Lewis Cass - team [loan]

Dennis Politic - team [loan]

George Lloyd - team [loan]

January 2022:

Chris Hussey - Flitcroft

Harry Charsley - team

Sammy Robinson - team

Ryan Edmondson - team

Kian Harratt - team

Joel Cooper - team

Tomáš Holý - team

Summer 2022:

Lewis Cass - see above

Funso Ojo - team

Gavin Massey - team

Derek Agyakwa - team [was on trial at first]

Will Forrester - team

Rory Holden - Clarke

Ellis Harrison - Clarke

Thierry Small - team [loan]

Jack Stephens - team [loan]

Mipo Odubeko - team [loan]

Daniel Butterworth - team [loan]

Dennis Politic - see above [loan]

Liam McCarron - team [loan]

January 2023:

Aaron Donnelly - Crosby [loan]

Matty Taylor - Clarke [loan]

Tommy McDermott and James Plant have also gone out on loan to Salisbury, formerly managed by Clarke and now managed by his former assistant at Walsall. Otherwise, the outgoings, such as Ryan Johnson being sold for a profit, are not included.

Not impressed at all with what Flitcroft has brought in individually 

He only brought in the best manager since Micky Adams. Shields management and coaching team from the boardroom, scouts players, is Director of football, apart that I agree. He has done nothing, maybe we give him the chop?
I'm not saying there are things that he's done that haven't turned out well. I'm not entirely sure Clarke would have been solely down to him. I just have found that constant management speak and talking in riddles us often a sign of someone who talks a good game but doesn't always walk it. As I said, we've clearly got most of our transfers right, so the structure has worked. It's just a nag as to whether it can take us to the next level.

16 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Rudgie always said if he hot more right than wrong he was doing well.

I think the recruitment team have exceeded that.

Also sometimes it's the ones you manage to avoid who are just as big a successful decision as those you buy.

Exactly.  Gareth Ainsworth. Ian Taylor.

Or( hide your eyes ) Jermaine Holywyn. Rogier Koordes .

On 01/02/2023 at 15:27, mr.hobblesworth said:

This isn't a thread to slate them (although it will no doubt end up as one) but just wondered what the 'team' actually was? How many people, are they full-time, permanent staff or people used on a consultancy basis? Seems weird to have a team of waged people in place to oversee 2 incoming loan transfers in 5 months.

Completely agree and got shot down as being stupid on a separate thread. The more recent transfers (that have actually been decent) are down to DCs connections rather than this recruitment team. It worked wonders at times last season especially in the summer but I’m not convinced this season 

Archived