onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood Red

wotsyobeef

Anyone see the red card for the Fleetwood lad this weekend. Got sent off for celebrating in the direction of the Ipswich fans behind the goal from outside the box. Put his arms in the air then punched the sky.

Makes you think back to McKirdy and Williams for Swindon in the playoffs or the Harry Smith and his chums at home to Orient last year.

Surely that is absolute madness. It happens somewhere everyweek, quote often keepers do it and Jamie Vardy would would get a red for every goal he scores if that is the precedent.

20221204_133548.jpg20221204_133622.jpg

Advert

This is something that always annoys me.  Totally unnecessary to deliberately wind up fans, who are already gutted at conceding.   We had a spell a few seasons ago where they ran over to the Lorne street goading us match after match. Why? Hadn't exactly given them Any grief.

Trouble is it only takes 1 emotional and possibly drunk fan to throw something or run on the pitch and WE then have the problem  

Professional footballers should behave in a professional manner.

Just my opinion,  I know others see nowt wrong with it.

36 minutes ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

This is something that always annoys me.  Totally unnecessary to deliberately wind up fans, who are already gutted at conceding.   We had a spell a few seasons ago where they ran over to the Lorne street goading us match after match. Why? Hadn't exactly given them Any grief.

Trouble is it only takes 1 emotional and possibly drunk fan to throw something or run on the pitch and WE then have the problem  

Couldn’t agree more. One of the funniest moments last season was when Orient scored to go 2-1 up 5 minutes from the end. Their scorers ran to the Lorne Street to gloat and their keeper was giving it large to the Paddock. Vale then scored 2 in added time in front of the Orient fans to win it.  Needless to say the Vale fans reminded Vigoroux in the Orient goal that he had been a bit of a knob!!

2 hours ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

Yeah could certainly be a problem, Sutton away last season was pretty bad with more than 1 goal being celebrated right in fropnt fo our fans and more than a good number were trying to get at them.  Totally uncessesary too at the time I felt, go over an celebrate with the few fans you've got I thought.

I'm on my own with this one but never had any issue with opposition players goading us when they have scored, we as fans spend time shouting abuse at them, maybe something back in return can be expected.  I have seen Popey on a few occasions give it to opposition fans when he has scored and we don't mind it but when happens to us, there is nearly a riot.  

1 hour ago, valefan79 said:

I'm on my own with this one but never had any issue with opposition players goading us when they have scored, we as fans spend time shouting abuse at them, maybe something back in return can be expected.  I have seen Popey on a few occasions give it to opposition fans when he has scored and we don't mind it but when happens to us, there is nearly a riot.  

Agreed. It's panto. Good fun to give it, horrible being on the end of it but adds to the fun of watching football. I'm more bothered that refs seem to tolerate it for anything up to a minute which seems to legitimise time-wasting.  

38 minutes ago, Andy Proctor said:

You get a yellow card for removing your shirt for celebrating a goal, or jumping in with your fans so don't think goading the fans should be anymore than a yellow or any punishment at all really.

Agree with that. Yellow card, ungentlemanly conduct?

I assumed,  perhaps wrongly then , that this would be a second yellow

Yeah could certainly be a problem, Sutton away last season was pretty bad with more than 1 goal being celebrated right in fropnt fo our fans and more than a good number were trying to get at them.  Totally uncessesary too at the time I felt, go over an celebrate with the few fans you've got I thought.
Handbags and bravado. If any of our fans genuinely wanted or intended to get onto the pitch to spark one out, they could. The fact that none has says it all. I've no issue at all with oppo players giving it back to the fans. They take a lot more than they give back. Let them have their little moments. Makes it all the sweeter when, like Orient, they look complete tools just 5 minutes later!

With his own fans, plus his first yellow was for repetitive fouls in the first minute of the 2nd half!. One of the worst referees we’ve ever had that day.
Lee Probert, now refereeing in the Premier League. Figures.

Although in fairness to him that was the first match of the season the automatic booking for removing the shirt came in. Dont think many people knew of the rule change, I certainly didn't. Never really understood that rule but now its common knowledge that if you remove the shirt u will get booked.

I was livid at the time but nowadays you would just say Paytner was an idiot for doing it whilst already on a yellow.

Archived