onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Milton Keynes v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, boleyuk said:
4 minutes ago, VantaaVale said:
This is the 4th game into the season. Think about it.

Sorry, what's your point?. I have distinctly said not panicking, but questions need to be asked. There is a League table and every other side has also played 4 games.

Questions need to be asked? Seriously?

Ask the same question after 30 games.

Advert

Just now, Sandyford_Lion said:

This is a tough league

Our forwards need to learn to take the chance they have in front of the goal - as you wont get many chances.

Teams we have played so far have pushed up and as soon as a Vale player has the ball, 2 players have hassled that player as soon as he gets the ball.  Bit of an eye opener for them and hopefully they will learn quickly.

The worrying thing is that we have so many players that are either inexperienced, unfit, injured or getting back to fitness. 

Proctor looks out of sorts - clearly not fully fit, will he ever be again?

Conlon and Walker - getting back to fitness.

Worrall and Wilson - both always carrying some sort of knock. 

Massey - not fit yet. Why?

Robinson, Small, Forrester - all inexperienced and being thrown in.

Holden and McDermott - both thrown in at the deep end to play upfront. Neither would get in a League Two team playing there.

There’s a lot of unnecessary questions just 4 games in. 

The squad should be built by now and the starting 11 starting to shape up. 

2 minutes ago, 1 said:

We need two L1 standard strikers.

2 to start, 2 to finish, 1 to cover. That will literally translate as a base of 2 or 3 available for each game because we would never have 4+ as long as Proc and Willo are here. 4 games in and playing midfielders up front is embarrassing frankly. Behind the scenes Proc will be being patched up to the hilt and wanting to take time off, you can see by his performances.

Wilson is league 1 easily and Proctor is too when fit. I suspect he isn’t based on what I have seen so far. 

I assume you're thinking I'm querying the managers position. Far from it. Clarke is the man, but he needs be questioning his team selections, whether they are right and whether he knows his players as well as he thinks he does. You've misunderstood.

I assume you're thinking I'm querying the managers position. Far from it. Clarke is the man, but he needs be questioning his team selections, whether they are right and whether he knows his players as well as he thinks he does. You've misunderstood.
He can only select the players he's got. What he's got isn't ready for a league one season.

I think the crux of this is that we haven't been able to field two fit out and out all season. I know proctor and harrison have had spells together but proctor doesnt seem fit. We just dont know how to score at the moment in open play and still missing some pace up front.

Performance wise i'm not too downbeat. Thought we were ok. Shape generally seemed good and didnt let them have too many clear cut chances. The fact that both johnson long rangers went in is unlucky for us but maybe a lesson for us about league one.

I was actually a bit gutted when hussey came off. Thought some of his 2nd half deliveries were excellent and the way the second half was going felt that was our most likely way to score.

Just now, boleyuk said:
4 minutes ago, VantaaVale said:

You made a valid point it is okay to think thats nowhere near good enough. Was poor throughout and they didnt look anything special. The thing id look at is we started a bit slowly last season and then we kicked into gear hopefully the same will happen again. However darrell will be asking the questions were all asking aswel im confident he will find the answers but I wouldn't want to watch to many more of them perfomances

Have to say the journey to Spain may have got them fit but I'm afraid not much else. Proctor is struggling to control the ball. I know it's a higher league but with our best of last season we would have put these to the sword. We need wozza and wilson back quickly. Keep the faith guys.

I thought for an away side new to the league , some bookies favourites to go down we haven’t started to badly

Poor tonight but then we played well first half , goal from nowhere changed the game

Our home form will be key but we need to pick up points against the teams that will be down the bottom . Burton is one of them Saturday

Complete over reaction as per , by some.

Frustrating as a defeat is that was a narrow defeat against a so called big side for this league.

Very disappointing result and performance. I've been pretty lenient over our lack of preparedness so far, but the team sent out first half would struggle in league 2. It seems that we're virtually using these first few games as fitness exercises which isn't on when people are spending a fortune going to watch them.

Sent from my SM-A920F using onevalefan mobile app

Archived