onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Milton Keynes v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

1 minute ago, VantaaVale said:

Does anyone honestly believe that MK Dons will finish in the bottom 4 this season?

No but they’ve shown nothing attacking wise and barely have tonight either, and we gift them points by playing a half-fit team of second streamers. Have to pick the points up when teams are down.

3 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
5 minutes ago, VantaaVale said:
Thank you. The impatience of today's society never ceases to amaze me. Give it time and keep the faith..

All we hear atm. Patience patience patience. Meanwhile the product on the pitch is awful

Awful??? Really????......It's all about opinions I suppose........

Tonight showed a main difference between league 1 and 2.

Thought we were the better side first half and more likely to go on and win… then we got sucker punched with a goal.

From then on they managed the game brilliantly, slowed it down, men behind the ball and we couldn’t get back into it.

No need to panic… albeit I see the prophets of doom are definitely doing that already. 

Good performance against Bolton, less so today… We will get better as the season goes on, more players will come in, Willo will be back and current players who are not quite 100% will get there.

Try not to lose your head… KTF and UTV

3 minutes ago, Walka003 said:
4 minutes ago, VantaaVale said:
4 games in after a promotion season? Lol. 

You're absolutely right. What you saw tonight was a great league 2 team.

No. The problem is it takes time to adjust to a higher level. 30 games. Wait and see. Or let's just panic, eh?

8 minutes ago, VantaaVale said:

Does anyone honestly believe that MK Dons will finish in the bottom 4 this season?

Not a chance they will. Neither will Oxford or Wycombe who are both currently below us. I think without stating the obvious that goals and chances created are going to trouble us in our attempt to stay in the league this season. We don’t seem to have much guile in midfield to play that killer final  pass for me. The injuries are also a huge concern this early in the season.
We all know it’s going to be a struggle this season I just hope Carol can make sone money available to strengthen in the next week or so to give us a chance. If she can’t then she needs to get some investment on board to help us out.

We did the hard work last season by getting out of that awful league. Ground improvements are great and it would be a real shame if we went back down after a single season. On a plus side it’s nice to see Harrison get a goal going into Saturday where we have to win. Simple as that. I said a month back in this league when you get on a bad run there’s no hiding place with a game against Colchester or barrow it’s Sheffield Charlton derby etc.. 

No. The problem is it takes time to adjust to a higher level. 30 games. Wait and see. Or let's just panic, eh?
We've got 15 days left of the window. The worry is getting the players to get us over the line. I don't feel this squad is ready yet for league one, so weve got to strengthen, especially going forward.

Just now, Walka003 said:
1 minute ago, ClntonBoulton said:
Awful??? Really????......It's all about opinions I suppose........

Certainly going forward, absolutely awful. Crying out for Wilson.

Yeah, agree to a certain extent. but feel that will come.We have to look long term not just on one offs....I also thought that Ojo was awful tonight having been my MOM on Saturday. At times we tried to be too cute and Proccy is so far off it at the moment it's unbelievable. 

Yeah, agree to a certain extent. but feel that will come.We have to look long term not just on one offs....I also thought that Ojo was awful tonight having been my MOM on Saturday. At times we tried to be too cute and Proccy is so far off it at the moment it's unbelievable. 
I'm not overly convinced yet on Forrester either. He reminds me a lot of Smith, think he would be good in the middle. Looks panic stricken with the ball at his feet.

1 minute ago, valeblue said:

Does everyone know it’s still August and not December?

Exactly.

No pre season to talk about. New players just come in. New players coming in. And a manager who openly admits to slow starts every season. We lose by one goal against an established top 10 side (over many seasons) and people are suicidal here.

Trust the process? I dunno. But at least give it some time. So far it has worked.

Just now, Walka003 said:
1 minute ago, ClntonBoulton said:

I'm not overly convinced yet on Forrester either. He reminds me a lot of Smith, think he would be good in the middle. Looks panic stricken with the ball at his feet.

Again I agree to a certain extent...I was expecting a Beckenbauer after the build up, but again I think he'll settle in once we settle down.

All we hear atm. Patience patience patience. Meanwhile the product on the pitch is awful

Nonsense,

2 poor away performances and 2 good home performances

So the product is not awful

It’s 50 % bad

And we are in a league higher , playing teams with larger budgets and established league 1 players

What is your actual expectation? Realistically it’s surviving and if the season ended now we would be doing that , so far so average which is fine this year

1 minute ago, Walka003 said:
3 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

First time I’ve seen Forrester tonight and I was a bit underwhelmed. Cass would be my choice for right centre back on Saturday. We need more going forward and Cass can start moves off well.

Archived