onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

10 minutes ago, WV said:

It just gets a bit boring and depressing reading you and a few others spin everything in a negative way. Happened on every match thread when we weren't winning last season and every transfer thread. If there was a bit more balance and you posted something positive occasionally then that would be fair enough. Seems whenever there is positive news around the club you and various others disappear on a regular basis. The forum is only as positive as it's most negative poster. 

Jeez, get over yourself! Now who’s being negative!!?? Have a beer and enjoy the start of the season!

I’ve given an opinion on a Player we don’t even know if we’re interested in!!! But because I’ve not posted pictures declaring that we are certs for Promotion if we sign him then I’m putting a negative spin on the Club!! Incredible. 

God how I’ve missed these match day threads…

Advert

1 hour ago, WV said:

How can you be a naysayer still after getting it so wrong last season? You slated the January window that got us our promotion but you're still sure you are right again. 

Never said I was right then or right now. But it’s a forum where we can post opinions. Something you don’t seem comfortable with if I remember the Covid thread correctly. January signings didn’t get us promotion imo. The fact that our big players, namely Wilson and others like Benning improved massively got us over the line. January was a mixed bag. 1 fantastic signing, 2 very decent loans, 1 poor signing and 2 shocking loans. I just like every other poster on here is allowed an opinion. Why do you think Niasse would be a good signing? I’ve just read Iron Curtains reply to me and I agree with that. Im not doubting DC and co I’m simply just giving my opinion on a football forum, he’s not even signed yet. 

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

People find what they want to look for 

they do but I saw a few posts where they really weren’t fussed at all. Same with any player really, probably completely irrelevant as we have signed players with great reviews who’ve been crap and visa versa. Just giving my opinion on him, not allowed according to some. 

1 hour ago, WV said:
BURTONBREWERS.PROBOARDS.COM

Not sure where on the forum you are looking but looks like they wanted to keep him but its a financial decision not a playing one. 

One says financial one says short term deal so not shocked. My point was more that nobody was gutted he hadn’t been signed up 

4 hours ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Might be rubbish, but I heard we'd bid six figures for Simpson.

IF we were in for him then it would cost that,my guess would be around the 150k mark maybe a little over but it will be nowhere near the 600k they mention

48 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Interesting that Blackman didn’t even make the bench at Exeter today.

Is he injured? Trying to think why he wouldn’t even make the bench as backup.

!still crying he hasnt got into the vale

41 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

IF we were in for him then it would cost that,my guess would be around the 150k mark maybe a little over but it will be nowhere near the 600k they mention

I am would love Simpson he’s class.I don’t think he would expect to play week in week out because he’s young 

15 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Interesting that Blackman didn’t even make the bench at Exeter today.

Is he injured? Trying to think why he wouldn’t even make the bench as backup.

Who needs Blackman when you've got Scott Brown!? Interesting though that they gave Blackman squad number 18. Maybe they're still searching for their #1?

19 hours ago, Emile said:

Wouldn’t have thought he was the kind of signing we would be after but I’ll wait to see how good he actually is if he do actually sign him. Would have preferred Harrat staying who is on the bench for Bradford today.

We will sign a Harratt type forward though, a stretcher as DC put it.  Someone with a bit of pace to play off the shoulder and run in behind.  In fact going off what I saw yesterday we still lack pace throughout the side.

Couple of things.

Barton's management style is to actually name players who shouldn't be in the team. He said if Westbrook and Clarke are in his starting lineup then he must have had a terrible recruitment. That must be quite a knock to their confidence to hear your manager say that?

Hladky was on the bench yesterday for Ipswich.

Blackman was injured and couldn't play yesterday.

Harratt has made a mistake in going to Bradford IMO. He's now fourth choice striker behind Angol,Cook and Oliver. And suspended for 3 games.

4 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

We will sign a Harratt type forward though, a stretcher as DC put it.  Someone with a bit of pace to play off the shoulder and run in behind.  In fact going off what I saw yesterday we still lack pace throughout the side.

I think that’s a fair comment about our lack of pace…. Particularly defensively… however it’s really hard to improve all aspects of the team in a single league 1 transfer window. I think this time next season it will have been addressed in a logical and considered manner rather than a scattergun approach doomed to failure.

Archived