onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

I don't know why people are panicking over the fact that no signings have been made recently.

If fit,I think Holden will be offered a deal. I'm confident we have a keeper lined up.

If there's no other permanent signings then we could go into the loan market...Cass was a great loan signing and we had some lovely cameos from Politic.

It's still early days yet...

Advert

3 minutes ago, DazFred said:

I don't know why people are panicking over the fact that no signings have been made recently.

If fit,I think Holden will be offered a deal. I'm confident we have a keeper lined up.

If there's no other permanent signings then we could go into the loan market...Cass was a great loan signing and we had some lovely cameos from Politic.

It's still early days yet...

Totally agree,i still think we will make 4 permanent signings(keeper and 2 strikers and one other maybe Holden) then we will add a couple of loans if needed as well.

People panic but we haven't really lost a lot of players and there are still plenty of good players available

The loan market has changed, they used to be a month etc, now season long loans are normal.

No rush 🙂 teams have to decide who to move on, I am sure we have options. 

No team gets all the targets it wants. Hope we get a couple of permanent signings, I am sure we will.

It was the same last pre season re the keeper situation when some did seem genuinely terrified that we'd start the season without a GK. If Cov has been allowed to leave it's because we're very close to signing a replacement. Simple as that.

As for the other positions, I've no doubt at all that it's all in hand and by the time the season starts we'll be where we (the club and management team) want to be. They do know what they're doing

54 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

You may as well close this thread there's no signings .
It's Cass and Ojo and thats it , and Garrity is playing in goal as cover and and Sammy Robinsons playing in defence if anyone gets injured .
May as well have a thread on what you watching
Stranger Things very good on Netflix.
emoji167.png Academy good on Netflix also .
UTV .
6200 season tickets sold if all hospitality gets sold out and 4000 shirts in other news .
Fletcher is our 20 goals season striker UTV if signs in other news

I don't have Netflix

1 hour ago, DazFred said:

I don't understand it either. People seem to fear the worst because there aren't rumours coming out of the club right and centre.

There's plenty of time left. The time to judge the strength of the squad is the first fixture of the season not early July.

For me, there's not a panic but I am concerned that we've not got the bodies in yet. We're going to be in a far more competitive league with an increase in substitutes and the recruitment needs to be spot on. Are people not remotely concerned that the offerings are going to be getting poorer in quality the longer we wait? Three weeks ago everyone was 'oh just wait for the players to gett off holiday', then it was 'contracts expire next week, we'll hear something then' and now it's just 'don't panic'. I have no doubt that we'll be getting enough players in but it's not ideal to do your christmas shopping just a few days before the big day.

12 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

For me, there's not a panic but I am concerned that we've not got the bodies in yet. We're going to be in a far more competitive league with an increase in substitutes and the recruitment needs to be spot on. Are people not remotely concerned that the offerings are going to be getting poorer in quality the longer we wait? Three weeks ago everyone was 'oh just wait for the players to gett off holiday', then it was 'contracts expire next week, we'll hear something then' and now it's just 'don't panic'. I have no doubt that we'll be getting enough players in but it's not ideal to do your christmas shopping just a few days before the big day.

Not according to Carol.

She said in the podcast that early signings don't equal best.

But all this waiting 😳🙏

16 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

League Two club interested in Aaron Martin according to unofficial_vale 

He trained today, but another Connor Hall style flip would be just the ticket.

I don't think Martin has let the club down. He's an old school defender,scored the winner at Barrow.

You get what you see from him. More reliable than Disco Dan who was anonymous after his sending off,apart from impersonating the Yellow Coat at the end of the season. The one you try to avoid at Maplins....

I could see Martin maybe moving on. Realistically our best back three is Hall, Smith and Cass. At the point Martin is at in his career really he should be looking for regular playing time and just don’t think he’ll get it at Vale. Will wish him nothing but the best if he did move on though, played a big role in our promotion.

Archived