onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Unofficial Vale with the rumour that we are looking at Kieran Phillips from Huddersfield (we obviously have a good relationship with them)

Played at Walsall on loan last year as a winger… Huddersfield recalled him because they wanted him to play up front. 

Went to Exeter and scored 2 in 11.

Advert

Would have to agree, still a few areas to improve but we're in a stronger place after yesterday's movement. Would like to see another striker in to cover for Proctor when he inevitable gets injured. Still don't understand why Harrison couldn't be signed up ahead of the start of the season if DC knew him but he's in now so let get him into the team pronto.

I'd always thought glandular fever was just a really bad sore throat. Interesting to read up about it after the goalie signing.
Maybe Fleetwood didn't want to release him until they had replacement.. Just a thought

6 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Unofficial Vale with the rumour that we are looking at Kieran Phillips from Huddersfield (we obviously have a good relationship with them)

Played at Walsall on loan last year as a winger… Huddersfield recalled him because they wanted him to play up front. 

At the fans forum Flicker and DC both said Huddersfield were really impressed with how we looked after Harratt and were offering us a pick of different young players to take on loan.

DC said needed to get the squad together 1st then look at young loans at the end of the window. I’m guessing now is the right time as the squad has come together.

17 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Having watched Robinson and Small on Wednesday they both look like they would play wide midfield roles in 442. Robinson looks very good as a go forward wingback in our current system. I question if he has the defensive understanding of Worrall and Massey. On the other side Small is competing with the much improved Benning who is also now scoring goals regularly. He has a bit of a way to go to force his way in the team past Benning but looks ready as well. Hussey needs to have a viable way into the team and one wonders if he should move on at his age to get regular games. But he is a good player in a more defensive role and can play left side central defence. So I do see value in him and he made a good contribution to promotion before injury last season. Jones is also a candidate - I'm struggling to come to terms with his man of the match performance v Rotherham!?? 

Why can we not sign goalkeepers that are of a standard goalkeepers height 🙃

Welcome to the club Jack.

Looks like  a absolute quality of a signing.

Just wondering, in a weird way, if Vale get some kind of bonus from Oxford if he gets another chance of a big money move at the end of the season.A kind of development fee

31 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Why can we not sign goalkeepers that are of a standard goalkeepers height 🙃

Welcome to the the club Jack.

Looks like  a absolute quality of a signing.

Just wondering, in a weird way, if Vale get some kind of bonus from Oxford if he gets another chance of a big money move at the end of the season.A kind of development fee

He's 6ft 2" how big do you want him?

How tall is the current England Keeper 🙄

4 hours ago, Walka003 said:

I'd always thought glandular fever was just a really bad sore throat. Interesting to read up about it after the goalie signing.

The "kissers disease" is bloody awful. Lost six months to it, just feels like a vampire has sucked all the life out of you. Plus it takes your immune system down, so you keep picking up other stuff at the same time. Really debilitating. But you do fully recover, slowly. Problem is it tends to recur, more mildly, for quite a while. He has my sympathy and hope he is fully recovered and all the best to him.

5 minutes ago, toyahw said:

The "kissers disease" is bloody awful. Lost six months to it, just feels like a vampire has sucked all the life out of you. Plus it takes your immune system down, so you keep picking up other stuff at the same time. Really debilitating. But you do fully recover, slowly. Problem is it tends to recur, more mildly, for quite a while. He has my sympathy and hope he is fully recovered and all the best to him.

Correct.  I spent a long time trying to catch it.  Then I got married. 🙄

34 minutes ago, mbycars said:

He's 6ft 2" how big do you want him?

How tall is the current England Keeper 🙄

By putting an upside down laughing emoji, I was hoping that people would see that I was being sarcastic.

You probably did not read past that comment which means you missed my comments that I think its a cracking signing 

11 hours ago, prof said:

Yes, absolutely. What I meant was, I'm not old enough to have ever seen him play. I certainly don't mean to belittle him. History shows how good he was.

Before your time was all I read in your post, no belittling at all. His Wiki entry is an interesting read.

I just hope the plan now is, to give McDermott a more natural 17 year old intro to League 1 football. I know the saying goes "if you're good enough, you're old enough", and no doubt the lad has ability. But the worst two games have also shown, quite naturally, that he's been thrown in at the deep end out of necessity. To be fair and honest: he played because we had absolutely nothing else!

I'd like to see him now get a more withdrawn role, easing him in at a more natural pace. Given the odd 15 minutes here and 20 minutes there, like on Wednesday. Maybe even using him in his more natural midfield position... 

Players his age, when promoted to senior football, need succesfull experiences to progress. And while the Fleetwood game was such, even though he quite naturally seemed very light weight at times, he doesn't need to many more games like Exeter, to stall his development. 

1 hour ago, Warren said:

Having watched Robinson and Small on Wednesday they both look like they would play wide midfield roles in 442. Robinson looks very good as a go forward wingback in our current system. I question if he has the defensive understanding of Worrall and Massey. On the other side Small is competing with the much improved Benning who is also now scoring goals regularly. He has a bit of a way to go to force his way in the team past Benning but looks ready as well. Hussey needs to have a viable way into the team and one wonders if he should move on at his age to get regular games. But he is a good player in a more defensive role and can play left side central defence. So I do see value in him and he made a good contribution to promotion before injury last season. Jones is also a candidate - I'm struggling to come to terms with his man of the match performance v Rotherham!?? 

In today's terms, I'm not so sure that a starting place is much different to a replacement sub place.

Essentially, we have, and need two players for each position. Five subs allows for replacing half the outfield starters.

I'm really curious to see how DC utilises the squad, especially as he expects such high energy performances.

Archived