• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

Match Thread: Port Vale v Mansfield Town

I felt the game was slipping away from us midway through the second half. Great goals from harratt. First goal he just hovered in space and gambled. Second I loved how everyone else was moving and he just stood still. Pure striker instincts.

Also nice cameo from benning. Some nice touches and positive intent. If hussey is playing through some injuries lets rest him and give benning a go.

I gotta say if i was mansfield i'd be lived about two of the goals. Keeper so week for wilsons and such dozy defending for harratts first. The kind of goals we've got used to conceding in recent weeks so nice to see it go for us for a change.

Anyway a great performance. Keeps the season alive and hopefully everything is beginning to click

• Like 7

Advert:

Huge result. Benning did well when he came on. Love Harratt's energy. I'd go with the same 11 on Saturday and use him off the bench again. Martin was redeemed himself second half and had a decent game... certainly shouldn't have been left alone for their goal.

• Like 2

Advert:

How many goals have our 2 loan inexperienced strikers notched now?
7 which is, notably, more than double the combined total of Ryan Loft and Kane Hemmings, 2 of the 'proven L2 strikers' that people were screaming for in January. And 2 of those goals were penalties by Hemmings
  • Like 2

Advert:

10 minutes ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Great game really entertaining hung on in there second half when they were getting on top and hit them with sucker punch disappointing home attendance though but great atmosphere in the railway 

Proved tonight we can do it, we can get results again, especially when it felt that we were dropping off the standard, yes Mansfield had a spell, but they never really got through, the attitude and will to win from the Vale  was immense, well done lads and on to Bradford..... Believe.

• Like 5

Great result, a game we had to win with all the other results going against us but 3 points gained on Sutton and Mansfield and that goal difference better than everyone's apart from Forest Green.  The only negative for me was the gate, we are going for the play offs and only 4300 Vale fans turned up, Carol, the players and management team deserve more fans than that and hopefully more there next Tuesday.

• Like 2

Advert:

Wonderful win, a lot been made about how many points we've dropped from winning positions this season, but how many games have we conceded first but gone on to win now?

Tonight, Crawley (x2?), Barrow, Leyton Orient, any others?

Like everyone else here, pleased to see Harratt back in the goals as he seems to have a great attitude. Him and Edmondson providing great depth and energy, while Wilson and Proctor are getting that understanding back.

All still to play for...

• Like 2