Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Interesting he's played for Rovers and Walsall, but never under Clarke.
What's the betting fans accuse Clarke of signing ex-players when they read his previous clubs?
In all fairness. Does it matter whether they are his ex players or not, so long as they do the job.
  • Like 3

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Gallifreyan Valiant said:
3 minutes ago, Joe B said:
What's the betting fans accuse Clarke of signing ex-players when they read his previous clubs?

In all fairness. Does it matter whether they are his ex players or not, so long as they do the job.

No, I agree, but I know some will read 'Rovers and Walsall' and accuse Clarke of being lazy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Of course they will i have already had that said to me about this player.... i am just fed up of saying the same thing about how the majority of managers will sign a lot of players they know,trust and have managed before(although as you say he wasn't at either club with DC or DF

• Like 1

My favourite part of the summer is where a player's quality is judged using the criteria of 'do I recognise him?'.

This criteria results in players with memorable names being deemed 'good', and players with generic names being deemed 'bad'.

Jean Louis Akpa-Akpro would be labelled a decent signing, I am convinced, despite turning out for Radcliffe this season.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Advert:

No, I agree, but I know some will read 'Rovers and Walsall' and accuse Clarke of being lazy.
We are going to have a few that have played for Clarke or Flickers but I think they have managed teams a little bit higher than non league unlike the last manager so they should be a lot better players

We are going to have a few that have played for Clarke or Flickers but I think they have managed teams a little bit higher than non league unlike the last manager so they should be a lot better players
I agree. These are managers that have both won promotions from this level. So they know what needs to be done.

With an average wage of 5-10k a week in the lower championship if we raise season tickets by a couple of grand each we might get a couple. On a serious note I think we will struggle to get well known players who cost a lot because we aren't going to have a massive budget poss about 2 million. We lost nearly 1.5 million last year and will be feeling the affect of Covid for years to come

Advert:

30 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

We might as well give up anyway. They’re already kicking off on that Facebook group saying we shouldn’t be signing players released by league 2 sides and should be after low end championship players! Absolute morons. 

Just leave it. Proper nuts over there.

Swindon fans are livid at the release of Tom Broadbent (CB) and Anthony Grant.

There's so much baggage with Grant, age not withstanding, but he takes the p!ss out of League 2. He was strolling around when they spanked us 3-0 last season, barely trying, but completely dictating the entire game.

It'll be a good team that signs him.

Edited by Joe B

Advert:

Best GKs who have been released: Ryan Allsop, Marek Stech (had a poor season), Lee Nicholls, Jonny Maxted, Lee Camp, Ian Lawlor, Lewis Ward.

Goalkeepers who have rejected contracts/offered new deals: Lawrence Vigouroux, Sam Hornby, Jack Bonham, Scott Flinders

Just so people get a feel of what's out there currently but of course it doesn't stop us finding a GK (or 2/3) elsewhere.

12 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Best GKs who have been released: Ryan Allsop, Marek Stech (had a poor season), Lee Nicholls, Jonny Maxted, Lee Camp, Ian Lawlor, Lewis Ward.

Goalkeepers who have rejected contracts/offered new deals: Lawrence Vigouroux, Sam Hornby, Jack Bonham, Scott Flinders

Just so people get a feel of what's out there currently but of course it doesn't stop us finding a GK (or 2/3) elsewhere.

Vigoroux comes with a health warning. He's a calamity. Always dribbling out from the back. 

I think Alsop is a possibility, won't be on big money at Wycombe and in effect only dropping one division now. 

27 minutes ago, Joe B said:

The Nicholls one is interesting... his stats read very well and he sounds the dream... but Rovers fans say he didn’t perform well under DC on loan and they were not impressed at all. Would DC give him another chance?

• Like 1

• robf changed the title to Transfer rumours, targets & new signings