Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert:

20 minutes ago, Portvale4 said:

I've heard the same. He will be our first signing in the Darrell Clarke era. 

Don't know what to make of this one. He clearly has potential, but he seems to have lost his way last season. Clarke has obviously worked with him before, so he must think he get a tune out of him again. 

Best of luck to the lad!

Anyone take Corey Blackett-Taylor??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Out of genuine interest, who would you be enthused by, at this level?

Maybe I made it sound less positive than I meant.. I would be happy enough with the signing of Gordon. I can see some potential upside and can see what his role would be in the differing approaches that DC will try and bring. What I meant was I wouldnt be blown away thinking that this is the signing that would change our season.

I'd be impressed with Benning he would be the round peg we have desperately needed in a round hole for some time, and a good one at that.

David Davis

Ryan Allsop but I think he is out of our reach

Van Veen

Gillead

Sam Finley

Sweeney

Will Aimson

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Heard again today from someone close to Josh Gordon that that will be a done deal. Not sure what I think about him. Squad player I’d say at best if we want to get up the top end of the league. 

He was ok at Stafford Rangers I guess. 

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, CambridgeDon said:

Rob’s latest article has us linked with David Davis, defensive mid released by Shrewsbury. Fine pedigree ex Wolves, B’ham and Charlton. His wiki entry makes great reading:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Davis_(footballer)

Looks like he would be a quality signing for us. 

Wasn't he the Brexit minister??

• Haha 1

On 12/05/2021 at 22:15, Playa Amodores said:

I heard a rumour that Clarke got so carried away wielding his axe, that he actually released himself. 

and carol and colin and uncle tom cobley and all!😄

Advert:

22 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

I’d hope he would’ve improved since his Stafford days. Good squad player I’d say. Better than Cullen and Guthrie. 

I think that was RZ's little dig at a potential player because he could be signed by his arch enemy DC

Edited by werstayinup
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, jjvale_03 said:

Had a good schooling with Leicester U23, showed great promise in L1 when Walsall were relegated, had a decent season in 19/20 but has struggled this campaign. 

Looks like an upgraded version of Kurtis Guthrie - fairly strong, fairly quick, good movement and an eye for goal. I think it'd be a half decent signing.

He's completely different type of player to Guthrie. Guthrie's game needs someone to play off him. Josh Gordon really needs someone to play off. If Guthrie refinds his goal scoring mojo he'll still be a good player somewhere at this level. 

No idea if his signing is a rumour or really on the cards. Josh Gordon is a really decent young man. He was a good player as a schoolboy but I always thought he'd struggle due to a lack of height. I think that counted against him when he got released by Stoke. Clarke was trying to get him to extend his contract at Walsall before he left, so he must rate him.

Gordon would be an alright signing. Was good last season and had a knee injury which disrupted him this year.

An easy and obvious signing. but I hope we see more creative signings in the coming weeks.

Is he an out and out forward?

EDIT: Appears to be a bit of a utility man across the front 3 positions. Not a good goal return but apparently works hard. 

Edited by Joe B

Advert:

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Gordon is decent. Noticed he was on monty’s Instagram today. Always looked decent when I’ve seen him, would be a good back up striker 

Yeah definitely not a bad option as 3rd choice if the plan is to shift Rodney to the wing. 

• Like 1

• robf changed the title to Transfer rumours, targets & new signings