Neal Eardley - RB, The one that got away previously, 32 now

Stephen Quinn  -Midfielder who spent most of the year at Mansfield

Luke Varney - Fwd, 38

Mike Fondop - Fwd, 27yo, 2 in 17

• Like 1

Advert:

Advert:

39 minutes ago, valiantastic said:

here’s one out the blue, Mo Eisa who’s just been released from Peterborough. 

Peterborough have a rule I think that if you have one year left on your deal, either you extend or are made available for sale... Mo falls into this category. They will want £500k - £1m for him... Their chairman was touting him out on Twitter saying he is perfect for a promotion push out of Division 1 and will give you 25 goals a season.

2 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Stephen Quinn  -Midfielder who spent most of the year at Mansfield

Cloughie's love child will end up back at Mansfield. I would also be very surprised if he doesn't try and sign his other adopted son John Brayford.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Peterborough have a rule I think that if you have one year left on your deal, either you extend or are made available for sale... Mo falls into this category. They will want £500k - £1m for him... Their chairman was touting him out on Twitter saying he is perfect for a promotion push out of Division 1 and will give you 25 goals a season.

I was thinking the other day how Vale's transfer record to buy in is still £500,000 for Ainsworth 25 years+ ago, with inflation that figure is even higher. We were in the old Division 1 back then but I hope its not another 25 years before we can break that record.

• Like 1

Advert:

37 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Then why's he only got 2 in 27 league games this season?

Edited by EricHamesis

12 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I was thinking the other day how Vale's transfer record to buy in is still £500,000 for Ainsworth 25 years+ ago, with inflation that figure is even higher. We were in the old Division 1 back then but I hope its not another 25 years before we can break that record.

We tried to break that record when Rudge offered £800,000 of the Ainsworth money for York's Richard Creswell, but got knocked back.

• Like 3

Advert:

5 hours ago, Doha said:

As far as ex Clarke/Flitcroft players go I'd be very happy with Benning & Sweeney from Mansfield and Clarke from Smalsall, plus maybe a second look at Stone, O'Keefe and Cook (+ a possible cheeky bid for Rory Holden to wind Chairman Alan Partridge up) 

That's it. Having seen Sinclair, Gordon etc on ifollow this season, and having read a lot of fan opinions, I'm not interested.

Just a thought,  are they any better than we have just got rid of?

Considering Mansfield, Walsall, Bradford etc have finished in or around where we are in the League?

Imo there will be plenty of ex L1 and Champ, players available!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, KEV.WILLIE said:

Just a thought,  are they any better than we have just got rid of?

Considering Mansfield, Walsall, Bradford etc have finished in or around where we are in the League?

Imo there will be plenty of ex L1 and Champ, players available!

Exactly. Just as I think, there will be many clubs with smaller budgets next season, looking to save money in general. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

Likely it will be. Most clubs spend more on wages in the post Bosman era. Back then Rudgie could get loads of money back selling gems, that these days will simply get snapped up free out of contract. 

• Like 1

• robf changed the title to Transfer rumours, targets & new signings