Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, philmpv said:
8 minutes ago, VantaaVale said:

What does 'listed as a triallist due to severance reasons' mean? I thought his contract with us had expired?

Yeah. that had me confused as well. 

1 hour ago, MBE said:

Does anyone know if Solanke and Griffiths are still on trial, signing or have left?

DC I would expect 😉. He will let us know when he’s good and ready - the way it should be with no leaks👍

I read somewhere that the severance relates to the wages the month after players have been released.  If a player doesn't get fixed up the releasing clubs have to pay a months wages and vice versa if they do. I also think that if a player is on a lesser wage the releasing club makes up the difference for July.  Bradford City were not happy with York City as York signed Clayton Donaldson from August as opposed to July to save the months wages.  Bradford argued that York had released the fact that Donaldson had signed a deal, paraded the new signing even though his contract doesn't start until August.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bald Eagle said:

DC I would expect 😉. He will let us know when he’s good and ready - the way it should be with no leaks👍

So nothing announced... I didn't know if I had missed any news - The Sentinel reporting has been horrendous during the off-season.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MBE said:

So nothing announced... I didn't know if I had missed any news - The Sentinel reporting has been horrendous during the off-season.

what sentinel reporting?????????????????????????/ are we at war with the rag?   the tides-well out? 😄😉:drink:

19 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

what sentinel reporting?????????????????????????/ are we at war with the rag?   the tides-well out? 😄😉:drink:

The sentinel  has bin <ovf censored> just lately any way. The keep doing peces on things that are not even in stoke and copying and pasting things from Facebook.

• Like 1

Didn't the Sentinel's holding group make lots of redundancies and reporters like Baggers were left to cover several clubs (I'm sure he was doing Chester articles)?

Local journalism is in the mud. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

Didn't the Sentinel's holding group make lots of redundancies and reporters like Baggers were left to cover several clubs (I'm sure he was doing Chester articles)?

Ah that's sad to hear. Let's hope the coverage during the season doesn't suffer too much

18 hours ago, Joe B said:

Yep, I think that's the issue. There's been a load of cuts at the Johnston Press and I think Mike is now having to cover several clubs so naturally there's less focus on Vale as a result. It's a pity and sadly it does show what an excellent job the Sentinel did do of covering Vale issues in the past.