Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

26 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

That is generally correct, however I would question fans ability to make a decision like that when they have only seen the player a handful of times (probably mostly from the bench) spread out over a 5 year period. Lots of our fans were similar when we let Dan Turner/James Lawrie go, who both played more for us than he has for Doncaster.

Of course, it's not an exact science. Just hopefully not a complete farmer.

Seems like it would be a decent pick up but surely we have enough resources at the back. Unless this guys that good they don't think they can turn down the opportunity but 3 Lbs seems mental.

8 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Heres an interesting fact for you all which i struggled to believe but from a reliable source- before tom conlon signed his new contract he was only on 700 a week one of our lowest paid first team players  

Wow only 700 pounds a week for kicking a bag of wind 2800 pounds a month it's a 1100 more a month than what I get and I work nights however I expect the lad be on more than that in footballing terms but if keeps improving then his wages will go up somewhat if he attracts bigger clubs who do and will  pay silly money .

That's the same for every player who will represent a lower league club ,if you are very good the sky's the limit if not you could just as soon as find yourself having take other employment but some moneys better than none so appreciate whatever money you receive .

UTV 

• Like 1

To be fair to Tom, he came in as a trialist and has worked his way over the past three seasons into a key player so not a shock he was on a lower wage for the club but has rightly earned the right to a better deal. Season before last he was actually not in the first XI until Taylor got injured so been a great turn around.

42 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Wow only 700 pounds a week for kicking a bag of wind 2800 pounds a month it's a 1100 more a month than what I get and I work nights however I expect the lad be on more than that in footballing terms but if keeps improving then his wages will go up somewhat if he attracts bigger clubs who do and will  pay silly money .

That's the same for every player who will represent a lower league club ,if you are very good the sky's the limit if not you could just as soon as find yourself having take other employment but some moneys better than none so appreciate whatever money you receive .

UTV 

Yeah obviously that is a nice amount for the average wage my point was more towards the fact he was one of our lowest paid players 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tisdeano said:

Was that nasty ? Apologies if so

That one and a few before it. It's a good thing having different opinions - just no need to sink to the level of several on here!  

3 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

Are there any decent strikers still out there? Who’ve been released that we might be interested in, from League 1 & 2?

Or Hartlepool?

That one and a few before it. It's a good thing having different opinions - just no need to sink to the level of several on here!  

I apologised , I’m not very good at expressing myself in written form , it’s hard to portray the emotion behind it
  • Thanks 1