Match Thread: Cheltenham Town v Port Vale

Posted (edited)

Most of this team has been in relegation circumstances previously. With this information already available, we extended contracts and added to the mayhem with inferior additions. These circumstances were overseen from higher up. Blaming the players or current management is pointless now. Damage done. We are in desperate trouble. 

Edited by vale@rocks
  • Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm starting to doubt our play off chances.

Go back to the 365. You cannot be a genuine Vale fan with stupid posts like this.

What are you going to do about it then? Sit on here just crying about it all day? No way to live your life pal. This is the difference between your 12k posts on here and my less than 100. I

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Powerline said:

May as well go home now and forfeit, there is literally no chance whatsoever of us getting anything from this game. Wouldn’t be surprised if we had no shots on target by the end of the game still. At least we’d get no injuries if we did.

It's basically gone exactly as a I knew it would. A bit of huff and puff until we inevitably switch off or make a mistake, and then that's checkmate. Call me a defeatist. Negative. Numpty. I just call it being realistic. We're absolute dog <ovf censored> and unless a minor miracle happens, we're going down. We're also stuck with Clarke for a while whether we like it or not.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Just as Bradford fans were falling over themselves laughing when we signed Guthrie, I think we can already see why Walsall fans were staggered another League Two club made such a big thing to get Clarke. While our players are generally woeful both individually and collectively, you have to say that there's been absolutely no 'new manager' bounce whatsoever.

Walsall should have been paying us to take him so far! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

The biggest worry for me is that we have no identity, no style of play, no shape and no ideas since Clarke was appointed. Askey had his faults but we half knew what we were getting at least. We had a settle 4-3-3 etc. This is just random every week. It’s as if the players have been told to launch the ball up the pitch and hope that something drops. 

It’s askeys fault there his signings that we’re in this mess Clarke hasn’t got a magic wand and also carol also has to carry some of the blame by not acting sooner 

Advert:

We have been on a slippery slope for years. People saying we are 'too big' to go down need a reality check. This team is absolute garbage, the worst for many years. We were punching well above our weight last season. I genuinely think we will go down, I can't see where a goal is coming from never mind a win! We really do deserve to be non league. Tinpot.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SuperHuman said:

The biggest worry for me is that we have no identity, no style of play, no shape and no ideas since Clarke was appointed. Askey had his faults but we half knew what we were getting at least. We had a settle 4-3-3 etc. This is just random every week. It’s as if the players have been told to launch the ball up the pitch and hope that something drops. 

I'm not a big fan of changing shape every week. Once in a while ok. At least we used to look like there was a goal in the team somewhere.  When is Worrall fit ... for me we stay up IF he plays 10 more games.

This IS the same group of players who should have been in the playoffs last season. They aren't as awful as they look but the look pretty dreadful.

I can't understand playing Rodney on the right. Other than Bolton where he was up front all the times he has played well he as been on the left.

Taylor has been completely anonymous, a lot of the others haven't been much better.

If you gave me the choice I would take Reggie over Guthrie every time.

We didn't start that badly but have no hope whe we concede the first like that.

Brown has cost us quite a few times this season. He has always struggled to pick the flight of the ball but quite a few shots have gone straight through him this year. Especially when this bad run started.

I'm usually a glass half full kind of person but currently I'm really struggling to stay positive.

Advert:

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

No way has the club deserved that. Fans gave everything even it Turdwaite did not. 

Sadly the fans can't offer anything where it really matters though, which is on the pitch. Even if supporters were allowed in, it's hardly a cauldron. Our team would have been booed off most games and players would have had another excuse to use, and so would the OVF happy clapper numpty club.

Shocking signings and woeful manager appointments time after time has finally caught up with us.

Edited by TylerB

Posted (edited)

Realistically without Worrall, Pope (in this climate), Oyeleke, Gibbo, Monty - 5 nailed on starters - we haven’t got any shape, threat or creativity.

Edited by 1

8 minutes ago, osprey said:

What do you possibly say to that bunch at half time?

May as well just sit in silence

Pointless wasting words

You tell them the bus is leaving at 6pm and non of them are getting on it 

What’s done is done regarding Askey, no one can change it. He’s no longer the manager so let’s move on. By the time the season ends Clarke will have been in the job long enough. Clarke shouldn’t have a free ride this season, especially if we go down. However, I do agree that we should judge him properly next season. If we go down though, the writing will be on the wall unless we are top by October, let’s be honest. 

• Like 1

You tell them the bus is leaving at 6pm and non of them are getting on it 

This lot wouldn’t be able to find the bus

Advert:

I’m convinced we won’t win another game. We’re an absolute horror show and there’s better Evostick outfits than us. I’d say the three below will only have to overtake us then that will be that for us. Who’d have thought all that good press we had in the summer would see us getting relegated. Best owner off the pitch but she will be the one who sees us go out the football league. You couldn’t make it up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Serious question. Does Clarke know what he's doing?  Yes we have crap players,  but there is no glimmer whatsoever of what he's trying to achieve.