Match Thread: Port Vale v Stevenage

2 minutes ago, Powerline said:

I was concerned when we offered Taylor a 3 and half year deal. Really don’t think he’s all that good.

He is, in the right role. #10. 

This midfield tonight is completely over-run, we're relying on hoofing to channels for Rodney, like an away side. 

Edited by Doha
  • Like 1

Advert:

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, Barrow and Grimsby have both won...but Mansfield and Colchester have both lost. Mansfield now been dragged into the mix. It's a useful point for us, tonight - not a good one, but useful. I'm not

I think some people need to give players a bit of time. Guthrie's had six games after being out in the cold for some time at Bradford. For me, he's still finding match sharpness but that will only com

First job was to stop leaking goals, we've done that tonight. That's a positive.

Posted Images

It's pretty clear that Taylor just hit a purple patch for us last season. If he's not getting on the end of things then he's no better than Burgess. In fact I'd say he's probably worse. It doesn't really matter who we pick, or what formation. We're a really poor team, as shown by the fact that some people want a striker on who hasn't scored a goal all season. Secretly I wonder if Clarke wonders what the hell he's walked into.

Just now, TylerB said:

It's pretty clear that Taylor just hit a purple patch for us last season. If he's not getting on the end of things then he's no better than Burgess. In fact I'd say he's probably worse. It doesn't really matter who we pick, or what formation. We're a really poor team, as shown by the fact that some people want a striker on who hasn't scored a goal all season. Secretly I wonder if Clarke wonders what the hell he's walked into.

Have a day off mate seriously like yes were not great why do you have to go on and on moaning about everything youve made your point 1000 times over every comment you make is just slating players over and over again. 

• Like 6

Advert:

6 minutes ago, Doha said:

He is, in the right role. #10. 

This midfield tonight is completely over-run, we're relying on hoofing to channels for Rodney, like an away side. 

I agree, in the 10 he is a playmaker and goal scorer. I wonder if he has the engine to get up and down as part of a battling midfield.

2 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Luke Joyce offers absolutely nothing other than "experience".

Big drop off, but again I think formations suited the midfield before and now we’re all at sea. Need to get a settled side and play the same formation.

Edited by 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Vale1995 said:

Have a day off mate seriously like yes were not great why do you have to go on and on moaning about everything youve made your point 1000 times over every comment you make is just slating players over and over again. 

Sorry. Next time I post I'll say how fantastic we are, just to please you.

Advert:

1 minute ago, 1 said:

Biggest drop off from last season. And he wasn’t a world beater then

Slow. Can't pass more than 5 yards. Doesn't score or assist ever, albeit it's obviously not his job. He really is a waste of a body on the pitch. He's a trier, can't and won't knock him for effort. But like many at the club currently he's simply not good enough.

Edited by TylerB

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

To be fair, you did exactly the same under Askey - to the extent that some sad act counted up the number of posts you were making about the same point.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Luke Joyce offers absolutely nothing other than "experience".

He’s the only one of the midfield three I’ve noticed. 

• Like 2

Just now, TylerB said:

Sorry. Next time I post I'll say how fantastic we are, just to please you.

We all know weve got a poor squad of players you dont need to say about how poor it is every single post you make we know players arent performing you dont need to go on a rant every match about how poor people are. This is our squad for the remainder of the season you complaining about it is not going to change anything we cant do anything about it until summer youve made your points every game 79 times over so why do you need to have to keep slating the team constantly. If you are actually fan just accept this is where we are at until the end of the season and try and support the team. Because going off about how bad the players are constantly is just tiresome to read and depressing

• Like 1

Advert:

5 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Look in the mirror. Exactly you under askey ....

5 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

He's missing Guthrie

That was absolutely diabolical. Taylor has been awful, all he’s done is constantly lose the ball. Shame there’s no one who can come on for him now Joyce is injured. Also, why play 3 in midfield to just play hoofball when the ball is just flying over their heads.

Changes needed second half because so far there’s only one team that looks like they’re going to win and it ain’t us. If we are playing hoofball we need Guthrie on so he can hold it up. Currently we hoof it and the ball comes straight back at us. Pointless.

Only positives are the three centre halves have all done ok, I thought Joyce was doing alright, and Swan looks quite lively.

One of the worst halves I’ve seen all season, thankfully they’re also sh*te.