Match Thread: Port Vale v Stevenage

Just now, Jacko51 said:

He’s the only one of the midfield three I’ve noticed. 

I think Conlon has been ok. Pressed quite well, joyce not good enough, wasn’t last season and I got slammed for saying so. Certainly not this season. 

Advert:

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, Barrow and Grimsby have both won...but Mansfield and Colchester have both lost. Mansfield now been dragged into the mix. It's a useful point for us, tonight - not a good one, but useful. I'm not

I think some people need to give players a bit of time. Guthrie's had six games after being out in the cold for some time at Bradford. For me, he's still finding match sharpness but that will only com

First job was to stop leaking goals, we've done that tonight. That's a positive.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

We all know weve got a poor squad of players you dont need to say about how poor it is every single post you make we know players arent performing you dont need to go on a rant every match about how poor people are. This is our squad for the remainder of the season you complaining about it is not going to change anything we cant do anything about it until summer youve made your points every game 79 times over so why do you need to have to keep slating the team constantly. If you are actually fan just accept this is where we are at until the end of the season and try and support the team. Because going off about how bad the players are constantly is just tiresome to read and depressing

If it's sad and depressing to you then do the sensible thing and block me for crying out loud. It really isn't difficult to do. If the players/club give me something to be positive about, I'll be more than happy to give credit where it's due.

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

Look in the mirror. Exactly you under askey ....

The reason for this was because people were justifying askey and his tactics and saying it was the wrong move to sack him and he was the right man from the job. 6-10 games later and i was proven to be right

No service to the front two and defence under too much pressure equals only one thing: terrible display by our midfield. Don't know how DC's going to put this right because the options on the bench are pretty poor but they need to put in a shift second half or inevitably the pressure will pay. They are playing straight through us as if no one is there.

Passing generally awful as well, so DC has got a lot to do at half time and the players need to wake up.

We could still win this though because Rodney and Swan look a real threat to their defence.

• Like 2

Advert:

Windy condition having a big effect on the game, same for both teams but makes playing good, flowing, passing football much more difficult.

Get the feeling one goal will win this, hope it's in Stevenage's net.

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

I think Conlon has been ok. Pressed quite well, joyce not good enough, wasn’t last season and I got slammed for saying so. Certainly not this season. 

Joyce has done his job. Been far better than Conlon but some on here just have an agenda against certain players whilst others can do no wrong.

• Like 1

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Joyce has done his job. Been far better than Conlon but some on here just have an agenda against certain players whilst others can do no wrong.

Why is it that people aren't allowed to say a footballer is crap (in their opinion) without them apparently having some sort of "agenda"? There really are some fruitcakes on this site.

Edited by TylerB

I can see we are already doing much more pressing all over the pitch than under Askey. That’s a step forward. Our ball retention as disappointing as ever. 

Edited by TJHValiant

Just now, TylerB said:

Why is it that people aren't allowed to say a footballer is crap (in their opinion) without them apparently having some sort of "agenda". There really are some fruitcakes on this site.

That’s fine to say that, but watching that game I don’t see how anyone could say Conlon was better than Joyce. Clearly Conlon is a better player. But to single out Joyce from this game when others have been far worse is wrong. And I’d take a look in the mirror if I was you.

Advert:

3 minutes ago, TylerB said:

If it's sad and depressing to you then do the sensible thing and block me for crying out loud. It really isn't difficult to do. If the players/club give me something to be positive about, I'll be more than happy to give credit where it's due.

I think we’re missing Guthrie, Tyler. Do you agree?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1