Match Thread: Port Vale v Walsall

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very telling words  I'd really really really love to know why there was neither a minutes silence or a minute applause for the very sad loss of one of our own Charlie and a superb player from our

I'll make some fairly controversial comments here.  We're being let down by the entire club, at present. There is a complete abandonment of anyone to take a decision and sort this chaos out. We'r

Here is the issue. £1m loss due to the pandemic. I accept that. I can accept what she said in the RS interview about the ramifications of it. I don't accept the excuse that a new manager wou

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, sunny boslem said:

😂 mate give it a rest 

Come back when we actually sign a player that isn't a freebie or a loan deal, or costs more than an average weekly grocery shop.

Edited by TylerB
  • Haha 1

What a load of crap that 2nd half was.

I can't remember two worst fullbacks than Mills and Fitzpatrick in a Vale shirt - absolute dross. 

Brown -well the least said the better after that.

This game shows again how fragile our confidence is. The team looked very flat once that 2nd goal went in.Very very disappointing response. Not enough leaders in this team when things go against us.

Only positives Gibbons with some minutes on the pitch and I thought Guthrie did well overall. 90 minutes for him should help him going forward. 

• Like 1

That 3rd goal will be talked about both the reason we lost is goals like the second one, absolutely horrific, Sunday League defending which we are conceding week on, week out. 

Somebody on Radio Joke said drop Nathan Smith, we’ll I’m afraid I agree. I was completely non-fussed about whether he stayed or went in the Summer and my fear was we’d wasted Budget on a supposedly “premium” CB better spend on a premium striker. Low and behold be have a centre half that looks completely lost and Theo Robinson. Brilliant.

We desperately, desperately need a CB and to be fair I don’t think having Crookes there could be any worse. Enough has been said about the fullbacks and thankfully we’ll soon have Gibbo and Monty back. 

This Vale team at the moment reminds of when Michael Brown was trying to keep us in L1. And that is not a good place to be.

Advert:

1 minute ago, SuperHuman said:

Seriously now, why have Sinclair and Pugh been given a chance? What qualifications, experience etc etc etc have they got to warrant this opportunity? I was all for sacking Askey, his time was clearly up. However, if you are going to sack him don’t come out with rubbish like we are in no rush to look for a new manager. Nothing has changed. We are still crap and are no sooner down the line in appointing a new manager.

We had one win against a terrible Grimsby side and suddenly Carol and Pope are on the radio singing Pugh’s praises and acting as if everything is rosey. We’ve also heard it all about how the players like Pugh. We are a professional football club not a Sunday league team. 

The players have had it easy, end of. The whole football club from top to bottom is too nice. Appoint an experienced manager who will ruffle them up a bit. 

Rant over.

Because they're cheap.

Two absolute howlers to concede and probably won’t se that again!

Still for me, final ball wasted from some good positions. Effort there but not enough skill. 
Conlon, Worall worth their money today for their performances. Others poor to average.

Crossing requires improvement as well as movement into space.

Season write off for me but I will continue to support the club.

Feel like I did coming back from Wolves when Bully scored a hat trick. Low and frustrated after so much early season good work and expectation.

• Like 1

What an absolute shambles. Embarrassing to watch. Only players to come out of that with any credit were Guthrie, Worrall, Conlon, and Gibbons.The rest, not fit to wear the shirt.

Too many non league standard players. Carry on like this and they may achieve that next season

Have we got a new management team as that looked like an Askey type performance

Some serious problems going forward. Can't see us beating anyone at the moment

The worst defender I had ever seen at Vale in Zac Jules had Amoo in his pocket. Just speechless!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

The worst part of all of this is we have now wasted a transfer window by letting these pretenders have a go at management. Whoever the new manager is, he's got to work with this shower until summer.

Doesn't matter who the manager is when you conceded goals making errors like that.

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

Come back we actually sign a player that isn't a freebie or a loan deal, or costs more than an average weekly grocery shop.

U need show some respect or go earn some millions and u take over 

• Like 1

Advert:

1 minute ago, gags 64 said:

What an absolute shambles. Embarrassing to watch. Only players to come out of that with any credit were Guthrie, Worrall, Conlon, and Gibbons.The rest, not fit to wear the shirt.

Too many non league standard players. Carry on like this and they may achieve that next season

Have we got a new management team as that looked like an Askey type performance

Some serious problems going forward. Can't see us beating anyone at the moment

The worst defender I had ever seen at Vale in Zac Jules had Amoo in his pocket. Just speechless!

I could defend against Amoo, just stand in front of him and he passes backwards. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

A season of unforced basic errors.  Schoolboy stuff.  That said, well played Tom Conlon today.  Feel a bit of sympathy for Guthrie, feeding on scraps all game.  Good to see Gibbo back.  See out the season with Pugh then look for a replacement manager in summer.

pugh can go now and take sinclair with him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, boleyuk said:

Seen enough. Look like a set of very unsettled indiviudals playing for a temporary management team. No quality with.the ball whatsoever, not finding your man, bringing problems on themsleves frequently.
Joyce was completely anonymous and poor with the ball, as were everyone else with exception of Conlon. No service to Guthrie at all. Needs a manager in with strong character to come and get a grip of them. No more nicey nicey nepotism, playing for your mate.and no consequences when isn't working.

Yes, and in my humble opinion that manager is Derek Adams whose unfashionable Morecambe beat Colchester 3-0 at home today, taking this unfancied team to 6th in the table. Is that value-added or what?

Does anyone think he would put out a performance like that today? Or put up with the dross we've just paid to see? Or be outwitted game after game?

No - an up and coming young manager with decent previous spells who can take a mediocre side and turn it into promotion contenders.

What I would give to have him in charge tomorrow morning.  

• Like 5

We need an experienced manager who can get the players playing again.  Get Sinclair out of the club as it all went pear shaped after he came in. Might be a coincidence but from the rumour's coming out of the club he seems to have split the club.  Today smirking as he came off.  What is that all about.

Carol can you please re-look at the manager situation.  Fans are now talking about not renewing their season tickets due to the dross happening at Vale every match.  The fans have been patient but you are lucky fans can't go to the ground with what the players have produced on the pitch.

• Like 2

Advert:

1 minute ago, sunny boslem said:

U need show some respect or go earn some millions and u take over 

Weakest argument ever. Next time you comment to anyone about space, the Universe, don't. Because you're not and will never be an Astronaut.

20 hours ago, rider1308 said:

Not read the previous 12 pages of mainly jibber jabber !!!! Thread says match day thread Port Vale v Walsall. So I’ll go for Walsall to win (again !!!! ) this hopefully will dispel any notion of Pugh becoming manager and any slimmer of hope that we can put a team out who can compete and put a shift in for 90 mins. Carnt wait for 4:50pm tomorrow 😢 !!! ( Go on Vale prove me wrong !!! ). 

Well I was right again, how much longer carol ? 

• Like 1